Status: Updated Whenever

Color Me Adventurously

The Aran-Evan-Mir-Mercedes-Phantom Deal

Grendel the Really Old had decided to assign the former Dark Lord a mission. This was becoming an unfortunately common occurrence.

OMGItzMeh had once told him that all Maple adventurers and heroes got missions, even him. The only difference really is that OMGItzMeh got his orders from the large onyx dragon (whose name was Mir) flying next to him. Apparently all dragon masters named their dragons Mir; or was it that all onyx dragons called themselves Mir?

Sometimes, of course, a red mailbox would appear with a mission as had happened when the Mushroom Kingdom called for aid. The whole situation was bizarre but had lent itself very well to Tom Riddle's training regimen. That was why when Grendel the Really Old asked him to accept Lady Cygnus's alliance invitation on his behalf, he'd accepted.

But when he arrived in Ereve for the meeting he was surprised to learn that he would receive no experience for this. Not only that but was now learning of a being called the Black Mage. The Black Mage was supposedly a wizard who some hundreds of years ago threatened to (and almost succeeded) destroy the Maple World. However, five heroes (possibly more, no one is actually sure if there were some forgotten or who would surface later on) more or less banded together to trap and bind the Black Mage. There was an organization called the Black Wings who were attempting to free the Black Mage.

This whole situation was unfathomable to the former Dark Lord for the following reasons:

1.How was the Black Mage still alive and a threat after all this time?

2.Why would anyone want to destroy the Maple World? Seriously, look around at all the cute monsters and fashionable wear. There's no way that such a colorful place could inspire pure evil.

3.Why would anyone want to destroy, period? There's no power or fame to gain from a kingdom of corpses, even he knew that.

4.Is it really so hard to get a head count on heroes?

5.Where can you get such a loyal following? If he'd had Death Eaters willing to help him in his time of need he would have risen to power much sooner. Could he possibly convince the Black Wings to serve him instead?

It would be great if he could. But at any rate, this alliance consisting of thieves, pirates, rebels, wizards, Evan and Mir (apparently all dragon masters are called Evan), warriors, demon slayers, elves (all named Mercedes, a very non-elvish name), something called Jetts, archers, Cygnus's knights, dual blades, Phantom (former immortal magic thieves who turned to the light because they all fell in love with a past Empress of the Maple World i.e. Aria), and Aran (another case of the Evan, Mir, Mercedes, Phantom deal). These were the people who were going to save the Maple World?

Well, the former Dark Lord had to admit there were an awful lot of them going against the Black Mage so they were sure to win. It would be like a more effective version of the Order of the Phoenix. An Order who wouldn't have to spend so much time trying to convince others to join in the fight.

At least he'd been good at intimidating wizards and witches alike in his world. An effective Order would have made his life even worse than it was with it just floundering about like a fish out of sea.

Now if he could just band together with some of them they could go out there and stir up trouble for the Black Mage. After all, if he had the same agenda as before, Tom Riddle himself would be in a vast amount of trouble. The Maple World was his world too now that he was no longer in England (thank Merlin for that).

Once outside of the meeting hall, he cornered a very serene looking archer with wide eyes and bows in her hair. “Sharpnpointy, do you want to go defeat the Black Mage? If we get a few others we could win.”

“Noob.” With that Sharpnpointy walked away. Tom Riddle was met with the same resistance and comment every-time he proposed his solution.

Finally, irritated beyond belief and wishing he could just use the Imperius Curse on them all, he stopped. “Don't any of you care, you bleedin' *******?!!”

Grendel the Really Old was very far away but his voice still sounded quite sharp when it berated him. “Watch your language!”