Wish

Chapter Five

Chapter Five

“Well that was weird. I guess that is one lonely princess, either that or she really does have a thing for street rats,” muttered Suhki as she walked up the steps to the guest house and inside. Everyone was already asleep so she didn’t light any lights, just used the moonlight to find her way to her bed.

“Jasmine?” came Aladdin’s voice next to her. Suhki turned around and saw him sitting up in bed.

“No, Suhki,” she replied rolling her eyes.

“Suhki? Nice outfit,” he said smiling, “did Jasmine pick it out for you?” Suhki just nodded.

“Isn’t she great?” he asked getting up and walking over to her and sitting down next to her.

“Sure,” she replied.

“I mean letting us stay in here is great. Let’s hope it lasts,” he said and Suhki’s head shot up at that and she looked at him.

“What do you mean? You will become Sultan once you marry her, you would have the power to let us stay,” she said confused.

“I know it’s just,” he paused.

“You don’t want to be Sultan?”

“No, I do, if it means marrying Jasmine. But I’d have to keep up this Prince façade for the rest of my life,” he sighed.

“Well whatever you choose to do, know that I will be there for you,” she said, “now the sun is coming up and I haven’t had any sleep. Good night.”

“Good night Suhki. And thanks,” said Aladdin as she laid down and went to sleep. Aladdin sighed and went outside to think. It was going to be a long day.

Suhki was rudely awoken the next day by Genie impersonating a one man band as Aladdin returned. She groaned and sat up as she watched Aladdin sulk as he made his way inside.

“What’s wrong with him?” she asked looking at Abu and Carpet who were in the window. They shrugged and watched for what Genie had to say.

“Aladdin. You just won the heart of the princess. What are you going to do next?” Aladdin just sulked and walked into the house. He slumped down onto the day bed Suhki had been sleeping on and Genie made his way over.

“Your line is, ‘I’m going to free the Genie’,” whispered Genie. Aladdin stood up frustrated.

“Genie I can’t!” cried Aladdin.

“Sure you can, you just go, ‘Genie I wish you free’,” said Genie as he grabbed onto Aladdin’s face and moved it like a puppet.

“I’m serious. Look I’m sorry, I really am, but they want to make me sultan. No they want to make Prince Ali sultan. Without you I’m just Aladdin,” he said crossing his arms and shaking his head.

“Al you won!” said Genie trying everything he could.

“Because of you! The only reason anyone thinks I’m really worth something is because of you! What if they find out I’m not really a prince? What if Jasmine found out, I’d lose her. Genie I can’t keep this up on my own. I can’t wish you free.”

“Fine I understand. After all you lied to everyone else; hey I was beginning to feel left out. Now if you’ll excuse me, master.” Genie sulked and returned back to his lamp.

“Genie I’m really sorry,” said Aladdin holding up the lamp. Genie just stuck his tongue out at him.

“Fine then just stay in there!” he said and threw it onto another day bed and threw a pillow on top of it, “What are you guys looking at?” he asked looking at Carpet and Abu who were watching in the window. They pouted and left

“Look I, I-I’m sorry. Abu, I’m sorry. Wait! Come on!” He turned to look at Suhki who was staring at him with a sad expression.

“You need to watch yourself, Aladdin. Is this princess of yours really worth losing all of your friends over?” she said softly. He walked over and sat on the side of her day bed.

“Does that mean you’ll be leaving?” he asked with a frightened look on his face.

“Yes. But if you’ll be so kind, Prince Ali,” she said getting up from the day bed, “please tell me when Aladdin returns.” She left for the exit but Aladdin decided that he was not going to lose every single one of his friends in one day and ran towards her and blocked her exit.

“No, I can’t let you go too. I need someone to help me. You’ve been with me through thick and thin,” he said grabbing her shoulders.

“Yeah? Abu has been with you longer and look what you did to him. Face it Aladdin, you’ve changed. Your priorities are all messed up and you need to stop to think about what life you want.”

“You said you’d support me any way I go. What happened to that?”

“Then I guess you aren’t the only one that changed. Good bye Aladdin, I hope you are happy with your princess,” she said before side stepping him and leaving.

She had made a promise to Jasmine that she would be at her father’s announcement so she headed over there. Jasmine was a good girl, who just happened to be in love with the same man she was, but she didn’t care anymore. That empty feeling in her was beginning to become normal for her.

Suhki sighed as she spotted Jasmine parting up ahead. She walked up to her and gave a weak smile.

“Suhki! I’m so happy you came. I am so excited, but do you know where Ali is?” she asked looking around.

“He was just at the guest house. I’m sure he’ll be around here soon enough. Especially if it meant seeing you,” said Suhki sadly.

“What’s wrong? I feel like something is bothering you,” said Jasmine observing Suhki’s behaviour and tone.

“I’m fine, just a bit tired is all, I’ll go wait for the announcement to begin,” she said and walked up the stairs and waited behind the curtain as Aladdin finally arrived and the Sultan began to make his wedding announcement.

There was loud applause and everyone in Agraba was pleased that their princess was finally getting married. Suhki politely clapped before noticing the sky grow cloudy. She stopped and looked around curiously. She heard a commotion and ran through the curtain to see something happen to the Sultan.

“”Bless my soul. What is this? What’s happening?” he asked as his clothes flew off of him leaving him in his undergarment and the clothes stretched and flew onto Jafar who appeared behind them.

“Jafar, you vile betrayer,” exclaimed the sultan angrily as they turned towards him.

“That’s sultan vile betrayer to you,” said Eyago, proving how annoying he can be.

“Oh yeah, we’ll just see about that!” said Aladdin and he looked in his pocket and noticed, “the lamp.” It was gone.

“Finders keepers,” said Jafar holding the missing lamp up. Suhki was shocked, when did he get that?

“Genie no!”

“Jafar I order you to stop,” said the Sultan trying to use the powers he no longer had.

“Ah but there is a new order, my order. Finally you will bow before me,” he said pointing to Jasmine and her father.

“We will never bow to you!” she exclaimed forcefully.

“Why am I not surprised,” said Eyago rolling his eyes.

“If you won’t bow before a sultan then you will cower before a sorcerer. Genie my second wish. I want to be the most powerful sorcerer in the world,” he said ever dramatically.

“Genie stop!” tried Aladdin. Suhki knew it was useless. Genie was bound to the lamp and whoever owned it was his master.

“Ladies and gentlemen a warm Agraba welcome to sorcerer Jafar!” announced Eyago.

“Now where were we? Ah yes. Abject humiliation,” he said and he forced Jasmine and her father to bow before him. That’s when Rajah charged but Jafar noticed, “Down boy.” He then smiled and turned to Jasmine, “Oh princess there’s someone I’m dying to introduce you to.”

“Jafar get your hands off of her!” said Aladdin quickly making his way over.

“Prince Ali, yes it is he, but not as you know him. Read my lips and come to grips with reality. Yes meet a blast from your past whose lies were too good to last, say hello to your precious Prince Ali.” He used his new powers and put Aladdin back into his old, street rat clothes.

“Or should we say Aladdin,” said Eyago

“Ali?” asked Jasmine shocked.

“Jasmine I tried to tell you, I’m just,” started Aladdin but Jafar quickly pulled him away.

“So Ali turns out to be merely Aladdin, just as calm shall I go on? His personality flaws give me etiquette calls to send him packing on a one way trip so his prospects take a terminal dip his assets frozen his venues chosen is the ends of the earth for me! So long ex-Prince Ali!” He moved Aladdin into one of the palace’s towers and set it flying off with Abu and Carpet with him. Suhki ran to try and stop him but it was too late. They were all gone.

“Where did you send them?” asked Suhki grabbing Jafar, “tell me!”

“Well, well, well, what do we have here? Another,” he swung his cane and Suhki was back in her street rat clothes, “street rat. Oh princess, you really know how to pick them.”

“Where did you send Aladdin,” Suhki said behind gritted teeth.

“Oh, but what is this? There’s something more behind your eyes than anger,” he said teasingly as he circled her than grabbed her chin.

“Don’t touch me,” she said jerking free of his grasp, “for the last time, where is he?”

“Why do you care so much? You know he’s a street rat and can take care of himself, right? Unless where is something you haven’t told him. Something you feel?”

“Right now the only thing I want to hear from you is Aladdin’s location,” she said.

“Oh, Jafar I think I figured it out. She likes him,” said Eyago in a sing song voice.

“Why, Eyago I think you are right. Hmm, two women who like this mere street rat, what ever will we do?” he asked as he used his cane to move Jasmine next to Suhki. Jasmine stared shocked at Suhki while Suhki just glared at Jafar. Jafar gave a sinister smile and Suhki did not like that look.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, reviews are welcomed.

-Charlotte