Status: End. Completed.

Little Reindeer

Little Reindeer #3: Passionate Emotions

She wriggled her body trying to release herself. He smiled in satisfaction as he saw her stuck inside a trap he set at the break of dawn just for her. Not only she didn’t yell nor scream to be released, there wasn’t any expression on her face as she wriggled in the trap which urged him with sudden guilt.

“Do you understand English?” he asked. She stopped wriggling and set her eyes on him. She nodded. He smiled and suggested, “I will help you down if you promise you won’t run away… promise?”

She nodded again. He lowered the trap slowly and she was set free. Not a moment lost, she got up and ran away from him again. He rolled his eyes and sighed heavily before following her. He was few metres away before he could catch up to her. He went for impulsive stop when he saw her tripped swiftly before his very eyes.

“My goodness, are you okay?” he asked her. It was common to see traps lying around the area considering most of the villagers were hunters. Blood flows lightly on her left ankle that was securely locked in a thin snare. He looked her in the eyes yet it astonished him that there was no change in her face. Normally, the forest would be echoed with hurtful scream but not her. After releasing her from the snare, he pulled a bandanna from his jacket and tied it around her ankle. He lifted his right hand above her head. She shut her eyes and tilted her head trying to avoid his hand but as soon as he landed his hand on her head and patted her slowly, she actually adored it. He smiled. She opened her eyes and he finally saw her smiling for the first time.

***


He turned the doorknob when there was no answer from her. He set down a mug of hot chocolate on a nightstand just beside the bed where he saw her peacefully sleeping under the thick sheets of blanket. She was still holding the locket and the Christmas sock he gave her. He sat beside the bed, staring to her face. He couldn’t keep his eyes off her. He chuckled silently remembering how hard it was to encourage her to rest in his place, how he carried her on his back and how she laughed at his joke as he did most of the talking throughout the journey.

She finally opened her eyes and saw him sitting beside her. He cleared his throat, his heart skipped a beat and he couldn’t feel the cold winter as he gazed into her eyes. Their eyes met. He debated not to get closer so he wouldn’t scare her. She didn’t blink and she didn’t look away either. He leaned closer and closer to her. In an instant, he realized he was only few centimetres away from her. She quickly looked away and her genuine pale face turned red. Realizing his mistake, he apologized.

“N-No… It’s not that…” she muttered.

His eyes widened as he heard her finally spoke.

“You do speak…” he said after a moment of silent. She was becoming more and more restless. She could feel heat ascended her body, conquering her emotions. She flipped the blanket that was covering her and jumped out of the bed. He quickly took her lovingly by the hand asking her not to go.

“It’s late…” she said. He realized that it was indeed a little bit late for her to be around.

“Tomorrow is Christmas eve. Have you got any plans?” he asked. She didn’t respond. With a mount of hope, he invited her to dinner tomorrow. To his surprise, she agreed to the request.

“Let me walk you home then…” he requested. She shook her head weak. He lost to the innocence of her eyes and finally released his clench. Quick as she can go, she dashed her way out from the house. He followed her but she was still too quick for him. Before he lost her, he yelled, “At least tell me your name!”

She turned her body around. Smiling she said, “Vixen”
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter #3 is here!
As usual, I can't thank you enough for reading my first two chapter.
Also, I think chapter #3 is a bit too common for me, but just play along yes? XD
Just for extra information, chapter #4 will be the finale.. see you then!