Invisible Woman Blues

Apples, Pasta, & Love

It had been a couple of weeks since the concert and Henry and I had been emailing back and forth semi-regularly. We both have busy schedules; his more so than mine.

Getting up from my desk I stretched before walking to the break room. I had a habit of waiting for everyone to be done with lunch or in a meeting before eating lunch. I walked in with a smile. Dan had a habit of meeting me there.

“Hey,” he smiled.

“How are you?” I asked as I grabbed my Tupperware full of last night’s pasta.

“Pretty good, just chilling,” he shrugged his shoulders.

“Chilling at work?” I chuckled as I sat with my now microwaved food.

“Uh… yeah,” he grabbed an apple and sat next to me.

“That’s your lunch?”

“Um… well I already… ate,” he scratched the back of his neck and I cocked a brow.

“Then why are you still here?” I paused. “Were you waiting for me?” I smiled and he chuckled nervously.

“No… maybe… yeah,” he admitted. I said nothing as I dug into my lunch. “So I was thinking… how would you like to hang out sometime… outa work?”

I paused and looked up at him for a moment; he misunderstood my silence.

“I mean, if you don’t want to its cool,”

“No,”

“Okay…”

“No I mean I do want to.” He smiled widely. “But,”

“Crap, I don’t like the ‘but’,”

“I’m so busy, with school and everything… When would you want to hang out?”

“Anytime you can, I’m pretty much free except for when we have work,”

“Well I have classes only on Monday and Wednesday; I work Wednesday through Saturday, and I’m here Monday through Friday from 11 am to 5 pm. So I’m free Tuesday… after work.”

“That’d be great; umm I’ll pick you up at 7?”

“Yeah,” I looked down in my plastic container and started to eat.

“Oh I finished that book you lent me,” I stared up at him; he finished it after a week?

Faster than I did, granted I reread a lot because I loved it so much.

“What did you think?” I ask in between bites.

“It was really good; he has an interesting mind I’ll give him that,” he bite into his apple and I smiled. Interesting mind. That’s an understatement.

“He’s a genius isn’t he?” I smiled proudly and he shrugged. “If you read more of his books and watch his performance you’d see it,”

“Will I fall in love with him like you?” He teased and I smiled wider.

“Maybe,” It was impossible not to love Henry.
♠ ♠ ♠
So the triangle is kind of starting to form here.