Status: Updating when I can which should be often... but it's my baby!!!!!!

Finding Calix

Isn’t it Sunday?

My alarm woke me up the next morning and I sat up groggily. I looked down to see Mason rubbing his eyes as if it would rub away the haziness that came from sleep.
“Is it time to get up?” he asked and I shook my head
“No baby not yet, go back to sleep.” I told him and kissed the crown of his head before standing up and walking to the bathroom. I went through my normal morning routine, showering, doing my hair, putting on clothes, doing my make up, brushing my teeth, all before I woke up Mason. When I did he looked up and smiled at me, before running out of my room and to his own. By the time I got there he was already tying his shoes, causing me to smile proudly. He stood up before grabbing his bag and giving me a weird look, making me scared I had something on my face or something.
“What?” I asked after about a minute of this staring.
“Ma isn’t it Sunday?” he asked and I thought about it and realized he was right.
“Yes, yes it is Sunday isn’t it.” I said and he nodded
“Well what now?” he asked me and I shook my head having no clue.
“Well… We could go back to bed, or we could go get breakfast and go to the park.” I suggested and he nodded enthusiastically about the park. He put down his bag and dashed to the front door. I followed after slowly and my Mom instincts kicked in.
“Wait Mason, go grab your jacket, it might be chilly out.” I told him making him roll his eyes before he turned and ran back to his room. As he did that I grabbed the keys and we both met back up at the door. I opened it and he took them two at a time to get down to the car, we crossed the street and to the car together. Once we were all set I started the car and started driving, eventually realizing I had no clue where exactly I was driving to.
“Uh Mace can I inquire as to where were going?” I asked him and he scrunched his face at me obviously not understanding my big word.
“What am I getting for breakfast nugget?” I rephrased and he grinned before yelling,
“McDonalds!” I should’ve known I thought as I made my way to McDonalds. When we got there I went through the drive through and ordered our food. I had to wait Fifteen minutes and had to go back through because they forgot Masons Cinnamelt, but I FINNALY made it out and drove to the park I used to go to as a kid. Eventually we got to the park and I had to yell for Mason to walk to the picnic table, I swear that kid was begging to end up face down in a bag of food. By the time I got there with the drinks he was already shoveling down his food. I shook my head and immediately found myself plunged into a memory.

I sat on the brick wall shoving food down my throat as fast as I could. I still had to go back to the apartment and get my photography project I forgot this morning. And if I didn’t hurry I’d either be late or without an assignment depending on which I decided was worse.
“Yeh know tha’ would actualleh taste better if yeh took the time teh enjoy it.” A familiar voice said and I grinned. He always seemed to come at a bad time. The bad thing is I was starting to enjoy his random visits. I couldn’t allow myself to do that because then I would want to do it more. I can’t have that happen I already spend too much time on him as it is. I took the last bite of my food as he sat next to me.
“I have no time for food today, I’m late.” I said as I stood and started toward my car, pretending not to notice as he got up and started following after me.
“Yeh realleh are a crazeh Bird. There is always time feh food! I’ m starting teh notice a trend here, are yeh realleh late or are yeh just tryin’ to avoid meh?” he asked as I turned to get in my car.
“I honestly don’t know anymore.” I said as I got in and drove out of the parking lot racing to my apartment. It had started out with me lying to avoid him, but now as it turned out he really just came at the wrong time. The truth was, it scared me a little to know how much that upset me. It wasn’t supposed to upset me, right?


I tried doing what Mason had done earlier and shook my head to shake away the memory and was surprised to find it actually worked! Even though memories of Tom were always there, that specific memory was gone, thank god. When I looked at Mason I saw he was eating his last bite of food into his mouth. He took a gulp of his sprite before running of to the tire swing, demanding that I “Push him Mommy!” I sighed looking at my food then back at him. Well food there’s another battle you lost. I thought as I got up and walked over to him and started pushing him, relishing the big innocent smile he had on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I lied, a little Tom, Past Tom. But Past Tom is better than no Tom right? I know this was uber short. These next one or two chapters will be short as well, but after that you can expect the normal length, maybe longer to make up for the short yucky filler chapters you have to go through to get Tom. On another note, I got two new subscribers, wait for it.... AND MY FIRST COMMENT!!!! Yup guys now that weve got one can we work on two. Big thanks to Skyrimjobs
for being my first to comment! Hopefully I'll be able to put up another chapter tomorrow. Stay awesome my lovely readers.