Player of Hearts

Player Of Hearts, Keeper Of Dreams

“And when did I agree to this?”

“Five minutes ago, now c’mon.” Avalee grabbed her arm and pulled Tessa next to her, following Victor.

"But see I believe I don't want to be chopped up into little pieces and thrown into the river so if you wouldn't mind agreeing with me," Tessa stopped and patted Avalee's shoulder. "We'll walk."

"What's one ride going to hurt?"

"Speaks the girl that won't even go to the tanning salon out of fear she'll get cancer," Tessa rolled her eyes as Victor watched in amusement with his cigarette balancing on his lips, ready to be taken away so he could blow the smoke out.

"It's a fact that those things are dangerous," Avalee stated as she pointed at Tessa. "Come on Tess, please?"

"If and when I die, I'm haunting your ass."

"Well, I love you too," Avalee stated with sarcasm dripping off every syllable, she smiled at Tessa and then to Victor. "Where is your car?"

"Over here," Victor said as he blew the smoke from his lungs through his nose. "Black and red one."

"Mustang? Nice," Tessa smiled as she walked to the car and ran her hand up and down the side. "What year?"

"'66' model," he said as he opened the passenger door, gesturing for us to climb in. "The boys will follow us in the one behind us," he pointed to the red mustang behind his car that had red fire up the side. "Avalee you're up front with me."

"Well I'll be booted," Tessa sighed as she climbed in the back. "Although it's very comfy back here, me like."

"She's very strange but she's really sane, I promise," Avalee explained as she waited for Victor to push the seat back, then she sat down in the seat.

"I'll take your word for it," he smirked making Avalee blush and looked down to her lap, which made him smirk even wider in accomplishment.

“So who are these guys that are following us?” Tess asked, putting emphasis on ‘guys’.

“Brandon, Mark, and Jacob.” Victor nodded as he revved the engine and pulled out of the school parking lot.

“And they would be?” Tessa continued.

“Brandon Carty, Mark Sanders, and Jacob Foxx.” Vic sighed at Tessa’s curiosity.

“Never heard of any on ‘em.” Tessa shook her head. “Ava?”

“No, me neither.” I added.

"They don't come to our school," Victor explained as he looked at Avalee and smiled. "They are way too old for the shit we put up with."

"Oh," Avalee and Tessa mumbled under their breath as they looked out the window.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Uh," Avalee turned in her seat and looked at Tessa who have her the home you fucker look, but Avalee ignored it. "Ever seen the Brooklyn Bridge Tess?"

"No and I don't plan too."

"Maybe you should," Victor smiled as he looked in the rear view mirror. "Listen Tessa, I'm not going to kill you, if I wanted to do that don't you think I would have done that four years ago?"

"You got a point," she mumbled as she looked at him. "Take us to the Brooklyn Bridge or wherever, I don't care."

"All I have to look forward to is going home and getting in trouble by my brother for getting detention so…take me wherever," Avalee murmured as she shifted her bag to underneath her legs.

"Then I guess you're with us kid," Victor glanced over and smirked at Avalee. "We'll skip the Brooklyn Bridge for today and go straight to Time Square."

"We can't get there with a car, it's like rush hour all the time!" Tessa said in surprise as she leaned up.

"Tessa, I didn't say anything about driving," he smirked as he looked over at Avalee.

-----Twenty Minutes Later-----

"This is weird," Tessa explained as she walked beside Avalee who was beside Victor, who had his arm around Avalee's shoulder as he smoked, yet another cigarette.

"What's weird?" Victor blew out the smoke as he turned to Tessa while leaning down.

"People are scared shitless of you and the guys who look like…a gang," Tessa mumbled.

“We’re not a gang!” One of them protested, running in between Tess and I. “We’re just… Delinquents.”

“Still…” Tess sighed.

“Awww, lighten up!” He grinned at Tessa and took out a cigarette, holding it out her.

“Wanna smoke?”

“Um, no thanks.” She shook her head, pushing it away.

“C’mon, live a little!” He held it to her face. Tess looked at Avalee, reluctantly took it from the man, and put it between her lips. He then took out a lighter and lit it up for her, looking at me. “You want one, too?”

"No thank you," she said as she shook her head, Victor glared at the boy before he pulled Avalee closer.

"What man?" the man asked as he tilted his head at Victor, wondering why he got the look he received.

"She doesn't smoke," Victor murmured as he took the cigarette from his mouth and threw it to the ground. "So don't ask again."

"Alright," the man sighed as he leaned against Tessa, putting his arm around her shoulders. "What's you're name baby?"

"Tessa Dangers," Tessa mumbled under her breath as she glanced at Avalee, who was too busy blushing from Victor's tight hold around her waist to look away from the ground. "Ava!"

"What?" Avalee's head snapped up as she glanced at her friend in worry, only to find her grinning. "What…"

"Nothing," Tessa grinned as she looked away from Avalee with the cigarette hanging from her lips. "Nothing at all…"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments appreciated!

Montana -McLovin helped write this awesome story!