Status: active<3

Simple Thoughts

Just a Bit, Babe.

The light seeped in through my window and I groggily opened my eyes. It physically hurt to see the sun so I turned. I shut my eyes tight against a chest that smelt of lavender and soap. I looked up at a shirtless Luke and my eyes grew.

"What the fuck," I whispered, stumbling out of bed in the same clothes had worn last night. I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself. Slipping off my skirt I inspected myself with only a black tank top left on me. No hickeys or bite marks but my hair was a mess. What happened last night? I shook my head and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a cup of coffee that Adri had made before work.

My head hurt and slumped against the cold table, hoping that the whole world would just get a little quieter. But, it didn't seem like that would happen. "Someone's got a nasty hangover," Luke hollered in my ear while still tenderly brushing my hair away from my shoulder.

"Fuck you," I spat. I glanced over him though, silently appraising if we had done anything. There was certainly no physical reason I wouldn't have done anything, face and body. His hair was messy but from sleep. What had happened?

"Well, if I didn't have restraint, that would've happened last night," he said with a smug look on his face. I rolled my eyes and choked out a laugh before slumping back down onto the table. Maybe if I shut my eyes, he'll leave me alone.

He slid into the seat beside me, making as much noise as possible. "Alcohol and sober boyfriends don't exactly mingle well. Is there a reason you got so drunk that you weren't even able to stand without falling forward?" He asked me, poking my arm.

"Because I wanted to?" I said, raising a brow and opening one eye to peer at him. "Because I'm not a sober girl and have been partying since the 9th grade?" I added on the end. Obviously, he didn't know me very well in high school at all.

"If that's what floats your boat," he said, leaning backwards in the chair. "I'm not going to argue with you about it. I just don't like it." He said to me with a disappointed look in his eye. I rolled my eyes and I stood up.

"Well, I don't really care. I do what I want, it's been that way for awhile now, as long as my high school career lasted and on ward. This is me: take it or leave it," I spat, sipping my coffee. He had succeeded in irking my last hungover nerve.

"What happened to 'please don't go?' That was only for when you were drunk and I was making sure you were okay. That's cool. I see how it works now." He stood, walked into my room and slipped on his shirt and walked towards the door. "I'll call you later I guess."

"Luke," I began, "I just. I don't know what you want me to do. I'm not gonna totally and completely change because you don't like what I do. You liked me for a reason. Well, this is me. Last night was a part of me, the good and the bad." I stated, begging him to stay with my eyes.

"I don't care that you had something to drink. It's the getting so drunk that you can't even remember what happened last night that bothers me." He sighs, shakes head as if to clear it. He reaches behind him and rubs the back of neck like he does when he's nervous. "I just don't want you to make a stupid choice and then I've lost you before I actually got to be with you."

I walked over to him and slipped my arms around him. "As far as I know, I'm not going anywhere." He raised a hand to my cheek and smiled. "Except maybe to another party." I said with a smirk. The smile he had, fell and I glanced down. "Too early to joke?"

"Just a bit, babe." He said, smiling and kissing me softly.