Status: Comlete.

Unexpected

One/One.

Anna sat quietly, though some what impatiently, as she watched her friends "dance" with complete strangers. If you asked her, it was more like dry humping, something she couldn't imagine doing with some greasy, drunken creep.

The only reason Anna had agreed to come to this club in the first place was that her best friend, Jenny, had just broken up with her boyfriend for the fourth- and so she said, final- time. Apparently to Jen, drinking copious amounts of vodka and grinding strange men was therapeutic.

Reaching for her drink, Anna nearly jumped out if her seat when she noticed someone standing next to her table. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"Evan?" Anna's eyes widened. "Evan Peters?" She took note as the smirk on his face grew wider at her tone. "What are you doing here? I thought you moved to..." She stopped talking abruptly, realising he hadn't even answered her first question.

Laughing, Evan sat down across from her, leaning across the table. "I see some things haven't changed." He winked, obviously referring to her tendency to ramble. "And I did move, but I came back after college. New York is great, but its got nothing on L.A."

Anna nodded slowly, her mind still reeling at him being here, only inches away. She could almost feel his breath on her face. She lifted her drink, taking note of how is eyes drifted to her lips as she sipped the beverage. If she hadn't already been nervous, she would be now.

"How've you been, Anna?" He asked, tilting his head sideways. "I mean, you look amazing," he added when he noticed her slightly uncomfortable posture.

Anna blushed. "I'm great. I got my bachelor's degree last spring and I'm working at an ad agency right now. It's not exactly what I wanted, but its kind of hard to be picky with jobs these days. I mean, you probably know how it is, or maybe not...." Her cheeks burned in embarrassment. "I'm sorry. I'm doing it again," she laughed nervously.

Evan just smiled and laughed. "You know you don't have to apologize. Though I am wondering if I can ask you something personal?" He leaned in closer, his hand sliding across the table, nearly touching her.

"Sure," she replied, feeling slightly apprehensive about the idea.

"Are you, um, seeing anyone?" Anna's breath caught in her throat as he looked her directly in the eyes, a hopeful look on his face.

Shaking her head, Anna replied with a quiet, "No." She had hoped their conversation would go this way, but now that it was, she was questioning if it was a good idea.

In high school they had been friends: not best friends, but the kind of friend you speak to when you're at the same party or run into them in town. It was at one of these parties, their senior year of high school, where they had both had too much to drink and wound up tangled together in the bathroom floor at her cousin's house.

The next day they both pretended nothing had happened, but Anna had always had the hope that he would bring it up, tell her he wanted something more. When they graduated without words being exchanged, she had expected that she would never see him again, especially when he went to New York for college.

"Anna? Did you hear me?" Evan asked, touching her hand softly.

"What?" Anna replied, shaking her head. She hadn't realised that she had completely spaced out for a moment. Another oh-so-endearing habit she had. "Sorry, I had a... moment," she explained lamely.

"I asked if you would like to go out some time..." His smirk returned as did the redness on her cheeks.

Anna sat quietly for another moment, silently cursing the alcohol in her system for delaying her thought process. "Sure, I mean yeah, why not?" Her attempt to sound casual came out forced, and she wanted to slap herself. She wouldn't though, because if her awkwardness hadn't scared him off, her slapping herself would do the trick.

"Awesome!" His eyes gleamed as his smile grew. "I'm actually in a hurry, but give me your number and I'll call you tomorrow?" His tone was excited, though she could tell he was trying to play it cool. She giggled at the idea.

"Yeah, of course," she answered, taking a pen from her purse and scribbling her number on a napkin.

After a few more minutes of casual chatter, Evan tore himself away from Anna with a friendly hug and a kiss on her cheek.

Jen strode over to her friend, who was still jittery with nerves and excitement. "Who was the hottie?" She asked, smirking at the shorter woman. "I thought you didn't talk to men in places like this," She teased further.

Before Anna could respond, she felt her phone vibrate. Evan had sent her a text.

"Sorry I had to leave so suddenly, but I will make it up to you if you'll let me. There are things I need to explain and apologize for, but I want you to know that I've always been crazy about you. You're one of a kind."

Anna beamed up at her friend."I know. I wasn't expecting it either."
♠ ♠ ♠
First thing I've written in ages, so be kind. XD