Sequel: Over Spring Break
Status: Slowly revising

Over Christmas Break

Relaxation

David left for the road trip the day after our lazy day. I had awoken to an empty bed once again but with a better note this time.

H,
Be back by tomorrow morning, call me when you get up.
– D

I smiled and found my phone on the night stand, not bothering getting up from bed before dialing him. He answered on the third ring.

“Hey, did you see the note?” he asked.

“Yep, that’s why I’m calling, silly.”

“Of course, have been up long?”

“About three minutes actually,” I replied with a chuckle. He laughed too.

“I’m glad you are so awake when you talk to me. Anyways, I left you something on the kitchen table. Let me know what you think of it before tonight’s game, okay? I don’t want to know until six o’clock. I’ve got to get to practice, but I’ll be looking for that text,” and he was off. I sighed and decided to wait and see what he left me by showering instead.

Once I was dressed and ready to go out, I grabbed my purse and headed down the stairs. On the table I found what happened to be passes to a day spa. How he got them, I’d never know, but I immediately dialed up Sam. She and I needed a no boys day and this seemed like the best way. She answered on the second ring and said she could be ready in twenty. I scarfed down a quick breakfast sandwich before heading to her place to pick her up.

I honked when I got there and she came bounding out, hair flying everywhere. I didn’t blame her seeing as my hair was half-frozen and in sloppy curls, damp around my face. I unlocked the car, waited for her to get situated and backed out. We headed to the little spa in downtown Belvidere before starting our day of complete relaxation.

“So, why the spa day so unexpectedly?” she asked as we got settled in for massages.

“David left the passes for us. He left for a road game this morning and wanted us to have them today. He’ll be home tomorrow,” I smiled, blushing I’m sure.

“You really like him, huh, Harper. I’ve never seen you blush over a boy like this.”

“I guess I do. I just don’t want to get hurt when winter break’s over. That’s why I didn’t want to be his girlfriend. He travels, nonstop; I don’t want to have to worry if he’s cheating on me. That’s why I originally said no. But he wouldn’t take no for an answer and scored a hat trick for me to show me that I make him a better player. I want to be the person that does that, but at the same time, I’m really worried, Sam.” My best friend gave me the ‘are you stupid’ look.

“You are the most ridiculous person I’ve ever met. You have a hockey player that likes you enough to go out of his way to score and make himself a better person so that you’ll notice him. I don’t think you have to worry about him cheating on you.”

“But there are puck bunnies, they are kind of irresistible.”

“Harper, the married men can handle them, so can your man. I promise. If I’m lying, you have permission to never talk to me again.”

‘I’ll hold you to that, Sam,” I said seriously. She nodded and our masseuses came in to get started.
As Janie worked on my body, I could feel the tension and tightness fade away. I sank further into the bed and just let her do her job. It was so utterly relaxing that I fell asleep and had to be awoken when our massages were over and it was time for mani/pedis.

“What color are you getting?” Sam questions as we look at all the colors to choose from. I pick up a red that’s deep, almost blood like.

“This one,” I respond, holding it up for her to see.

“For both?”

“No, just my toes, fingers will be French manicured.”

“Okay, I get it; you want your toes to match your boy. That’s kind of cute!”

“Thank you, you going to do anything for your boy?”

“Nah, he hates feet. I’ll just do this amazing looking blue. It’s like ocean or sky,” she admired the color as we headed to our designated seats for the pedicure.

Our manicurists introduced themselves as Natasha and Petal, interesting name, but I didn’t mind. They got to work on our feet after they had a chance to soak. I turned on the back massage, even though I just had one, to send me into complete oblivion of the conversation going on around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is it terrible that I've been working on this chapter for just short of two weeks? I think it kind of is because I could never come up with anything that was more than satisfactory. Hoping I can get some more creative juices flowing where this story is concerned! Comments and thoughts on what you'd like to see always appreciated!