Status: More Comments= More Chapters

I Wanna Feel Weightless

Chapter 2

"The words are coming I feel terrible is it typical for us to end like this?" Derek Saunders sang from my surround sound speakers that were connected to my computer. This was basically my alarm.

"Make it stop make it stop!" Jack yelled I yawned and walked out of my bed turning the music down a little bit. I walked over to my instant coffee maker and set it up. I would be making five cups of coffee.

"Time to wake up." I said

"Are you fucking kidding me it's six in the morning?" Alex moaned.

"School starts at seven." I said

"Oh well, shit." He mumbled

Rian got up no questions asked but he didn't seem to like it. My coffee was done. I added sugar and a little bit of milk and I put another cup on.

I took a sip of coffee and I grabbed a set of clothing and went into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and gulped down the rest of my coffee. I looked in the mirror. I had bed head. Bad. I took off my clothing and hopped into the shower letting the hot water run on my shoulders. I thanked the gods of hair conditioner and got out of the shower.

I dried off and got dressed in skinnies and a cool shirt I had found at forever 21. I couldn't find my brush so I went outside to look on my desk I found it.

"Your hair is curly?" Alex asked noticing my still wet hair that was in fact curling.

"Yeah, I think it gets annoying so on most days I straighten it." I said

"I like it curly, leave it like that its pretty." He said

"Thank you." I said and blushed going back into the bathroom.

I blew my hair dry and straightened my bangs. I applied eyeliner and my cherry red lipstick and walked out of the bathroom for someone else to use.

"Damn you are faster than Alex." Jack said as I stepped though the door.

Alex shook his head and walked into the bathroom. I packed all my shit into my backpack and went on my home computer. I logged onto Facebook. I had loads of messages. All of them were from my punk rock friends and all of them went a little something like this.

OMG is All Time Low at you house that fucking rocks!

I sighed and deleted them. I did have a message from Brittany. It said:

I'm coming over today. Alright? Alright.

I giggled at that. Brittany was my Best Friend since the third grade. She went to the private high school now but we lived across from each other since my family moved.

I toyed around on the computer when Alex finally came out of that bathroom. Thank god Kev let Zack and Rian use his bathroom or else we were going to be late. Kevin and Zack were starting to become friends I guess it was the talk of sports.

I ran down the stairs with All Time Low in tote.

"Coffee is up." Kevin said motioning to the five portable coffee mugs that he had prepared

"Thanks man." Alex said

I grabbed a granola bar and the boys did the same.

"Come on were going to be late." I said and walked out the door.

"Ugh this is way too early." Jack said

We all ignored him and piled into the car. Kevin drove, I sat in the passenger seat, and Alex, Zack, and Rian was in the back with Jack sitting on Alex's lap.

"Ouch dude, important stuff down there." Alex said

Jack leaned forward to me. "It's not that impressive. Trust me." He said and I giggled. Alex shook his head.

My school was a large brick building. It was really just like any other public high school. We had just enough time to head to my locker and meet up with Raquel for our first class. Kevin went his way and we went ours.

"Hey guys." Raquel said and closed the locker after I gave her my jacket.

"Hola Raquel." Rian said

"¿Hola como estas estrella de rock cómo fue tu noche?" she said back

"Umm I took French in high school…" Rian said back.

"Quelle hoľa Star Rock était comment votre nuit?" I said in French.

"Let me put this a different way. I almost FAILED French in high school" Rian said and I laughed

"I asked if you had a good night." Raquel said

"Well then yes I did." Rian said we all laughed.

"Hi." I heard someone said and I turned around. I saw Cailin and I tensed up.

"Carlin, I'm fine, sorry for freaking out like that, I get a little excited." Cailin said

Jack went over and hugged her. "I do too!" he said and we all laughed. Then the bell rung.

"Time for math." Raquel said

"WOOOO!" we screamed and kids turned to look at us. We smiled and waved.

"Bye Cailin have fun in health." I said and we walked away.

"You guys like math?" Alex asked

"No but our teacher is awesome to make fun of. He really needs a shower." I said and I laughed.

"Were gonna pull on axe commercial on him. Like jump from the third floor with a bucket of water and some shampoo" Raquel said and everyone else laughed too.

We walked up to the second floor and waited at the door.

"Hey guys." Ben said and he walked up to us.

"Hey Ben." I said the same time Raquel said "Hey Dan."

"Do you guys do that every time?" Dan asked

"Yes." We said at the same time. Raquel and I were super close like peanut butter and jelly.

Alex and Jack laughed.

"Who are they?" Ben asked

"This is Jack, Alex, Zack, and Rian. There my own personal stalkers." I said

"Well I think you guys are going to have some companion." Dan said and he pointed to Vlad who was spying on us.

"UGH!" I said "that guy needs to stop and if he does ask me out I can never say no!"

"I think I'll need to remember that one." Alex said poking at my stomach and I giggled.

Mr. Geno opened the door as greasy as ever. "Well hello to our guests. Pop Quiz just for the occasion." He said

I shot the boys a look. We all sat down in the back, the principle had put extra desks in all of my classrooms for the boys.

Mr. Geno handed out the quizzes. I saw Alex look over my shoulder.

"Damn." Alex mumbled. I shook my head and finished the quiz and handed it in.

I felt my phone vibrate.

Well that was easy. –Raquel

Yeah wht up with mr. G? –Carlin

IDK but I'm loving it. -Rauqel

I then got a text message from an unknown number, I read it.

OMG I just got a text from Alex –Carlin

Here you focus on that I'll go –Raquel

KK- Carlin

I then went to read the text from Alex.

Hey Carlin, it's Alex –Alex

How did you get this number? –Carlin

I may have stolen it off of your phone. Maybe. –Alex

Hm well I don't know how to feel about that. –Carlin

Well you should feel better than that killer quiz you just took. –Alex

It wasn't THAT bad… -Carlin

Um , yeah it was are you some kind of wizard? –Alex

No, I just study. –Carlin

Why are you so mature? You're only fifteen –Alex

"Okay so let's talk about triangles!" Mr. Geo said I sighed and put my phone away, I wasn't ready to answer that question.

The rest of the morning was pretty normal I went to classes, the boys followed me around stared at me like I was a freak when I got the answer right.

My next two periods were English and then lunch. After that I had three more classes and the day was over. I had devised a plan in my head for what we were going to do for fun after school.

I walked into my English class and groaned. On the board was the word poetry. It was written in all caps and underlined four times.

"What?" Alex asked

"I hate poetry. English is my worst class." I said

"Well what about that whole book of lyrics in your room?" Jack asked

"You looked in my song book?" I said

"Yeah, sorry I get curious, they were really good though." Jack said

"Ugh!" I said and plopped down in my chair.

"Jeez Jack, you're a fucking creeper." Zack said

"I SAID SORRY!" Jack yelled and a few heads turned. Some people noticed who they were but no one came up.

"If you write lyrics then why is poetry so hard?" Alex asked

"Well, poetry has all these rules and restrictions, while lyrics I do for fun and they can be anything with NO rules. Like not ALL of it has to rhyme." I said

"Alright I see where you're coming from. But I am kick ass at poetry so do you want me to cheat for you." Alex asked

"PleasePleasePlease!" I said and clapped my hands together.

"Alright." Alex said

English class went smoothly and my teacher Mrs. Kassam complemented my poem. Alex gave me a high five under the desk.

"Food time?" Jack asked

"Food Time." I said back

"YAY!" Jack said and ran down the hallway.

"Other way Jack." I said and he turned around.

We met up with Raquel, Bill, Nate, Cailin, and Brandon

"Hey hotties, what the hell are you doing with her? Are you new or something?" A high pitched voice said I turned around and saw the devil.

Meet Amber Jones. She's the queen bee and has hated me ever since, ever there wasn't a time when she didn't hate me. Blonde hair tits the size of my head and so much make up it put my eye liner and lipstick to shame. Behind her were her little clones Ashley and Crystal. How cliché right? Like right out of a fucking movie.

"Excuse me?" I said

"You heard me bitch now move." She said pushing me over and standing next to Alex while holding his arm.

"Now take you and your loser friends and you boys can stay with us. You two Brandon." Amber said

No one NO ONE talks to my friends like that. I dropped my book bag on the floor.

"Listen you little skank. I'm sure Alex doesn't want your STDs so how about you go give them to all of you other booty calls oh and while you're doing that go get another nose job, your last one makes you look like a circus clown." I said

"Dude, should we stop her?" Rian asked Brandon.

"No way man this is the best part!" Brandon said he knew about my temper.

"You did not! You know what I wish that guy kill you instead of Amy at least she wasn't a freak." Amber said back.

"That's way too far." I heard Raquel say. "Hold my earrings." Oh she got the ghetto girl out.

"Yah know what sometimes I wish that too but then I realize I'd rather be me than someone like you hoe." I said Time to use the secret weapon. I put my hands down her shirt and pulled out these gel things that she uses to make her boobs look bigger.

I know this was probably a little too far but I gently patted her cheek with them and said "you poor little slut." I turned around and walked away.

"Ugh you bitch." She said and ran toward me. I turn around just in time so that she wouldn't scratch the shit out of my face just my neck. I pulled my fist back and punched her. Not hard enough to break her nose but enough so that she would have a nice bruise to cover up with pounds of makeup.

She then ran off. I knew she wasn't going to tell anyone. This school was big and a little cat fight wasn't news. Plus the camera's showed that she threw the first scratch and self defense was okay, so I wouldn't get in trouble. I was okay.

I shook my hand grabbed my book bag off the floor.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

"Damn your hard core." Jack said

"Yeah well she went too far she deserved it" I said

"Let's go to lunch." I said

"Carlin you're bleeding." Alex said

I reached up to where Amber had scratched me and sure enough when I pulled my hand back there was blood.

"Oh." I said and reached into my back pack for my first aid kit.

"Why do you carry around a first aid kit?" Rian asked

"I'm a little klutzy." I said

"A little? She has sent herself to the hospital so many times I can't count and she's sent me twice." Brandon said

"I said I was sorry and it's really James's fault for making me wear stilettos." I said

"Yeah I lifted her up during a number but she tripped on the jump sending the heel of the stiletto down my arm." Brandon explained. The band flinched

"And that's why I wear converse." I said

"Anyway. I said and got out the disinfectant spray. It was a tiny pump bottle so it would take awhile. I sprayed it a little but then dropped it.

"Fuck my mother that stings." I said and Jack chuckled. "Can someone else do this for me?" I asked. Alex grabbed the spray bottle and started spraying. I said a few more curse words and then we were off to lunch.

I ordered some fries and a soda and sat down at our table. Our table was filled with people who didn't really like the clique system just like me. We all listened to different music, wore different clothing but we were all friends.

"Dana is that a new coach purse?" I asked

"Why yes it is, is that a new set of hot guys what happened to the last ones?" she asked jokingly.

"You're cheating on us?" Jack asked looking hurt. We all laughed.

"Anyway who are you guys, and Car where did you pick them up?" Dana asked

"Don't you recognize them? There the band that Carlin doesn't stop listening or talking about for that matter. Just look at her phone." Morgan said grabbing my phone. She went to the pictures app where I kept all my All Time Low pictures.

"Morgan stop!" I said taking back my phone.

"So, you're a hard core fan…" Alex said smiling.

"Fine yes, I'm a hustler, I follow all of you on twitter and in case you didn't notice I have about 10 posters of you on my walls." I said

"Eleven." Zack said and laughed. I blushed as much as a pale Irish girl can and I'll tell you that's a whole fucking lot.

The rest of lunch we all chatted and laughed like we were lifelong friends. By the time the bell had rung we all didn't want to go to class. I had gym, which I hated but at least I didn't have to play any sports. Since I kept on hurting people the gym teacher just let me run on the treadmill for an hour.

I went into the locker room to change and put my hair up while the boys waited outside for me. I walked outside and met them at the door to the room with all of the weight room. I turned on the treadmill and started to run.

We all chatted about really nothing, like what it was like on tour and how the songs were coming for the next record. I kept having to tell myself that this wasn't final that this wasn't final they could still change their minds about all of this. I couldn't get my hopes up.

The rest of the school day passed the same way, we had health next and luckily (not) we were on the sex unit and Jack chuckled at almost everything my teacher said.

Chem went by quickly and by the time the final bell rung I was ready to get the hell out of here I had a really fun afternoon planed.

***Alex's P.O.V***

Jack and I had to pee so Zack and Rian joined us in the bathroom leaving Carlin at the door to her Chem room talking to her friend named Morgan. I can't remember the last time I had remembered so many names.

When we got into the bathroom I asked the guys, "So what do you think about Carlin?"

"I really like her." Zack said

"She's fucking awesome I think we found a keeper." Jack said

"I like her but I think that you like her a little too much." Rian said

"What do you mean man?" I asked

"Dude, you're twenty- two and she's fifteen. It's Illegal." Rian said

"True. But man she doesn't look fifteen, she looks twenty." Jack said

"Thanks captain obvious. But really don't worry." I said. I should really be the one worrying.

***Carlin's P.O.V***

"Hey Carlin." I heard someone say. I turned around. Crap it was Vlad he had snuck up on me.

"Um Hi Vlad." I said taking a step back he was just standing so close to me.

"See, I was wondering if you wanted to see a movie sometime." He said. I hated when guys said 'sometime' you can't say oh I'm busy then because they didn't give you a real date.

"Mum…" I said I knew that I couldn't say no. ugh!

"She's actually going to be busy with me." Alex said and took my hand giving the illation that we were together.

"Oh… okay." Vlad said and walked away.

"Dude, I think I love you!" I said and hugged him

"Sorry!" I said jumping back.

"No problem." He said laughing.

"Now let's go back to my place we'll chill and then we'll have a night out on the townnnnnn!" I said

"Woah! Slow down there party girl!" Jack said
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you liking this? I would love some comments/ subscribers! I love feedback!