Status: Progress!

She's Worth It

No, no NO!

It was the first day of school and already there was trouble.
"Andii just put the skirt on! Maybe you could get a boyfriend this year," My grandma said. She'd been trying all morning to make me more "feminine" for school. Usually all I wore was jeans and any clean band shirt I had. I was my fathers son but everyone wanted me to be moms daughter.

"Gram I'm not wearing that, and besides it's time for me to go, I'll see you after school", I said heading for the door.
"Wait a sec I need to pray first", she said. I sighed, I had hoped this wasn't going happen and that she'd forget or something. She began praying, every day It was the same thing about being protected from the "evil homosexual demon" my grandma assumed my school was full of gays, what she didn't know was that I was one of them. My family was a great big group of homophobes, I so much as mention a gay kid and they went on about it being evil and threatening to kick me out if I ever turned gay. I hated my life.

When gram was done praying I headed out to school, we live right across the street so It was a pretty short walk. I went up to lockers where me and my best friend met everyday and hung out till the bell rang.
"Tomi!" I yelled once I saw her, "Schedule let me see?" She handed it to me and saw we had none of the same classes but did have the same lunch.
"No same classes but same lunch" she told me. Just then the bell rang we agreed to meet up for lunch then headed off to 1st period. My first class was algebra which I slept through, 2nd period yearbook which I had last year so, another nap and then third period art. I walked in and took a seat near the back, two girls walked up and tok the seats next to mine and started chatting. When the bell for class to start rang the teacher began her speech about what was expected for the year and shit like that, but then the door opened and a girl walked in looking lost and confused, the teahcer Ms.A looked at her schedule and directed the girl to take the seat in front of mine. She took her seat with a lot of noise, her back had tons of keychains and chains attached to it. Class continued as usual but towards the end the new girl turned and looked at me.
"Um hi my names Kirstin, um I was wondering if you knew where Mr.Stevens class is?" She asked. I took her schedule and looked at it.
"Yea I do, but you've got lunch first before you head there I've got his class to" I told her.I couldn't help but look into her blue eyes, they were so.. so..blue.
"Oh thanks, you have that lunch too? I could really use someone to help me understand this place" she said.
"Yea I'll show you around the lunch room and stuff" I told her.
"Great!" She said smiling, and deep down inside I felt trouble.