Status: I'm still putting in chapters but it looks good so far. :)

A Summer to Remember

Sand and Sparks Fly

Julia got to her room, she heard her phone; ping. Which signaled that she had a new text. The text had said;

Had fun last night. Ur really cool Julia, and fun to hang with.
I know we just met but it feels like I’ve known u for years. :)
I hope we can hang soon. Just give me a time and place, and I’ll b thr
-Carson

Julia smiled that the message he’d sent her. In her whole life, Julia had only one boyfriend, Jason McGill, the football captain, and valedictorian of her senior class. After their two year anniversary dinner she was walking home, when she passed the park and saw Jason sucking-face with Gina Moore on the swings;

“Yeah, Mom. I’m on my way home.” Julia said on the phone as she was on her way home from Jason’s. She was no longer a virgin tonight. She felt a lot different, than she did this morning. “I had fun. Mom, I’ve got to...”

Julia dropped her phone with a loud crack as it hit the cement. She saw Justin on the swings with someone else. It was Gina Moore, a.k.a. The school bimbo. They were making-out. Justin was laughing, until he looked over and saw her standing on the sidewalk with tears reflecting in her blue eyes. As Justin got up to explain, Julia ran until she was out of breath. He caught up to her soon after she stopped.

“Julia, I’m so sorry. That’s not what it looked like.” Justin explained, out of breath from running.

“Then what was it? I gave you a part of me tonight, and you betray me. I loved you, Jason. Fuck you ass hole. After two years of being together, you cheat on me. I hope you rot in hell man-whore!” Julia screamed every cuss word she knew, at him.

“It was great, but lately you’ve been distant towards me. No need to get overbearing, Jules.” He said to her calmly.

“Whatever liar. You have no right to call me that anymore Jason. We’re over. It’s not me, it’s you.” She was done with him. She turned away from him for good that night, and walked home. She just needed a fresh-start.

Julia had no idea what to send back to him. She just sat around, thinking for fifteen minutes. Until she had an idea, she was going to flirt until something happened between them. She wasn’t going to be the one to make the first move, he was. She said;

Me 2 ;) I really like hanging with you more! :D
How about tomorrow at 11am. Let’s have a day
@ the beach :).

After a few minutes he sent back;

Haha! Sure, sounds like a plan.
I’d love to see you in a bikini :P
Till then hot stuff.

Julia giggled at the message. She had to find something to wear! She walked into the large closet, and started scavenging for a bikini. She found three that she really liked. One was lime green with gold metallic polka-dots. Another was bright red with white stripes. The last one was just a smiple light pink.

She chose the light pink and pulled out a white cover-up slip dress. After that she took a bubble bath and brushed her teeth. She called Sarah and they talked for an hour until she fell asleep.

* * *

When Julia rolled her alarm clock said 9am. She ate a quick breakfast then took another bath. She shaved her legs and brushed her teeth again. When she got done it the bathroom, it was 10:25am. She quickly got dressed, grabbed a towel, and put on her peach colored flip-flops. Julia told her dad that she was going to the beach with a friend, then headed out the door. She got to the patch of beach behind her dad’s house, laid out her towel, and sat down.

“It’s so beautiful.” Julia sighed to herself and shut her eyes while listening to the peaceful sound of the waves crashing against the shore.

“I know it is.” Someone said next to her.

Julia’s eyes snapped open at the sudden intrusion of her tranquillity. Carson was sitting right next to her. He must’ve came over when she was in her peaceful state of mind.

“Will you stop doing that?” She laughed and asked him sarcastically.

“Why stop, when we’re having so much fun together.” They all chuckled at his comment. Julia finally noticed that there was someone else here, besides she and him. There was a girl in a yellow and black tankini sitting on a towel on the other side of Carson.

“Oh. I almost forgot! Julia Stratford this is my little sister, Abbie Edwards. Abbie this is Julia. Abbie is going to join us for a little bit.” Carson said annoyingly while staring at his sister.

“Is it true? Are you Nick Stratford’s daughter?” Abbie asked curiously.

“Yes, I am. It’s great to meet you Abbie.” Julia said kindly.

“I thought that you ex was Nick’s daughter? At least that’s what she told me.” Abbie aked her big brother.

“Erica’s his step daughter. Julia is the real deal. She’s here to spend the summer with him and his family.” Carson explained to his little sister.

“Oh. I see now. Where are you from Julia?” Abbie was just full of questions for everyone.

“I’m really from a small town named Leslile. It’s in Iowa.” Julia answered her questions, with more yet to come.

Carson got bored so he pick Julia up and playfully threw her into the water. They started kicking water at eachother. Abbie came over with a clump of wet sand hid behind her back. To ‘see’ what was going on. She chucked it and it hit the back of his head.

“Oh, this means war.” He said as his eyes narrowed and focused on Abbie.

She squealed as he picked her up and tossed her into the water. Julia walked up behind him with more sand and dropped it on him. Carson turned around before She could run away and tackled her to the ground. They both laughed until they stared into eachother’s eyes. Carson slowly leaned down until his lips brushed against her’s. Electricity flowed between their lips. Their eyes were closed, they didn’t see Abbie sneek up with a bucket of sand and water. She dumped it over the two.

“Ah! I think I got sand in my eye.” Julia shouted in pain.

“Abbie. Go in the house. If you don’t, I’ll tell mom what you just did.” Carson told her, she nodded, and walked toward their house, “Julia, are you okay? I’m so sorry about that. She just got carried away.”

“I’m fine thanks. I have to go. I’ll call you soon.” Julia said as she walked toward her house.