Sequel: Over Spring Break
Status: Slowly revising

Over Christmas Break

Christmas Eve

By Christmas Eve, our relationship has blossomed. We shared a bed, with no intimacy, and became super close. I told him things I had never told anyone, including Sam. He had taken me to a Blackhawks game on one of his off days. I got to meet his infamous brother; we went out to dinner and had drinks with the team. Everything was perfect. But it was Christmas Eve before we were leaving for Jon’s that David surprised me.

“I want you to open this now, before we leave so that you can wear it there,” he smiled and handed me a cute little wrapped box. I opened it and inside I found a diamond necklace in the shape of a hockey stick and puck.

“David, it’s perfect,” I gushed as I kissed his cheek and than he help me put it on. “Thank you!”

“It had your name written all over it. And don’t think you have to rush out and try and get me something of this quality. I did it as a little something extra,” he promised. I just kissed him and put it on. He smiled and we loaded up his car with the cake and gifts before I settled into the passenger seat. I set up the iPod and got the tunes rolling as he double checked that we had everything. When he was satisfied, he got in the car and shut the garage door with the opener and we were pulling out.

Once we made it to the highway, he took my hand in his. I looked up from the magazine and smiled at him as he was smiling at me. He didn’t let go until we reached the 294 and traffic was getting heavy. He smoothly shifted lanes as needed and got us to Jon’s building just over an hour after leaving home.

“Are you sure your parents will like me?” I quickly asked in a hushed tone as he turned the car off, suddenly frightened.

“They are going to love you, sweetheart. Don’t worry; they are a lot like Jon.”

“I am trusting you on this one, Toews.”

“Good, because I’ll be right,” he chuckled and got out of the SUV. I went to do so too, but he was there, waiting with the door open. I smiled and gave him a quick kiss. We got the gifts out and arranged them so that David could carry them all while I carried the cake that I had baked from scratch and decorated with a cute Christmas theme.

He led me to an elevator in the parking garage and told me to press the pent house button. I did what he asked and when it reopened, I found myself in a little hall that had three doors off of it.

“The middle one,” he chuckled as I stared at the marble hall in awe. I went and opened the door, with a comment of just go on in from David and found myself in the foyer of Jon’s apartment.

“Jon, we’re here!” David shouted. I hung behind David after closing the door, not wanting to intrude on what I was already intruding on.

“Kitchen!” I heard Jon’s muffled voice. I followed David as he went to the family room off the foyer and placed the packages under the tree and than he took the cake from me and led me to the kitchen. If I thought the foyer or hall was fancy, his kitchen was amazingly fancy. It was black marble with black appliances. It was sharp and manly and had every tool I would ever need in the kitchen.

“Harper, hi, Dave, just put that on the counter and I’ll make room in the fridge.” I then saw their parents and a little blonde at the kitchen table with Jon. The blonde looked up and came towards us. David looked angry. She kissed him, straight on the lips. David quickly broke it up and looked at me. I just turned to Jon and asked where his bathroom was. He volunteered to show me and we headed in that direction.

“Who’s that?” I mumbled.

“His girlfriend, well, his ex-girlfriend,” Jon replied.

“Which is it, Jon?”

“When he got picked up by the Islanders, they broke up because she didn’t want a long distance relationship. But she has still thought of him as a boyfriend. She thinks of him as hers, they don’t talk anymore from what I know; she just likes to think she’s his and he’s hers. It’s really twisted and she just showed up. If my parents weren’t here, she would’ve been kicked out. But, they wouldn’t let me do that. I’m sorry, I know you are his girlfriend and they don’t, but just ignore her.”

“You’re sure he thinks it’s over?”

“He broke it off with her before she could do it to him before he left for New York. So, yeah, I think he knows it’s over.”

“Thanks, now, I’m really going to use the restroom.” I headed into the restroom; Jon left to head back to the kitchen and then I came out and there was David.

“I didn’t invite her, didn’t know she was coming, I didn’t know a thing.”

“That’s what Jon said. He said she just showed up.”

“I just told her that we aren’t dating and she’s still here. So, I don’t know what’s going to happen. But thank you for not truly freaking on me like some girls would’ve done.”

“Most girls would have, but I’m more rational,” I surmised for him. He smiled and kissed my cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOOooooo, will this cause trouble in paradise? Maybe, maybe not. I'm still finishing the writing on this story, but it's sequel, yes a sequel, is written. I just have to type it! Please, comments and critiques are momentous!