Status: So I am going to try rewriting some of the chapters, because I'm not really happy with them. Hope to begin posting again soon.

I Think You Could Do Much Better Than Me

Chapter Seven:

Today was finally Saturday. I woke up after 12 like I usually did on most Saturdays. I completed my usual routine I did after I woke up. I began to clean up around the house. There really wasn’t much to clean up since I spent most of my time in the living room and my room.

I cleaned up the kitchen and then cleaned my room. Around 2, I was done cleaning. I turned on the TV in the living room. I sat on the couch for a while watching some stupid show that was on. I grew bored after a while and decided I would make things a bit lively.

I went upstairs and came back downstairs with my favorite purple bong and some weed I had gotten from James earlier in the week. I sorted through the leaves, taking out any stems or seeds I found. I packed the leaves into the bowl and pressed my lips to the top of the bong. I flicked my lighter on and lit the leaves. I sucked in the air from the bong until I tasted the smoke.

I let the bong fill with smoke then I covered the inhale hole and took out the bowl and the stem. I placed my thumb over the hole that was left from where the bowl was. I uncovered the inhale hole and sucked in as much smoke as I could. I held the smoke for a moment then let it roll slowly out of my mouth. I coughed some and then repeated the process. It really wasn’t much fun getting high alone, but it gave me something to do.

A few minutes later, the smoke that was in the bong was gone. I moved my bong to the end of the coffee table and turned on my Xbox. I sat on the couch and played the newest Resident Evil game. I laughed at the zombies coming after me. I played one handed as I reached into the bag of chips beside me. I died just as I heard the doorbell ring.

I got up from my place on the couch and went toward the door. I didn’t bother to spray the room or put in eye drops, because I figured James would be at the door.

When I opened the door, I got a surprise. There stood Ryan in my doorway holding a pair of flip flops.

“Uh, hey Rose,” He greeted awkwardly.

“Hey, Ryan,” I mumbled. I was a bit embarrassed by the state I was in.

“I bought you some more flip flops. You left the one you had in my car so I went to the mall this morning and tried to find some that were similar to the one you had lost,” He handed me the flip flops that were from the same designer of my old ones I had lost on the boardwalk the night before.

“This is really sweet of you,” I said taking the flip flops from him, “Thanks so much. They are from the same designer and everything.”

He gave a sheepish smile, “It was no problem, really.”

“Well would you like to come in?” I asked. I was being generous, but I was really hoping he wouldn’t come in.

“If it’s all okay with you,” He replied scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

I gave a fake smile, “It’s no problem at all.” I opened the door to let him in.

He stepped inside and stood awkwardly in the hall. I was about 90% sure my house smelled like smoke. I closed the door and led Ryan to my living room.

“Well you can sit on the couch if you want,” I offered pointing to the couch, “I was just playing a game before you came.

Ryan walked over to the couch and took a seat close to one of the arms. He laughed as I neared him.

“What’s funny?” I asked.

He pointed to my bong on the end of the coffee table. “Is that what I think it is?”

My face flushed red. “Oh my fucking God, you weren’t supposed to see that,” I hurriedly picked up the bong and took it into another room. My face was still red when I returned into the living room.

“I thought something was up with you,” Ryan laughed when he saw me, “You could have just left it there since I already saw it.”

I honestly didn’t think my face could turn anymore red. “Well, I don’t want you to stare at it.”

He laughed more, “Are you high?”

I raised an eyebrow at him, “Does it look like I’m high?”

“A little, I guess,” He shrugged.

“Well then, there’s your answer,” I replied.

He laughed some and picked up the Resident evil game case on the table. “How do you play games while you’re high?” He asked curiously, “Isn’t it like being drunk?”

I smirked at his questions and sat on the couch next to him. “Being high and being drunk are two separate things. I can’t really explain it though. I have the ability to do more things high than I am when I’m drunk.”

“Oh,” He commented playing with the game case.

“I take it you’ve never done either of those things?”

Ryan shook his head and kept his eyes on the case.

I frowned, “Well, it’s nothing to be ashamed of. I don’t want you to think I’m judging you for it, because I’m not.” Without saying anything, Ryan placed the game case back on the coffee table. “Can I ask you something?” I asked Ryan.

“Sure,” He said looking over to me.

“Did you smell smoke when you first walked into my house?” I questioned.

“No,” He laughed shaking his head.

I sniffed my hair before asking another question, “Do I smell like smoke?” I moved closer to Ryan. He leaned in to sniff my hair and leaned back with a hint of amusement on his face. “I smell like smoke don’t I?”

“You really don’t,” He said in his amusement, “You smell like some kind of flower.”

“Is that supposed to be some kind of pun?” I said raising an eyebrow at Ryan.

“No, why?” He asked curiously.

“Well my full name is Rose Lily Flowers, so I just thought of that as a joke.”

“Well, you do actually smell like flowers and that’s a really pretty name,” He complimented smiling, “It suits you.”

I laughed, “Stop bullshitting.”

“I’m not, I swear. It’s a pretty name for a pretty face.”

I couldn’t help it when I smiled at his cheesy comment. I giggled some and joked, “You’re too kind.”
“Well it’s true, except you’re gorgeous,” He told me looking away.

My amusement and laughs died down. I really didn’t believe he even said that. Man, I must be really high, I thought to myself. “You don’t mean that,” I said quietly.

“I meant every word I said,” He chuckled softly and looked down as he shook his head. After a while of an awkward silence, Ryan said, “Well, I just stopped by to give you those flip flops. Sorry I caught you at a bad time.”

I laughed, “Anytime you catch me high isn’t a bad time, but thanks for getting me those flip flops.”

“No problem,” He smiled and stood up from the couch and so did I. I walked with Ryan to the door. “I’ll see you later, Rose.”

“You too, Ryan,” I said giving him a hug. He was a bit hesitant about hugging back but soon gave into the hug. My face pressed into his shoulder during the hug. He smelled like expensive designer cologne. I inhaled his scent deeply before we ended the hug.

Ryan smiled a smile that touched his eyes. His chocolate brown orbs shined. “Hey, Rose,” He started, “Do you want to like hang out later and go to the movies? It will only be you and I, so you won’t have to worry about Dayln.”

I gave it a thought before finally saying, “That sounds nice.”

His smile grew, “I’ll come pick you up in a few hours then, Rose.” With that he left and closed the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter is a bit different. Hope you like it though c: