Sequel: Times Are Changing

Vital

Recognition of fowl play in the joking area.

The pathetic things people spread around about other people is sickening. I mean honestly, they have a sick twisted imagination. I couldn't believe the rumor was David rejected me and my lesbian friend Gabriella's request for a threesome to make hers and my relationship 'stronger', which is why I punched him. Only because she has chopped, layered, hair that would remind you of Joan Jett.

"I'm sick of them," I growled, glaring at some of the idiotic cheerleaders as they giggled and walked off.

"Tell me about it," Gaby whispered, a frown on her face.

"Don't let them get to you, Gab," I cooed, and she just laughed.

"Yeah. So, where's Nathan?" She inquired, glancing around. Funny that she'd be asking about him of all people.

"He has a life." I snorted, at which she laughed.

"Yes, but I thought he was going to make a habit of hanging out with us?" She bit her bottom lip with a pouty look on her face. "It was kind of nice."

"Nice?" I repeat.

"Oh, stop lying to yourself Monique. You know you enjoyed his company just as much as I did," Gabriella scolded, standing then tossed her trash away. She came over and returned to her seat. Ignoring my hand that's hanging out in hopes she'd take my trash too.

"Ugh," I groaned, getting up myself. I went to the trash then tossed it inside.

"Sniff, sniff, cries." Chelsea teased, then walked off with her friend. I narrowed my eyes then hurried back to Gabriella.

"Someone is going to die," I hissed.

"Meaning?" She inquired, glancing over her shoulder at Chelsea.

"I'm telling him that she knows, she'll be killed," I warned. Gritting my teeth together.

"Calm down, Monique," Gaby cooed, standing up and stared at Chelsea. "She's just stupid."

"Exactly," I spat. Then saw David walking. He would be the only person that I could see being enough of a crazy bastard to start this. I carefully followed him then grabbed his attention without people noticing.

"What?" He shrugged me off with a smirk.

"You do realize Chelsea's fate once certain people know she's harassing me about drugs, right?" I growl. Shifting my eyes around to make sure no ones listening.

"That whole exchange student was all a rumor anyways, I started it four year years," he chuckled. At which I rolled my eyes. I wasn't talking about that stupid rumor.

"That doesn't mean it isn't possible. David, you don't understand. My little group stays hidden for a reason, you shouldn't fuck with the logic's of that. It could get ugly," I warned, at which David just looked at me with a glint of hope in his eyes.

"I could only hope," he tested, then shoved past me. I narrowed my eyes then hurried out of the hall way. I felt something hit my legs, causing me to fall over. It was Chelsea and her friend. That was far enough when people stared at me and laughed. I got up, then hurried past Gabriella to meet him.

"Monique! We don't speak to him at lunch often remember!" Gabriella followed me, frantically trying to reason with me. But it was too late, I grabbed his shoulder and he turned around. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, and kissed his cheek.

"They wont leave me alone," is all I had to say. I felt his head tilt up a little, and there Chelsea was. A little paper in her hand that she drew 'I take happy pills' in cursive writing on. A slight nod was gestured, and I knew what that meant. I smiled, kissed his cheek again and he patted my butt away for me to leave.

"What did you do?" Gaby breathed out. Her eyes never leaving Connect as he watched Chelsea walk. He muttered to a few people around him, then they nodded.

"Sometimes she has to learn a lesson too," I scornfully spat, then stalked off.

"If you say so." Gabriella followed, peeking over her shoulder occasionally.

"You don't joke about someone with such a serious thing, she needs to learn boundaries." I justified myself all day. Making sense to not only Gabriella but to myself when she wasn't around.

Finally sixth period. I wonder what my grade I got on that surprise test yesterday.

"Nathan," I greeted, cutting off my own thoughts and pulled the pen out of my mouth. He just sat down and didn't speak to me. "Nathan?"

"Monique, I heard a few things about you," he whispered, looking me over. "I just need to talk to you after school," he smugly added. With a simple nod, I quietly waited for my paper.

"Woo!" We heard John, a jock, yell from across the room. Both him and David were dancing around, causing all eyes on them in the class as usual.

"What grade did you get?" Nathan inquired, turning to me.

"Thought you were only going to talk to me after school?" I teased. He just tilted his head to the side with an 'oh come on you know I can't ignore you all day' look and that crooked smile to match.

"I got a B," he informed, then looked at me.

"A," I answered, biting my bottom lip. I didn't like to brag, however, I really do love this class. The only one that I keep an A in every year, being English. History, I have a B in. Math and I however, we do NOT get along. Same with Science.

"Nerd," he playfully joked, at which I smacked his arm.

"Am not." I stuck my tongue out, then put my test in my folder.

"Everyone have a wonderful day now!" Mr D hollered which was his way of telling us to get out of his class five minutes before the bell rang. We all filed out, and Nathan decided to walk with me instead of with David.

"So, what was that about earlier?" I frown. Glancing over my shoulder at David, then returned my attention to Nathan.

"Dave warned me about you," Nathan muttered, continuing to walk.

"What do you mean, warned?" I scoffed. Irritated.

"He said you were a drug addict." Slowly his face turned into a sad expression.

"And you judge me for that?" I inquire.

"I believed it at first, but no. You're too-" suddenly he stopped talking. "Wait, judge you for it? You mean to tell me it's true?" He frowned, stuffing one hand in his pocket and using the other to hold the strap to his backpack.

"Doesn't matter," I grumbled, walking faster than him. I was hoping to lose him, since he was already making the decision to be David's friend.

"No, it does," He quickly caught up to me, and slightly smiled. "I've wanted to try them."

"You're just saying that." I rolled my eyes.

"No, really." He grabbed my arm, causing me to stop walking.

"Well." I paused, remembering what David said. Maybe I should get Nathan into them just to spite David. But then I felt bad. I can't do it. "Sorry."

"For?" He quirked a brow.

"You cant do them with me," I choked out. Never had I said those words to someone that Connect could get business from.

"Why not?" His voice was defensive now. Almost like his ego was hurt that I declined him his right to do drugs.

"Because, I said so," I immaturely replied when I saw David walk to his truck. "If you don't mind, I'm not going home today."

"Monique!" Nathan hollered, but I hurried to David's truck. I opened the door and hopped inside, causing David a great deal of confusion.

"What are you doing?" He sighed, shutting his door and starting the truck.

"I don't want to sleep alone in my house. It's scary," I confess, when my door opened and Nathan stood there.

"I wasn't done talking to you," Nathan frowned, when he realized I was in David's car. David simply smirked at Nathan.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I calmly told Nathan, a weak smile forming on my lips.

"Or not," David joked then sped off. Causing the door to slam on Nathan.

"I thought he was your friend?" I growled. Turning around in my chair to see if Nathan was okay as we sped off. Dirt going every where.

"Not anymore," David answered, staring straight ahead. "I told him not to talk to you."

"Well that's your bad," I stated.

"How?" He questioned, obviously annoyed that I would say that.

"When you tell someone not to do something, they automatically do the opposite," I answered like it was something he should have known already and that he was stupid for not knowing.

"Yeah, you would know all about that, huh track marks?" He teased.

"I don't suggest starting to be like Chelsea. She's already going to learn the hard way," I threatened through gritted teeth.

"What do you mean?" David spat, eying me down.

"There's only so much I can prevent. That's why it's best for people to knock their shit off and learn respect. That's all I can say," I whisper, staring out the window.

"If anything happens to Chelsea," David warned, at which I looked at him outraged.

"What? Huh? What will you do?" I questioned. "Exactly. You'd be afraid you're next."

"Stop acting like you're apart of some damn mafia," He snorted.

"Mas well be." I was barely audible that time around as I stared at the material on his door. "Why do you guys make fun of people anyways? Do you get some enjoyment from making other people miserable or something?"

"Why do you drugs?" He retorted.

"Big difference," I scolded.

"Not really. Both are an adrenaline rush, and deemed wrong," he corrected, a sly grin on his face.

"All seriousness, David. Please, quit with the drug talk about me at school. I don't want anything bad happening to you," I begged. As much as I hate David, I wouldn't want Conner finding out and sending his goons on David too. Who knows what is going to happen to Chelsea.

"Why is it that important?" He sighed, catching onto the desperateness from me. "Do you really hate being made fun of? Not that anyone likes it of course, but at least people pay attention to you now."

"You're so shallow, David! I don't want to be in any lime light. I don't give a fuck for people to pay attention to me, don't you get that? Just wait for tomorrow. You'll find out soon enough," I spat, then realized we were already parked in the drive way of his house. I got out, grabbed my bag and slammed the door. Thankfully I packed another shirt and pair of pants, along with under garments and such. Tonight would go by smoothly, David and I wont talk, we'll eat a good dinner then sleep.

Dreams don't last long enough. I thought when I woke up, got dressed and took a quick shower. David was eating breakfast down stairs, and so I joined him. Both of us dressed with a zip up sweater because of the unexpected clouds outside.

"Morning," he greeted, eating the last bite of his pop tart.

"Morning," I repeated. This meant it was just us here at his house this morning.

"I have to take you to school today," he groaned, a roll of his eyes visibly seen.

"Just drop me off at the corner," I informed, at which he laughed.

"You didn't have to tell me," he coldly spat, drinking the last of his milk. I finished my cereal and washed the bowl out. "That's what we have dishwashers for."

"Excuse me," I scoffed, drying the bowl and spoon then put them away.

"Come on," he growled, grabbing his bag and we both got inside his truck. The wind was slightly chilly, and goosebumps formed on my arms.

"What the hell?" I whispered as we pulled up to the school. An ambulance with it's lights still on was parked outside. Cops were holding all the students back, and soon the little hospital like bed was rolled out with cloth over what looked to be a body.

"Damn," David breathed, parking his truck. I wondered what happened, when it hit me. Chelsea. But, Connect wouldn't kill her. Would he? I hurried out of David's car and rushed towards Gabriella.

"What happened?" I asked, taking deep breaths.

"Chelsea was found beaten," Gaby answered, looking me up and down with disgust. "Happy?"

"Is she dead?" I dryly inquire, staring at Gaby without expression.

"No," she measly informed.

"Then it doesn't matter," I stalked off, listening to the reporters. They assumed it was a mugging because Chelsea's personal belongings were taken. I didn't know whether to think this was a great way to teach her a lesson, or to feel like I took things a bit far.

"Are you okay?" Nathan rushed over to me, examining my body.

"Duh." I pushed him away a little when his hands lingered on my arms for a bit too long.

"I just heard someone got mugged, didn't know-" He trailed off.

"It was Chelsea," I explained. At which he furrowed his brows.

"Why would anyone do something to Chelsea?!" One of the cheerleaders cried out.

"Maybe she wasn't mugged," Nathan quietly assumed. Stupid, stupid Nathan.

"Nathan, just do yourself a favor. Let it go." I weakly smiled, at which he sighed.

"Chelsea was nice to me though." He frowned.

"Doesn't matter." I patted his head then continued to walk.

"Are you still mad at me?" He quickly caught up to me. Watching as everyone looked around for David. Thank gosh, no more eyes on me. I turned to Nathan with a smile.

"No." I shrugged.

"So can we do them together?" He bit his lip.

"No," I repeated.

"But, Monique," he begged.

"Stop, Nathan. It's not healthy. Okay? Just leave it alone," I plead, glancing around.

"It's my decision," he growled.

"As it is mine to decide who does them with me or not." I pulled the same card he did, and he just smiled.

"I just wanted to see if you were a true friend or a pure pressurer," he sheepishly admitted, wrapping an arm around me.

"What?" I growled, pushing him away. "You were just messing with me?"

"Oh come on, Momo. It was funny." He smiled.

"Momo?" I dryly repeat, my nose squishing up in disgust. "Don't ever call me that again."

"Yes ma'am." He saluted me. "See you around."

"Yeah." I waved and we both went our separate ways. Momo? . Ugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D thank you so much for the comments. And what did you think about this chapter? Hmmm... Now I have to go to work lol peace.