Status: More Comments= More Chapters

I Wanna Feel Weightless

Chapter 1

***Carlin's P.O.V.***
I. grabbed the shit out of my locker that my two best friends Raquel, Cailin, and I shared. I looked around the empty hallways, grabbed my change of clothes and closed my locker. I pulled out my iPhone and changed the song that was playing to All Time Low's Break Out! Break Out!
I started to walk down the hallway to the auditorium. It would be empty right now, maybe our director James would be in there considering he always came about an hour before rehearsal started, but he wouldn't be surprised that I skipped last period to come to rehearsal early. This wasn't the first time I had done it.
Have you ever seen the show Glee? Well, I was in a glee club. No we didn't have a pregnant member (though I had tried to talk Cailin into the idea but she wouldn't have any of it) and No we weren't SO unpopular. We weren't cool but we weren't the bottom of the food chain. We were kind of nowhere or at least I was. See I was kind of punk rock and I loved to sing and I loved my Glee club so I was just a mutt of the Cliques and that's just the way I liked it. Oh and our Glee club didn't have a full band at every waking moment like the show. (I had also tried to make that happen by I had only gotten laughed at by the Jazz band.)
I walked into the auditorium and pulled down the hood to my fave All Time Low black hoodie. I closed the heavy door behind me. I loved coming here. It was sound proof and I could practice my music here without anyone hearing. That is except James, but I loved when he said things about my singing and guitar playing. Speaking of James he must be here because the house lights were off and the stage lights were on. Things were all set for rehearsal.
I dropped my shit in one of the empty seats but brought my change of clothing with me. I already had this routine down. I headed to the bathroom that was only really used by anyone in the music department. I made sure it was empty and I went into a stall.
I stripped off my Blink- 182 band shirt and threw on a black tank top and started to pull off my skinny jeans, which wasn't an easy thing to do in a small stall. I of course pulled such a Carlin move and pulled too hard on the legs of one of the jeans and fell. As I went down, my head banged on the door hinge.
"Shit." I muttered. I was bleeding. Eh, I had band- aids in my back pack I would fix myself up later.
I finished CAREFULLY peeling off my black skinny jeans and threw on my All Time Low 'Get Low' red booty shorts. This was my favorite rehearsal outfit. If you didn't realize all ready I am a HUGE All Time Low fan and I might have a really bad celebrity crush on Alex Gaskarth but we won't go into that.
I walked out of the bathroom and went back into the auditorium. I put a band-aid on my wound and grabbed my key to the storage room. James and I have a deal I can keep my guitar in the storage room and I can have a key IF I bring him Starbucks every chance I get.
I unlocked the storage room and went to get my very well hidden acoustic guitar that I had dropped off in the morning before school started. My guitar was the second most important possession under my iPhone that is.
Well, I dragged a stool on stage I sat down and started to play the most recent song I had taught myself 'Right Girl' by The Maine off of their new album Black and White.
I played and sang threw it. At the end James said, "Very pretty Carlin but aren't you suppose to be in class. Those advanced classes aren't going to ace themselves."
"Chem is easy." I said and I wasn't lying. Chemistry was easy for me and for Mr. O'Conner you don't even need to be in the class to pass he gives you all the work at home except the tests. All you get for skipping is a call home and even then the only one who cared at home was my older brother and he couldn't really ground me.
"Who is that?" I asked. I couldn't see anyone's faces because of the bright lights but I could see the outline of James standing and four... no wait... make that five... no SIX people sitting two of them being very tall.
"Just some friends." he said and before I could ask any more questions everyone from the club starting to pour into the room.
"Hey Carlin we missed you in chem." Morgan said whose arm was intertwined with Cailin's. Morgan had straight black hair and brown eyes while Cailin had wavy blonde hair and green eyes both were taller than my five two height.
"Yeah, you missed another prime opportunity to have that weird exchange student from Norway ask you out." Cailin added
"DAMN IT! Not again!" I said putting my guitar away sarcasm oozing from my words.
Bill and Nate came up to me on stage. "Nice Toy Story band- aid." Bill said
"Don't let the tits fool you she is really five years old." Morgan yelled as she too went out the door following Cailin to change.
I ignored that. "I like to think that it gives me character." I said
"Car, nothing needs to be added to your character. But how did you do it this time?" Nate asked
"Well... I was changing..." I said
"Skinny Jeans?" Bill asked
"Yepp" I answered. Me being a complete fucking klutz was not news to these people who were like my very weird dysfunctional family that I loved deeply.
"Speaking of skinny jeans I need to go get changed." Bill said and walked away taking the stool with him. Bill who also like me was into the rock scene as well as my other best friend Raquel who wasn't in the Glee club. I told you I move around.
Morgan, Cailin, and some of the other girls assembled on stage dressed and ready to rehearse.
"Okay while were waiting for everyone else how about we do our Alejandro number?" James said
I shrugged and ran off stage which for me meant yes.
"Carlin I fucking love you but you have to stop skipping classes." Brandon said as he walked into the auditorium. Brandon was tall-ish with blonde hair and blue eyes. He looked like an all American boy and he was my male lead (I was the female lead kind of like Rachel in Glee and Brandon being Finn) and we were really close. We acted like a couple when we were around each other but we weren't really.
"Ahhh mon Alejandro sexy, nous allons le faire!" I said. I spoke fluent French but only because my grandmother was French and if you wanted to go to France with her all expenses paid, you learned French. And alright, I'll admit it, I did show it off a little bit, I thought that it was the only interesting think about me, so I went with it.
"mmm I love it when you speak French." Brandon said
"Come on you horny bastard let's sing." I said and he hopped up onto the stage.
The crew closed the curtains and Brandon and I walked forward into an embrace. The curtains reopened.
"I know that we are young. And I know you may love me. But I just can't be with you like this anymore. Alejandro." I said to Brandon. There was a pause for music to come though before the singing started and Brandon used that opportunity to speak.
"Carlin your breath smells amazing What did you eat?" he asked
"Peanut Butter?" I said not knowing that I smelled that good. Brandon swooped me up and kissed me.
"Yum." he said and then broke off from the embrace. I started to sing and dance with the other girls. That was nothing. Brandon and I had had so many stage kisses it was almost as causal for us as a high five.
I was wearing socks while they on the other hand were wearing high heeled dancing shoes. We had tried that once with me but it ended up with a trip in the hospital for me. And one other person. Hey I'm not proud of it but what happens happens.
***Alex's P.O.V***
"This is really sick because I know she's only fifteen and we're twenty- two, but who really wants to be Alejandro right now." Jack said in a whisper. I felt the same way. This girl with dark hair, blue eyes, and amazing singing voice and the curse of curves could easily be twenty not fifteen.
"Do you want to be?" the man named James with the graying hair asked. "I could tell Brandon and you could go up and have fun."
"I fucking call it because my name is Alejandro." I said rolling the r way too much the girl who was suppost to be the girl singing in stage giggled.
"Do you think she'll mind." I asked worried the other girls were such bitches
"No she'll love it" the girl said I couldn't remember her name.
"Okay come on" James said He took me back stage and motioned to the boy named Brandon who danced his way off stage.
"Were going to let here have a go." James said
"Hey are you the guy from the band All Time Low who Carlin totally loves?" Brandon asked and I looked at Carlin. I noticed her 'Get Low' booty shorts and chuckled.
"Yeah I am." I said
***Carlin's P.O.V***
I was wondering where Brandon went off to but since I had been doing this for a long time now I knew to use improv.
Finally when it was come time to say
"Just stop. Please. Just let me go. Alejandro. Just let me go." I was in someone else's arms. I looked up and saw the man of my dreams. Literally. How was I going to improv though this?
I sang the words but my dancing was totally off. Oh well seeing as dancing was the one part of this I didn't like what with me being a klutzy freak I could live with that.
Hm, I was making full thoughts. I mentally patted myself on the back. Alexander William Gaskarth then grabbed me and started to dance and sing with me in a position for a waltz but we were really just jumping around. I figured as long as I was going crazy I might as well enjoy it.
I let the expression of shock drip off my face and I let a giggle escape. I danced with him and sang. Now everyone was just goofing off. Soon the song was over.
"SUPRISE!" James yelled coming on stage. I snapped out of my fairy tale land.
"What the fuck?!" I yelled I hated surprises.
"Okay everyone 15 minute break." James yelled and everyone scurried away. They saw I was about to get pissed and I did have a temper on me.
Cailin stayed. She was frozen in shock. Then I remembered, I was trying to turn Cailin onto good music and gotten her to be in LOVE with All Time Low, and let's just say that she freaked when she met celebs from tackling them to screaming she did the whole bit.
I went into panic mode. "James take Alex into the audience and is Alec here yet?" I asked and James shook his head. Crap Alec was Cailin's brother who worked in the crew and knew how to handle this but he went to a school in the next town over so he wasn't here. Raquel and I would have to take care of this. Raquel turned to me and nodded.
"OH MY GOD!!!!!!" Cailin screamed she had broken out of her trance. James hurried Alex off stage. Cailin started to run.
I caught her and put her over my shoulder considering she weighted under 100 pounds it wasn't that hard. Raquel grabbed her legs because she was kicking my back. We carried her back stage and handed her to Bill.
"We have to go lock her up somewhere." I said
"Wait why are you here?" I asked Raquel
"You'll see." She said and we walked back onto the stage, Alex and James were back on it.
"That was seriously fucking hilarious." Alex said and I looked at him in shock. He started to explain "Okay, so our manger wants us to have a girl icon and since our manager is related to James and he recommended for us to come up to Connecticut to come see you and I like you I don't know about our manager or the rest of the band but I like you." Alex said
"Oh my god." I said no more complete thoughts for me.
"We like her." The rest of the band said as they came on stage and another man who I guessed was there manager.
"Oh my god." I said again. Seeing three more totally hot guys were pushing me over the edge.
Here are the All Time Low members:
Jack Barakat: the guitarist who had black hair and was about 6'4
Zack Merrick: the bassist who had light brown hair and was ripped.
Rian Dawson: who was the drummer was the shortest he had a buzz cut and amazing teeth. Damn we already had lights put those things away.
and last but not least Alex Gaskarth: The lead singer/ rhythm guitarist who was just so sexy from his toes to the top bit of his brown side swooped hair.
"Now you would just sing a couple songs for a set and you would be on about half the album so it wouldn't be too much work and we can work something out with your school so you could tour." The manager said
"Oh my god." I said then I saw Raquel hiding behind James
"Were you in on this?" I asked
"Yeah, but not a lot. I just sat with them and told them shit about you. Areyoumadatme?" Raquel said the last bit in a rush.
"That depends" I said
"On?" she implied
"What you said" I answered.
"All good things don't worry." Rian said
"Then I fucking love you!" I said and ran to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"Okay one more thing," the manager said. "What would you say to the band staying with you for one night and one school day, just following you around to see if they could live with you on tour? What would your parents say?" the manager asked.
"They wouldn't care and yeah you can all fit into my house." I said
"And your principle said it was okay for the band to follow you around, he was starstucked and all they had to do was sign something for his daughter." the manager finished and the band nodded fiercely.
"How about you take the day off and get to know the band?" James asked.
"Okay." I said "Just let me change." I said
"Sure." Alex said
I changed in a hurry and grabbed all of my things.
"here let me get that" Alex said and took my guitar from me.
"Thanks" I said
"Raquel are you coming?" I asked Raquel always was over my house, sometimes when I wasn't even there and I knew she would love to be there now of all times considering All Time Low was also in her favorite band list.
"Do you have a car?" Alex asked.
"I'm fifteen." I answered.
"Right here we can all pile onto the van." Jack said We all went into a fifteen passenger van and I sat up front giving the manager directions to my house. I had just recently moved into the part of town with the bigger houses, which thankfully was in between where Cailin and Raquel lived.
"Damn you have a nice house." Jack said as we pulled up into my driveway. I could see my brother Kevin's brand new voltswagon so he must be home. My dad's car was also there. I was surprised he was here instead of at work.
"Thanks" I said
"What is your dad doing home?" Raquel asked. She and Cailin were some of the only people to know just how bad things were in my house.
"I have no idea." I said and we all piled out of the car. All time low's manager drove away. He would be dropping off the band's overnight bags later.
I unlocked the front door and called out "Daddy?" I heard my voice echo. I looked around the room. We still had boxes of un packed dishes that Kevin or I haven't gotten around to.
"I'm leaving I forgot a paper. your mother and I aren't going to be home for dinner." my dad said as he was walking to the door. My father had salt and pepper hair and had that Bluetooth glued to his ear he also had his suit on. Both of my parents worked in New York City and seeing how it was a forty five min. commute that must have been an important paper.
"Bye daddy love you!" I called after with no answer. He had just walked by the four Stanger boys in their twenties of whom I had brought home and didn't seem to care. I frowned.
It had gotten into an awkward silence.
"So let's go to my room?" I asked and everyone nodded.
"Carlin is that you?" Kevin asked calling from down the stairs. He was on the third floor which he had all to himself.
Here is how my new house goes:
Basement= entertainment room, bathroom,
first floor= living room bathroom, dining room, the grand foyer, and the kitchen
second floor= my parents room
third floor= my brother's room
fourth floor= my room
Our new house was huge it even had an elevator and each floor after the 1st one was a door since the whole floor was our rooms. if you chose to you had to put a key into the elevator or unlock the door if the person who's room was it chose to. But I hated it; it felt like a hotel not somewhere to live. I wanted our old house back. I wanted my old life back.
"Yeah I'm here I brought some friends with me including Raquel." I said
"When is she not here?" Kevin asked
"Love ya too Kev" Raquel said and Kevin appeared at the bottom of the stairs.
"Woah, you guys need to get out." Kevin said
Kevin was very very protective of me. For reasons I understood. My brother was a football player, he was the quarterback so he wasn't like those gorillas on TV but he did have a lot of muscle.
"Kevin can I talk to you in the kitchen? Raquel can you bring the boys to my room. Do you still have the key I gave you?" I asked
"yeah, come on boys." Raquel said and started up the stairs.
"You have an elevator?!?! Can we pleasepleaseplease" Jack said
"Umm sure." Raquel said
"Who are they?" Kevin asked
"Ya know All Time Low? The Band? well they want me to join their band, this is a once in a life time opportunity and they just want to get to know me. they'll be sleeping over I'll get the air mattresses and I'll unlock all of my doors. You know mom and dad won't care." I said and I used the puppy dog eyes.
"Okay fine but I will be just one floor down." he said I could tell he really didn't like the idea
"Iloveyoouiloveyouiloveyou!" I said and threw my arms around his neck. He kissed my forehead.
I ran up the stairs and unlocked my door and swung it open.
My room reflected me perfectly, it was my sanctuary I spent all my time in here. I had lime green walls with back accents, a hammock that Raquel and Jack were currently fighting over. My black desk had all of the latest MAC products from a computer to a laptop to the new iPad. My bed had a black wood frame and my bed spread said 'spooning leads to forking' that Alex was now laying on like it was his own home. I had my giant TV with hundreds of movies which Rian was checking out, my bathroom, and finally my fave part the music corner, with amps to guitars, to microphones which Zack was looking at. All together it was me in a nutshell.
"Snacks?" I asked while walking over to my mini fridge. I also had my own instant coffee maker too.
"Carlin Can I ask you a question." Jack asked
"Didn't give me a choice did you sunshine?" I said and smiled
"How can you have all of this amazing stuff and not be a spoiled bitch?" Jack asked ignoring my comment.
"JACK!" All three boys said at the same time.
"no, it's okay!" I said and laughed. "I'm going to tell the story." I said and turned to Raquel
"Then I need to pee" she said
They looked at me questioningly.
"Last year my sister Amy and I went back into New York City which is where I'm from we went to go to see a movie and then visit old friends. On our way to the subway station a man came and stabbed me right here" I said and put my hand right above my right hip bone.
"I screamed and fell to the ground. While I was on the ground he stepped on my leg breaking it. He then knocked out Amy and took her away. I tried to chase after them but you can't go too far with a broken leg. I had gotten to the hospital and I told someone what happened. All I have left is a scar from where he stabbed me. But Amy was found two days later he had raped and killed her." with a clear voice, I have told the story enough for me not to cry but everyone ran and pulled me into a hug.
"I am so sorry Carlin." Rian said and Alex nodded. "But that doesn't explain the stuff." Jack said
"I'm getting to that" I said "After Amy's funeral my parents threw themselves into their work. There now just emotionless robots with new huge paychecks. They haven't said I love you to me or Kevin since they found Amy's body. They think that instead of them being around they can just throw money at us, truth is I would trade it all back and then some just to have my parents back. Kevin took it a different way; he is now super protective of me. He always was since I was the youngest but we were all really close because there was only a year in-between each of us but I don't think he could stand to lose another sister." I said and took a deep breath. I wonder why I said so much I normally just tell the short version but I really trusted these guys.
I heard Raquel sob from inside the bathroom. I went over and knocked on the door. She opened it and hugged me.
"Every time?" I asked and she nodded. I laughed.
"I got snot on your shirt." Raquel said after she had calmed down
"It's okay I can change." I said
I went to my dresser got out a glamour kills t- shirt and took the one I was wearing off in front of everyone. They all started at me except Raquel.
"What?" I asked "I never got what was so bad about people seeing you in a bra; it covers just as much as a bikini." I said
"You can sing, play guitar, your okay with nudity what else can you do? Beat Jack in a drinking competition?" Alex asked
"I bet she could" Raquel said
"You would have one hell of a hangover little missy." Jack said and poked my nose.
"I don't get hangovers; I could drink all night and not get one." I said
"Marry me, now." Alex said and we all laughed.
Do you guys wanna watch a movie?" I asked
"YEAH! they all said
"go pick one out Raquel and I have homework to do." I said we grabbed our laptops and laid down n my bed which was gigantic it could have fit another person and just to prove it Alex laid down next to me.
Zack popped in my Taken DVD and the rest of the band sat on my black couch. I finished all my homework in record time and closed my laptop and stretched I laid my head down on the pillow and got into the ending of the movie.
The next thing I remember was Kevin shaking me awake. I opened my eyes to a glamour kills t-shirt I looked up and saw Alex face. Raquel was wrapped around my arm.
"Yo Carlin what do you want on your pizza?" Kevin asked
I started to get up but Raquel pulled me down. "Fuck you" she said I ignored that and climbed over Alex to get onto the floor. But I tripped and made a big noise and woke everyone up.
I laughed "Sorry, but Kev I can make dinner." I said
"No tomorrow night okay you do too much, be a kid for once?" Kevin said
"Fine, cheese" I said
"Is cheese good for everyone?" Kevin asked giving Alex the evil eye I guess he did not like the way I had fallen asleep.
"Yeah I guess" Rian said and everyone nodded.
Kevin nodded too and left the room. I yawned and lay back down on the bed Alex tried to get up.
"No, that was the best fucking nap I have had in a long time." I said and pushed him back down. "Your like the world's best teddy bear.
"Well I need to pee." Alex said
"Oh," I replied and I blushed he laughed.
The rest of the night went well, we ate pizza, and Raquel went home because her mom said she doesn't spend enough time with her, the boys got their overnight bags and eventually it was time for bed. I didn't know if my parents were home but we were loud and I'm sure they knew I had male company if they were in a mile radius.
We all got into our pajamas. For most of the band it was just boxers but Rian did wear flannel pants.
I blew up the air mattresses and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. I looked into the mirror; all I saw was a girl who was wearing a tank top and short shorts. Thick eye liner still rimming her eyes. She had brown hair with side bangs that had been straitened to a point and toothpaste was dripping down my mouth. I didn't see anything special so why did All Time Low want me? I was just an average singer.
I walked back into my room to find Alex in my bed.
"What do you think you're doing?" I asked
"Getting in bed care to join me?" he answered
"No you can share with Jack." I said
"But-"
"Hey Alex know each other for 24 hours before we get into bed together." I said this was different than the nap. Hey, I may think he's beautiful but I'm not a slut.
"Fine" He said and got out of the bed. I tried not to stare at his body.
"Rejected!" Jack said, no he screamed
I laughed but I felt bad now. I gave him a kissed on the cheek.
"Hey! I want one!" Jack said I went over and gave him a kiss on the cheek too.
"Anyone else want one while I'm up?" I asked
"Maybe in the morning." Zack said
I laughed and crawled into my bed.
Night." I said and turned off the light.
"GOODNIGHT CARLYKINS I LOVE YOU" Jack screamed I guess I had a new nickname.
I giggled and Alex hit him with a pillow.
"HEY!" Jack said
"Don't make me come over there." Rian said and they shut up
I fell asleep quickly thinking about what tomorrow would be like.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story this was posted once before but I never updated so I'm starting off fresh!