Sequel: Over Spring Break
Status: Slowly revising

Over Christmas Break

Okay

The next night, I found myself at the BMO Harris Bank Center in the jersey I had washed after the last extravaganza in it. David had smiled when he saw I had it on, but it faded quickly as he drove us to the BMO Center. I had gone to the locker room with him before getting kicked out and was back in the crowd. I impatiently awaited game time, spending most of it texting Sam and Jenny. But when game time finally came, the phone went in my pocket and stayed there. I had already had a snack during warm ups and one pop, so I had no reason to vacate my seat during the game, even during intermission. When David scored his first goal, he looked me directly in the eyes and mouthed that it was for me. I nodded with a smile. When he did it again, he said it was for us. I was a little confused at first, but then twenty seconds later, he scored for his hat trick. After the last goal, he didn’t get a chance to mouth anything to me, so I just cheered extra loud for him on the ice. The game ended with his goals being the only ones.

I headed down to the locker room entrance quickly after the game ended and ran and jumped into his arms giving him a great hug in congratulations for his hat trick. He set me down and kissed me. I didn’t stop him either. I swear, it’s the jersey that does crazy things. I kissed back and there were whistles from the other players around us. It was then that I broke up the kiss and I’m sure my face was beat red. He pulled me away from the rest of the group and he explained the meanings behind his whispered words.

“I meant what I was saying out there, Harper.”

“And what exactly were you saying out there, David?” I asked him in honesty.

“I was asking for you to give us a chance. Obviously we both have feelings for each other or you would’ve stopped that kiss long before the guys broke it up. So, give us a chance. I couldn’t stop thinking about you over the road trip and what we did that night after the game, it actually turned me into a better player because I was playing, in hopes, which you would see I had an amazing game and would be proud of me. And that’s what I did tonight, for you.”

“Okay,” I said with a slight smirk.

“Okay?” he asked with a full on grin. I smiled and nodded. He picked me up and twirled me around before placing another kiss on my lips once more. “Don’t go to Hawaii, stay here with me. I have one away game before Christmas but you can come and have Christmas with my family at Jon’s.”

“One second you are asking me out and the next you want me to have Christmas with you and your family?”

“They want to meet you anyways. I told them my host family’s daughter was in town and they want to meet you.”

“I’ll think about it, I have to see how everything would work out, but it’s a possible thing, okay?” he nodded and we joined the rest of the team. He quickly left me to shower and change before rejoining me so we could go out with the team. The guys insisted on buying me drinks again, but I only had one so I could drive while David drank to celebrate his hat trick.

When he was way too drunk, I carted his ass to the car, with the help of Pirri, and drove us back to the house. I helped him stumble inside and put him on the couch in the family room. I got him a bowl and a glass of water and the Tylenol so he could take some pain reliever for the sure hangover. I made sure he had a pillow and blanket before going upstairs to climb in his bed and fall asleep.
The next morning, I awoke when an arm fell around my waist. I opened my eyes to see David next to me. I cuddled into his chest and fell back asleep. We awoke, hours later, and had a quick lunch before he took me to the practice rink to teach me how to skate. I was embarrassed to say I couldn’t ice skate, but he didn’t care. It was quiet and something to do, so he offered to help me. Just the two of us were on the ice, so it was really nice, and the moment I stepped on it, I fell straight on my ass. He laughed but then I made him fall which made me laugh as well. He promised not to laugh if I fell anymore. He helped me up and held my hands as he instructed me how to push off one foot and the other. Soon enough, I was skating around without him and not falling. It was a fun day overall that we ended by going out to Texas Road House for steak. After dinner, we went back to the house and turned on a movie to fall asleep to.
♠ ♠ ♠
First update on this story in 2012! It's kinda fillerish, but longer. So I say it's okay. More comments = more updates!!!