Sequel: Sam; Promises

Sam; Halloween on Christmas

1/1

Sam kicked his small legs back and forth and waited for his dinner. I set his lollypops aside to cool and placed the plate of candy corns in front of him then I placed a small kiss on his mask clad head before pausing.

“Sam; no mask at the dinner table,” I scolded lightly and he nodded before pulling it off revealing his beautiful pumpkin face.

“Thanks Pumpkin,” I giggled and so did he.

I grabbed my simple turkey sandwich and sat across from him.

“Sweetie, a friend of mine is coming over today,” I heard the crunching stop and I look up at him.

His head was cocked to the side in a questioning manner.

“He’s a friend from work, he’s coming over for Christmas.”

He went back to eating and so did I.
___
I hummed softly to myself as I finished decorating another orange cupcake. The door opened and shut and I smiled at Kyle. He looked questioningly at my apartment.

The walls were lined with orange Christmas lights, I made candy apples and Halloween cupcakes instead of cookies and hot coco, and instead of a tree I had a large pumpkin displayed on a table in my living room.

“What’s with the decorations?” He asked as he leaned on the counter beside me.

“It’s Christmas silly,” I giggled.

“Yeah and this is Halloween crap,” I paused what I was doing.

“Don’t call it crap.”

“Matilda, you have a pumpkin instead of a tree. This isn’t healthy!”

He left to the living room and I put the knife down before grabbing one of Sam’s now cooled lollipops and followed him in there. He blew out the candle in the pumpkin and threw the whole thing in the trash.

I gasped lightly and crossed my arms over my chest.

“You shouldn’t have done that,” he stood in front of me and held his arms up in a challenging manner.

“Why?”

“You might upset-“

“Upset who? If you say Sam so help me God Matilda. He’s not real!”

“Yes he is,”

“If he is how come I never seen him, huh?”

“Kyle stop-“

“No Sam; come out, come out wherever you are,” he challenged.

“Ahh,” Kyle screamed out in pain.

I looked down and seen that Sam had cut the back of his ankle causing the male to fall. Kyle looked around confused and his big brown eyes landed on Sam.

“W-What’s going on? Who are you? Help Matilda help!”

“Kyle meet Sam,” I introduced.

I walked over and handed Sam one of his pumpkin lollipops.

“He doesn’t like you ruining tradition.” I scolded.

Sam giggled and Kyle looked up at us in fear and confusion.

“But this isn’t tradition, it’s Christmas,” Kyle stuttered.

“I know but see Sam and I celebrate Halloween on Christmas, ever since I was little. It’s our tradition and he’s upset you are ruining it.” I explained.

Sam bit into the large candy and caused the edges to become jagged and sharp.

“Kyle I really liked you. I am sorry it’s come to this.”

“Matilda stop th-“ he was cut off.

Sam had plunged the lolli downward into his throat. The only noise heard was the gurgling and choking of blood. After a moment Kyle stopped moving.

Of the blood loss of suffocation I did not know. I looked down at Sam and held open my hand which he took.

“Come on Sweetie, let’s carve another Christmas pumpkin.” Sam giggled and followed me into the kitchen.

I started to sing.
“You better watch out,
You better not cry,
You better not pout,
I'm telling you why;
Sam is coming to town.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kyle
Matilda

Please tell me what you think. I loved writing this. The sequel is Sam; Promises so please read that too if you enjoyed this. Oh and Merry Christmas ;D
-Season Greetings from Neche & Sam