Status: So I am going to try rewriting some of the chapters, because I'm not really happy with them. Hope to begin posting again soon.

I Think You Could Do Much Better Than Me

Chapter Twelve:

I laid on my bed with Rose lying on my chest. She had fallen asleep a couple of hours before and still slept at the given moment. The rain hadn’t let up any from hours before and it didn’t seem like it had the intention to stop anytime soon.

Rose’s wavy, maroon hair had dried almost completely. I kissed her forehead and smiled at the beautiful girl that was asleep in my arms. Rose stirred in her sleep and smiled up at me with tired eyes.

“Hey gorgeous,” I said messing with her long hair.

“Hello handsome,” she said snuggling into my shoulder, “I’m going to have to get used to us and calling you my boyfriend.”

I laughed, “I know. Calling you my girlfriend has a bit of a weird ring to it.”

“How long was I asleep?” Rose asked as she stretched in my arms.

“About two hours, I guess,” I told her.

She yawned and asked, “Did you stay awake the whole time I was asleep?”

“For the most part. I dozed off a couple of times,” I said.

“You should have just woke me up,” Rose said rolling off of me.

“You’re so cute when you sleep. I couldn’t have just woke you up,” I smiled.

“You watched me sleep?” Rose asked raising an eyebrow and sitting up in the bed.

I nodded, “I watched you a little while before you woke up.”

Rose scrunched her nose at me and laughed, “I snore when I sleep, don’t I?”

“A little,” I admitted, “But it’s not loud or annoying. It’s actually really cute. You also kind of murmur in your sleep, but I can’t understand what you’re saying.”

Rose’s face flushed a bright red, “That’s why next time you should wake me up.”

I laughed some and sat up in bed. I pulled Rose into my lap and kissed her hair. She giggled quietly and rested her body against my chest. She stared up at me with her smiling sea colored eyes. I kissed her nose and noticed she didn’t have a nose ring in?

“Where’s your nose ring?” I asked her.

Her hand went up to her nose and she touched the place where her nose was pierced. “Oh, I guess I lost it,” Her hand dropped from her nose, “You notice so much.”

I shrugged, “I only noticed it, because I kissed your nose.” Rose and I sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes, occasionally kissing in the silence. I noticed Rose’s eyes were staring into the corner of my room where my guitar was. “Are you staring at my guitar?”

“Why?” Rose asked shifting in my arms and looking up at me with her bright eyes.

“Well, I see you looking in the corner where my guitar is,” I told her.

“If you really want to know, I am looking at it,” she laughed.

“You should go get it and then sit back in my lap,” I smiled at her.

“Really?” She asked raising an eyebrow.

“Mhm,” I nodded. She left her place on my lap and went over to the corner where my guitar was. She got it from the stand and sat in my lap again. “Can you play?”

“I learned how to play when I was like twelve, but I haven’t played in years,” she stated.

I reached around her and held the guitar. “I’ll play something, but only if you promise to sing along to it.”

“Okay, but what song?” she asked.

“Um,” I said thinking, “How about “If It Means A Lot To You”?”

She smiled and nodded, “Okay, I’ll sing.”

I kissed her cheek and then started the intro of the song.

“And hey darling,
I hope you’re good tonight.
And I know you don’t feel right when I’m leaving.
Yeah, I want it, but no I don’t need it.
Tell me something sweet to get me by,
‘Cause I can’t come home till they’re singing
La, la la la la la la.
Till everyone is singing.”


I sang the verse softly into Rose’s ear earning a soft smile from her. She hummed the chorus as I sang.

“If you can wait till I get home,
Then I swear to you,
That we can make this last.
La la la
If you can wait till I get home,
Then I swear come tomorrow
This will all be in our past.
Well, it might be for the best.”


I played the instrumental part of the song leading up to the second verse. I had my breath taken away as she sung the verse. Her voice was so perfect and fit the song perfectly. Rose’s voice had brought a huge smile to my face.

“And hey sweetie,
Well, I need you here tonight,
And I know that you don’t want to be leaving me.
Yeah, you want it, but I can’t help it.
I just feel complete when you’re by my side,
But I know you can’t come home till they’re singing.
La, la la la la la la.”


Rose sung softly in my ear the end of the second verse and I began my part again.

“Till everyone is singing
La, la la la la la la
If you can wait till I get home,
Then I swear to you,
That we can make this last.
La la la
If you can wait till I get home,
Then I swear come tomorrow
This will all be in our past.
Well, it might be for the best.”


“You know you can’t give me what I need,
And even though you mean so much to me,
I can’t wait through everything.”
“Is this really happening?
I swear I’ll never be happy again,
And don’t you dare say we can just be friends.
I’m not some boy that you can sway.
We knew it’d happen eventually."


We finished the song out and all I could do was smile. I set the guitar next to us on the bed and pressed our foreheads together. I kissed her lips many times before saying anything. “Your voice is so beautiful,” I told her.

“And so is yours,” She said catching my lips again.

After pulling away from our embrace, I noticed the rain had stopped. “I should probably take you home,” I said holding both of Rose’s hands.

She smiled a cute, crooked smile, “Yeah, I probably should go home.”

Today had turned into one of the best days I had ever had, thanks to the beautiful girl with the long, wavy hair and sea colored eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this chapter is really filler-ish and fluffy.. It's not my favorite, but I hope you all like it. What's going to happen now that they are together?? I have some ideas for this story, but I'd really like to know what anyone and everyone thinks about it so far. But anyway, I really hoped you liked it. c:

(Oh and also, if there are any typos or mess ups in this chapter, I'm sorry. My editor fell asleep on me lol.)