Status: I think I might actually finish this story :)

Have Faith in Me

Don't You Wanna Stay?

When I saw finished brushing my teeth Lilly went to her house to grab a few things. I went up to the room I woke up in which Lilly told me could be mine for as long as I wanted to stay. Everything was going fast. I had run away from home and the next day I had a new home. I applied some eyeliner and mascara. I sighed running a hand through my hair. I thought about my mom, wondering where she was and why she hadn't taken me with her. Dad had told me it was because she never loved me. I was the reason she left him. I had driven her away with my stupidity, ugliness, and weight. I sat on the floor against the bed and cried. She left when I was five. I didn't even remember what she looked like, what perfume she wore.
I heard a knock followed by the door opening. I didn't bother to see who it was. I remained sitting on the loor crying. I felt a hand on my shoulder and someone sat next to me. They wrapped their arms around my waist and pulled me close to them. They were so warm and comforting. I inhaled their cologne and grabbed onto them and cried harder. One of their hands began to run through my hair in an attempt to soothe me. They started to sing softly.
"You can rest easy tonight. Everything is gonna be alright, I promise. Go to sleep and dream of me tonight. Everything may not be perfect but at least we try. So tonight sweet dreams and sleep tight. I've been trying so hard can't get you out of my mind. And if this is how it has to be, just promise you won'te forget me and I'll leave you with this lullaby, tonight. I know that this hurts you, it huirts me too. I wish there was something I could do to make it easier for you. Sometimes it's tough to soon to call it love but I wanted to, yeah I wanted to. But it's too late now to say all the wonderful things I thought of you. So tonight, sweet dreams and sleep tight. I've been trying so hard can't get you out of my mind and if this, is how it has to be just promise you won't forget me and I'll leave you with this lullaby, tonight."
By the time he was done singing I had stopped crying. He was still running his hand through my hair and I was still holding onto him. I looked up into Koryn's hazel eyes. "What happened to you?" I was caught off guard by his question.
"Exactly what I deserved." I whispered looking at my hands.
"I doubt that. Who was that man yesterday? You looked terrified."
"Some guy I once knew." I wasn't lying this time. I don't know who my dad is anymore. He wasn't always a monster. He used to be handsome and nice. He'd cook dinner and we'd eat out on special occassions. All that changed when he began drinking. He's not the only one who had changed though. When I was thirteen I began doing drugs. Marijuanna, coke, ecstacy, and once in a while heroine. Whatever I could get my hands on so I wouldn't care when he was te mean drunk.
"How long will you be staying?"
"Not long. Until I can support myself. Get somewhere's far away where he'll never find me." It was true. No matter how nice these people were to me, I couldn't ruin their lives as I had done to everyone else.
"Boo! I don't want you to ever leave." He pouted it was quite adorable honestly.
"You don't even know me." I stated.
"So, we could've been best friends and gone shopping." I stared hard at him for a minute.
"Um, Koryn. I hope I don't upset you by asking this bu-"
"Yes, I'm gay. For about three years I've been out of the closet."
"Is that one guy with the blue eyes your boyfriend?"
"Destery? No, he's not my type. Besides we don't play for the same team. He's straight." I formed and "O" with my mouth and nodded. "Don't you wanna stay?"
I ran a hand through my hair and licked my lips. "I want a fresh start." He nodded in understanding. He stood and extended his hand. I grabbed it and he led me downstairs to the living room. A man with soft brown eyes was watching Tv. He looked at us and smiled. I stood closer to Koryn and stared at this man. They both chuckled at me slightly.
"It's okay, Lia. This is my brother Alex." Alex held his hand out to me to shake it but I couldn't. His eyes reminded me of someone who I hated to remember. He retreated his hand and rubbed the back of his neck.
"So Koryn, what happened to Des?" Alex asked.
"He was on the phone with his mom. I heard Lia crying so I checked on her. Alex looked over at me for a brief second. Just then Destery walked in and slung his arm around me and I flinched extremely noticeable and he removed his arm.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Destery by the way." He held out his hand. I shook it. Alex looked at me weirdly but shrugged, leaving the room saying something about work.
"Are you scared of my brother?" Koryn asked me.
"N-no, he just reminded me of someone. Sorry." I replied sheepishly. Lilly came back holding a bag of hairdyes. She smiled at me. Goodbye chestnut hair. The bottles of dye were platinum blonde, pink, and blue. My eyes grew wide not sure of how it'd look on me. She took me in the bathroom and began working on my hair.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

When she was done blow drying my hair I looked in the mirror. It actually looked good on me and I smiled smally. I thanked her and we went downstairs. She grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge and handed it to me then sauntered to the front door and told me to get my shoes on. I did as told and she yelled to Koryn and Destery. They came moments later, descending the stairs. She flashed her credit card and Koryn clapped his hands excitedly. Destery looked over at his friend and smiled, rolling his eyes. Koryn grabbed my hand and we ran to the car. He opened the back door for me and he got in next to me. Destery sat on the other side of me and I got really warm. I wanted to smile big but I couldn't. Lilly grabbed her keys and purse and started the car. She cranked up the stereo which started playing Children Of Bodum. I was surprised. Nobody in my school had seemed to know them.
Korynwrapped his arm around me and started humming. Lilly kept looking at us in the mirroe every so often. When we finally arrived at the mall Destery was sleeping. Koryn slapped the back of his head and Des woke up with a jolt. We got out of the car and walked towards the mall. Koryn and I linked arms as Destery walked beside me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of a filler, sorry it took so long. I've been busy getting friends X-mas gifts. Speaking of Christmas. Happy holidays! What do you guys want Santa to bring you?? I want Derek... :( We don't always get what we want though...