Wish

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

It was late at night and Suhki and Abu were asleep. Genie had gone to hunt down Aladdin since he still had his lamp and snuck in while him and Jasmine were returning home.

All of a sudden Abu was grabbed and tied up in a net. Suhki was a grabbed and she tried to get free but soon Jafar appeared before her.

“Another street rat, I see. You’re the one that hangs around with that other street rat, Tiger Eyes I believe you are called, but what are you doing here with Prince Abooboo?” he asked circling her.

“I was hired to watch his elephant while he was here,” she said as a cover up.

“Oh really? Well it seems your services won’t be needed anymore,” said Jafar, “but I can make use of you. You see you are close to the street rat and he will do anything for you. You will be my bait. Let her go.”

She was set free and Jafar grabbed her upper arm and dragged her into the palace. There they ran into the Sultan and he joined Jafar, and in a trance like state led the way to Jasmine’s room. Suhki was being dragged along, confused as to why she actually was there.

The Sultan went in first before Jafar made his entrance.

“You’re speechless I see, a fine quality in a wife,” said Jafar as he walked further into the room. He released Suhki once he as in and she sunk over to the wall.

“Sexist,” muttered Suhki to herself.

“I will never marry you! Father I choose Prince Ali,” said Jasmine pleading to her father.

“Prince Ali left,” said Jafar nonchalantly.

“You better check your crystal ball again Jafar,” came a voice from the side of the room. Everyone looked at and there was Prince Ali himself, well, Aladdin.

“Prince Ali!” exclaimed Jasmine rushing towards him.

“How in the heck- I mean, ewrak!” said Eyago, Jafar’s side kick. Suhki didn’t know why he pretended her couldn’t talke. Some parrots could.

“You tell them the truth Jafar. You tried to have me killed,” said Aladdin getting into Jafar’s face.

“What? Ridiculous, nonsense, your highness. He is obviously lying,” said Jafar holding his cobra cane up to the Sultan.

“Obviously lying,” muttered the Sultan still in a trance.

“Father, what’s wrong with you?” asked Jasmine looking at her father in hopes of finding the problem.

“I know what’s wrong!” said Aladdin and he grabbed Jafar’s cane and smashed the head of it, realising the Sultan from Jafar’s hold.

“Oooh my,” said the Sultan going back to his usual self.

“Your highness, Jafar’s been controlling you with this,” said Aladdin holding out the now broken cane.

“What? Jafar, You traitor! Guards! Guards!” said the Sultan as the three of them approached Jafar and he backed away.

“That’s it, we’re dead. Just dig a grave for both of us, we’re dead,” said Eyago as two guards grabbed him.

“We are not done yet boy,” said Jafar who took a vial out with a red coloured liquid inside and threw it to the ground. Red mist rose in the air and when it dissipated, Jafar was gone.

“Search everywhere!” ordered the Sultan and the two guards took off.

“Jasmine are you okay?” Aladdin asked her. She smiled and hugged him before watching her father.

“Jafar my most trusted councillor. Plotting against me all this time. This is horrible, just horrible. How will I ever…can this be true? Has my daughter finally chosen a suitor.” The Sultan turned towards his daughter and she happily nodded her head.

“Ah praise Ala! I could kiss you,” he said grabbing Aladdin then stepping back, “but I won’t, I’ll leave that to my… but you two will be wed at once and yes, yes you’ll be happy and prosperous and then my boy you will become sultan!” He began rambling and was headed towards the door to start planning already.

“Sultan?” asked Aladdin to himself finally realizing what he was getting himself into.

“Yes a fine young man of impeccable character is actually what this country needs,” he said and was just at the doorway when he spotted Suhki by the wall. “Oh, who is this?”

“Jafar dragged me in here, still not quite sure why.”

“Suhki?” asked Aladdin shocked she had gotten into the palace.

“Yes, Prince Ali?” she asked making sure to keep the cover.

“You know her?” asked Jasmine confused.

“Yes,” he said pausing, trying to think of why he would know her.

“He hired me to look after his elephant,” sighed Suhki. Aladdin silently thanked her with his eyes.

“That’s right, he’s still okay right?” he asked.

“Last I know, Jafar had him tied up in a net as he grabbed us.”

“Oh no,” he said, “let’s go get him.” He then turned to Jasmine, “I must go.”

“Of course,” she said. Aladdin than grabbed Suhki’s hand and they ran to the balcony and jumped onto Carpet and he flew them over to Abu. He was still tied up. Together Suhki and Aladdin took out the guards and released Abu. He stretched and looked at both of them.

“Everything is okay, Abu,” Suhki said patting his trunk, “come on. I’ll peel a whole bunch of banana’s for you.” He was about to quickly head back to where they were before when Jasmine came running out of the palace towards them.

“Wait!” she exclaimed and they stopped and watched her.

“My father wants you to your friends to stay in out guest house,” she said smiling then looking at Suhki and Abu.

“Really? All of us?” he asked looking back at Suhki and Abu before turning back to her, “I mean an elephant inside…”

“Yes, all of you. Come with me,” she said smiling and leading the way to the guest house. They walked in and Suhki was in awe. She felt the grounds were quite beautiful but this guest house was amazing as well.

“Thank you so much,” said Aladdin pausing with Jasmine by the entrance.

“It’s not problem. But remember tomorrow my father is making our wedding announcement,” she said. He paled and nodded.

“R-right,” he stuttered. She smiled before turning towards Suhki.

“Suhki, right?” she asked. Suhki turned around. She was making sure Abu was comfortable before her name was called by the princess.

“Yes, princess,” she said.

“Please no formalities. Call me Jasmine,” she said.

“Okay. Yes jasmine?” she corrected.

“Would you like to come with me. I can get you a nice bath and some clothes that aren’t so dirty,” she said. Suhki looked down at herself.

“But these are new,” said Suhki looking back up at the princess. Both Aladdin and Jasmine laughed. Aladdin walked over to her and put a hand on each shoulder.

“Go with her. It will be fun, you can do girl stuff,” he said smiling. Suhki was hesitant before Aladdin gave her a shove towards Jasmine. Suhki glared at him before following the princess towards the palace.

“Do you know him well?” Jasmine asked.

“What do you mean? I am only here to take care of his elephant,” Suhki said making sure not to ruin Aladdin’s cover.

“I know that is just a cover. You two are close, like best friends. Am I right?” Jasmine asked smiling gently at her.

“Yes, we’ve known each other for years now,” replied Suhki. They had now made their way into the princess’ room and Jasmine led her over to a closet.

“Who’s been with him longer, you or Abu?” she asked opening the closet door.

“You know Abu?” Suhki asked shocked.

“Yes, he’s a funny monkey.”

“Oh, well Abu’s been with him longer. Probably since he first became a street rat. I met him about a year after he was a street rat,” she explained then took a glance at the closet, “impressive, even for a princess,” she commented.

“I hardly wear any of those fancy things. You can pick anything you want out to wear.”

“Really? Anything? There isn’t one thing in here you like.”

“Um, just pick and I’ll tell you.”

“Fair enough.”

Suhki walked in and looked around to see the different garments. There were all colours and styles and Suhki was slightly overwhelmed. Jasmine watched her and laughed before walking in and next to her.

“Let me help you, I think a dark blue will good with your colouring,” she said pulling out a dark blue outfit. The pants were the same as Jasmine’s but the top looked like the top of a sari.

“Oh thanks,” said Suhki.

“You can change in here then come out when you’re done,” said Jasmine and she left the closet and closed the door. Suhki changed into the new clothes and looked at herself. These were the fanciest clothes she’d ever worn, and it was going to take some time getting use to it. She walked out shyly and walked over to where Jasmine was sitting.

“What should I do with my old clothes?” she asked holding up the dirty clothes.

“I’ll take them,” said Jasmine and she threw them into a bin, “well that looks much better. What do you think?”

“Er, I feel slightly weird. I mean I look,” she paused and turned to look in the mirror. Jasmine came and stood beside her and Suhki went back and forth between the images, “I look like a princess.”

“I agree, you look great,” she said smiling at her.

“But you’re the princess. I’m just a street rat,” said Suhki turning to Jasmine.

“Just accept the gift, okay? Any friend of Prince Ali is my friend.”

Suhki sighed. She wasn’t a friend of Prince Ali, she was his elephant trainer. She was only friends with Aladdin, but he was long gone.

“You look tired, you should get some sleep. Go and I’ll expect you tomorrow to be at my father’s announcement. I want to share that moment with all of Ali’s friends,” she said smiling.

“Sure, I’ll be there,” said Suhki not quite as happy as Jasmine.

“Great,” said Jasmine smiling before hugging Suhki. Which shocked her and she froze. “Suhki, would you mind if we be friends. I’ve never really had any before, and I like you.”

“Um, sure,” said Suhki as Jasmine let go.

“Thank you, I can tell we’ll be the best of friends. Well good night,” she said. Suhki nodded and quickly left back to the guest house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, reviews are welcomed.

-Charlotte