Status: Active.

Weakness

06/06

When Amelia woke up the next morning, she was alone. The other side of the bed was cold which indicated that it had been empty for a while. Part of her had expected this to happen but there was still a small part of her that hoped that Klaus would have stayed. So when Amelia didn’t see him by her side or find him around the house, she closed herself off before the disappointment could become too overwhelming.

It was then that she realized that her time in Mystic Falls was up. She had no reason to stay or, at least, she no longer believed that she did. Amelia hoped that one day, she and Klaus would have been able to pick up where they left off and despite the previous night’s activities, it seemed unlikely they would. Klaus was much too cold towards her now, more heartless than he had been, and it drained Amelia of the hope she carried for so long.

Amelia decided that if she was going to leave then she was going to leave that very day before she changed her mind. So once she was ready for the day, she left the house to have one final drink at the Grill before leaving town.

“Ugh, you’re still here? I thought you would’ve been gone by no with your hybrid boyfriend,” Damon Salvatore grumbled when Amelia sat down at the bar.

She rolled her eyes before ordering a glass of Scotch then said to him, “Not that it’s any of your concern, but I’m leaving today. So that leaves you to fend for yourself against Klaus.”

“Aw, what happened? He doesn’t love you anymore?” Damon asked with fake sympathy before adding, “Big shock there.”

Amelia lifted her glass to her lips as she replied, “Where’s Elena, Damon? Off with Stefan, I assume.” she glanced over at Damon as she took a sip of her drink and found him furrowing his eyebrows, his jaw and hands clenched. “It must suck, huh? To know that no matter what you do for her, she will always choose Stefan.”

Damon glared at Amelia which caused the corner of her lips to twitch into a small smirk as she lifted her glass. “You know what’s a great way to forget about them?” Amelia glanced at Damon, her eyebrows perked indicating that he had her attention. “Hot angry sex,” Damon said in a seductive tone.

His words made Amelia choke because she wasn’t expecting him to say that so she brought her hand to her mouth in order to prevent herself from spitting out her drink in front of her. She was going to object once she regained her composure but was unable to when a voice from behind the pair asked, “Damon, don’t you ever get tired of going after another man’s girl?”

“I’m not anyone’s girl,” Amelia said before she took another sip of her drink then turned around to look at Klaus, “if I remember correctly, I woke up alone this morning.”

Klaus stood there with his hands clasped together behind his back, a small smirk playing on his face as he met Amelia’s gaze. He could tell that she was not pleased with him, the aggravation clear in her eyes but regardless, he said, “Amelia, a word outside if you don’t mind.”

She raised an eyebrow, confused about why he would want to speak with her privately but curious nonetheless. So she finished the rest of her Scotch in one quick swig then followed Klaus outside. The two walked in silence until they reached an alleyway where no one would bother them. Then when they came to a halt, Amelia turned to face Klaus and said, “Okay, you wanted to talk so talk.”

Klaus let out a deep breath. There was a lot that he wanted to say but he was just unsure of how to go about it. He wasn’t one to express how he felt. Hell, he wasn’t one to feel a damn thing, it wasn’t in his nature. It was time that he was honest with not only Amelia but himself as well. After a moment’s silence, he finally spoke, “I left this morning because I needed to get my affairs in order.”

“Affairs? What affairs?” Amelia questioning, ignoring Klaus’ glare for interrupting him.

“I’m leaving town,” he began and Amelia felt a painful tug at her heart, “and I needed to make sure that my hybrids knew what I expected of them while I’m gone. You know, make sure to keep an eye on Elena to ensure her safety so I can get more blood from her when needed which speaking of her blood, I needed to make sure I had enough of it with me. I mean, I’m no where near finished making hybrids but that’s not what I’m hear to talk about... I want you to come with me.”

It felt as if Amelia’s heart sank into her stomach at his words. She was in shock, unsure if she heard him correctly, so she whispered, “You what?”

“You were right. About everything. My feelings towards you and if either of us are gonna leave this bloody town, we might as well leave together. Besides, I think we make a heck of a team,” Klaus smirked.

Amelia had waited centuries for this, for her and Klaus to be together and it was happening. Klaus was finally making it happen after all this time and all Amelia could do was press her lips against his. When their lips met, Klaus placed his hands on her waist and brought Amelia closer to him as she took his face in her hands.

They remained as one for a short time when Amelia pulled away. Something that Klaus had said was not agreeing with her so she told him, “You know that I’ll go with you but I don’t approve of you using Elena as your human blood bag to create more hybrids. It’s a little repulsive even for a vampire.”

“I’m sure you’ll disapprove of me doing a lot of things, love,” Klaus replied smirking.

Before Amelia could have a chance to retort, Klaus closed what little gap there was between them and collided his lips into hers. After spending centuries apart, they were finally together as one.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.

I'll go through it and fix any grammatical errors tomorrow because I'm too tired to do it tonight. But I hope you enjoyed it. I'm currently working on a Matt Donovan story. Well, not really working on it but I've started it and it'll get posted eventually. If you're interested in knowing when it'll be up, let me know so I can let you know!

Anyways, that is all. Goodnight. Enjoy.