Status: Updating when I can which should be often... but it's my baby!!!!!!

Finding Calix

You're Late.

The rest of the day went smoothly, with no problems. I left work at 4:20, but was now running late because of afternoon traffic. By the time I finally arrive at Scout’s house its 4:53. I sighed getting out of the car and rushing up to the door. I know Mason’s going to be really upset that I was late. I rang the doorbell and it opened allowing me to see Scout with a disappointed smile on her face.

“He’s been ready to go for a half hour.” She said sadly as I walked inside.

“I rushed as fast as I could it was rush hour.”

“I’m afraid that’s not going to be a good enough excuse for him.” She stated and I entered the family room to see him sitting on the couch with his backpack on and a frown on his face. I walked to the couch and crouched in front of him.

“Hey little man.” He ignored me and stood up walking to the door. As I followed after him Scout and Alex looked at me with sympathetic smiles.

“Call me later?” she asked and I nodded opening the door for Mason and walking with him to the car. We got situated and I started the drive to Pizza King. I waited five minutes for him to say something, and the entire time I wanted to turn the music up and avoid an awkward situation, like I always used to. I can’t though because there’s no room for awkward situations when you become a mother.

“So… how was your day?” I asked awkwardly. He didn’t answer for several minutes.

“You were late.” Was all he said when he finally decided to answer me.

“Yeah, I know little buddy, and I’m really sorry. You have to understand that there was a lot of traffic and I did my best.”

“Whatever.” He said and I groaned internally because in our house when you said whatever it meant you suck.

“Well what about this, since I was late, after dinner I will take you out for ice cream to make it up to you?”

“No, can we have a movie night?”

“With candy?” he asked hopefully.

“Duh!” I stated

“Would that make things better?” I asked after he grinned at me

“Yes!” he said excitedly.

“Then movie night we shall have.” I declared.

“Sweet Action!” he said and pounded the air.

“Hon, your spending way too much time with your Aunt.” I told him and he smiled at me as I turned the radio up. We finished our drive to Pizza King with silly dancing and singing.

When we got there Mason was practically jumping up and down with excitement. I got him out of his car seat and he raced me inside getting a mean look from a couple walking out. When they turned around I stuck my tongue out at them.

“Very mature Mommy.” Mace said and I just grinned before letting him pick out a table. Once we sat down I turned and mock glared at him.

“Hey you never answered my question! How was your day?”

“After we order!” he stated

“Yes sir! Now what are we gonna get?”

“PIZZA! Oh and tato skins, and the cheesy fries, and the bread sticks!” he said and my eyes got wider with every ‘and’.

“Did Scout not feed you all day or what?”

“No I had a turkey sandwich.” He said with a duh tone of voice.

“Well then I think we can stick with a small pizza and one appetizer.” I said and he tapped his chin doing what we have deemed his thinking face.

“How about this we get one pizza, and two appetizers?” he said and we had a stare down.

“I think I can do that.” I said after a minute and he grinned.

“Do you know what you want to get?” I asked him and he nodded.

“Do you want to order?” he nodded again his eyes wide as he crawled down to the speaker and pressed the button. The voice rang out loud and somewhat fuzzy.

“What can I get for you today?” the voice asked and I saw Mason flinch because of the volume.

“I want a small half black olive, half cheese pizza, an order of the king’s cheese fries with ranch, and a order of potato skins with bacon and a side of sour cream. Oh also two Pepsi’s.” he said then grinned at me when he finished. I gave him thumbs up as the lady repeated the order. He told her it was correct then slid back down the booth so he was sitting across from me.

“So now will you tell me how your day was?”

“Yes, it was very good.”

“That’s really all your gonna give me? Come on give me some details, what did you do all day?”

“Well first I ate breakfast, chocolate waffles, then me and Alex played twister and watched cartoons. Then I had lunch, we went swimming, and I colored, and then you came.”

“Wow sounds like you had and eventful day?”

“Yup!” he said and I handed him a quarter.

“Go ahead.” I told him and he grinned at me before scooting down and putting the quarter in. He had to stand up so he could change the channel, by the time he’d found a show to watch our appetizers were there.

Eventually we got our pizza, which we ate then; left and went to the movie store. We rented five movies, even though he wouldn’t last through more than two. We also got a bunch of candy that would leave him bouncing off the walls. After all of that we drove home with him talking all the way about what movie he was most excited to see. It was adorable and made me proud to say he was all mine. Once we got home I got a big blanket from the closet and we settled down on the couch with al the lights out. The first movie started and I saw he had put in Insidious. I shook my head and sighed I knew I shouldn’t let him watch it, but I also knew it wouldn’t actually scare him. It pained me to think about it but it also made me realize how much he was like his father. He curled up to me and we started the movie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im back after a very long hiatus(which I feel terrible about) I thank my one subscriber for not unsubscribing and for sticking with me(even though I know its probably inactive). I really hope for new subscribers and readers and comments(no hate please, constructive cristism sure). And I would love for the one subscriber I have to comment. To let you know why this took so long to get up here its because I was really just at a loss for what to do with it. But I have restarted and I feel much better about things now. I had it going at too fast a pace But I have now slowed it down and am happy with the chapters I have written up. These posts should come a lot sooner now because I just have to have my editor edit them and they are ready. I'm uber excited for these to get up there.