"Baby, My Name's Alex."

"Love, you take my breath away."

She had just finished telling me about the night we almost met. as she described it, I started remembering. I looked at her.
"that was your notebook? seriously?" I sat up. she nodded slowly. "come with me." I helped her off the hammock and held her hand as we walked inside to my basement.
"I have a room down here where I keep everything the fans give me." I opened the door and started looking around. I opened every drawer and finally found it. I grabbed it and hid it behind my back. "I was going to send this back to whoever wrote it but I had no address." I handed it to her.
"you've kept it all these years?" she smiled ad she flipped through it.
"yeah. when jack first gave it to me, I just skimmed through it. but I stopped on one and read it. it was amazing. I started at the beginning and read all of them. Liz, you're really talented. why haven't you gone into music at all?"
"never thought I was good enough. you were the only person to see this besides me." she stopped flipping the pages and stared at the page then looked at me.
"you wrote in it?" I wasn't sure if she was angry or not.
"I just told you how good you were. I'm sorry if that was wrong."
"it takes over 15 pages to say how good I am?" her tone was the same.
"I answered the letters you wrote to yourself. you should read them." I said as I pointed to the notebook. she nodded.
"I will. right now." she held the notebook to her chest as she walked out of the room. I stayed behind and stood there. I heard her heels go slowly up the stairs and to where the kitchen table was. I cleaned up the room and went upstairs.
"are you mad?" I asked quietly. she shook her head no as she read.
"you're so deep." she whispered after a while.
"it's the writer in me." I smiled and watched her read.
"'your words are so deep and real, Liz, that I knew and understood how you felt and why you felt that way. you have a gift Liz. honestly, you do. please stick with it. love, your fan, Alexander William Gaskarth.'" she read the words to me as if I forgot I wrote them. she looked up from the paper and looked at me and slowly smiled.
"that autograph is gonna be worth something someday. you might want to keep it." I joked.
"I wish I did follow my dreams. I'd hopefully still have a job." she laughed a little at the thought and stared at the notebook.
"maybe you can..." a light bulb went off in my mind.
"what are you talking about?" Liz asked confused.
"you can help me write for the band! our writing style is the same. I can't count the times I've read that notebook when I had writers block. plus, you know the girls point of view on things from experience."
"Alex, that's a great idea and all but there are a few problems. like what about your band? they might want a say in it. and I live in Boston. we see each other every two weeks. that will make it take forever to get an album done." she worried.
"all the more reason to move here, Liz. and when we go to Los Angeles to record, you come with us. and on tour. cmon. we'd get super close." I walked to where her chair was and wrapped my arms around her. "what do you got to lose? your job isn't keeping you there anymore. come on. I'd be extra clean and share my hairspray with you." I gave her my puppy eyes.
"alex..." she said before she looked I to my eyes. "fine."

I kissed her and picked her up. this was the happiest I'd been in months.
♠ ♠ ♠
starting to hit a writers block. if you have any ideas, just tell me!

thanks to all the readers & subscribers!