Should I Be Scared...I Was Kidnapped

Chapter 9

“Eric…” I gasped. “Damn it. Eric!” I shouted using every last amount of my energy.
Eric’s eyes shot open and all in one swift motion he stood, pulled out his knife, and put the knife to Zain’s throat. “Get the hell away from her.”
His hands slipped away and I could breathe again.
“Sean, Ryan, get your asses in here.” Eric called out.
“Eric what is…?” Sean trailed off looking at what was going on.
“Why don’t you ask Zain? I woke to Trisha calling my name to see that she was once again about to die.” Eric pressed to blade closer to Zain’s throat.
Zain grinned, “You’re a pussy you’d never do it.”
“You wanna bet fucker? I’d do anything for her.” Eric pushed the blade further.
That’s when it had to stop; blood started to flow from Zain’s neck.
I reached over and touched Eric’s arm, “Stop, please stop. No blood shed, not over this.”
“You really can’t tell can you?” Eric looked at me sadly. “Sean…Ryan…can you deal with Zain for me? I want to talk to Trisha…alone.”
Sean and Ryan both took him out of the room and shut the door. Eric never took his eyes off of me. I glanced at the knife and he put it away.
“What don’t I see, Eric?” I asked confused.
“Trisha, ‘Death Only’ may sound like a deadly gang but really we only kidnapped when one of us fall in love and if they can make that person fall in love with them too they can leave the gang.” His eyes filled with sadness.
It took me a moment to connect the dots, “Then you are… ” I trailed off.
Eric started to blush and it was really kind of cute.
“Eric I’m sorry I never noticed…I was watching out for my life and the two times I stopped watching out for me I was jumping in front of you to protect you for unknown reasons.” I reached up and put my hand on his arm.
He pulled his arm away and for some reason it hurt more than being punched and stabbed. A few tears escaped from my already swollen eyes.
“I’m sorry,” he said whipping them away. “I shouldn’t be putting you under any type of stress right now.”
I shook my head, “If I didn’t believe that I could live through being stabbed, do you think I would have jumped in front of that knife.”
“Yeah, I do.” He said petting my hair.
“Hmmm… yeah you’re right I would have.” I closed my eyes scared to say what needed to be said. “Eric I do care for you, I know that. It’s that reason alone that I’m in your place right now. The thing is I’m not sure how strong I feel.” I looked up into his shock filled eyes and asked, “Is there any way you could give me time o think about things? Let me find out how I truly feel.”
He smiled and nodded his head, “That’s all I can ask, that you just try to see the way you feel… thank you.”
He kissed me on the check, and I drifted off into another one of my deep sleeps; unaware of what morning had in store for me.