Status: Comment+Subscribes= <3 :)

Waste Away With Me

Breathe

I sat in the kitchen with Aunt Terri and Neil with Olive in my lap as I fed her some oat meal. Aunt Terri was busy cooking me breakfast even though I told her I had already had a bowl of cereal, according to her I was way to skinny.

"You know Neil can feed her Lana, you don't have to." Aunt Terri says as she sets a plate of bacon in front of me and Neil, I stare at it for a moment then going back to feeding Olive.

"I know, I just like to." I pushed my hair back out f my face, Neil looked at me kind of weird than returns to stuffing his face. Aunt Terri takes Olive out of my lap and puts her in a high chair, she begins feeding her the rest of her breakfast and motions for me to eat.

"Eat as much as you want." She says and smiles sweetly at me. Suddenly Neil asked me about school.

"What about it?" I ask as I eat a peice of bacon.

"You plan on finishing right?"

I shrug, "I don't know. School just seems so overrated doesn't it?" I was being sarcastic but he and Aunt Terri took me seriously.

"What do you plan on doing with your life?" He asked, then Terri added, "And how do you expect to acheive it without a high school education?"

"Dudes, relax! I was kidding! I only have like two months left it would be totally pointless to quit now!" I was in a good mood this morning for some reason, I just had a feeling that it was going to be a good day.

"Oh, Jesus, you scared me!" Terri says, holding a hand on her chest.

"Nah! I do with there was a way I could go to school without having to deal with other kids." I say honestly.

Neil chuckles, "Anti-social, eh?"

I nod, "Just a little bit. Plus most kids my own age are just so immature."

"Seventeen is a hard age, you're stuck between being a kid and an adult. You're one of the unlucky ones who were forced into being an adult." Terri says with a small, sad smile.

"We'll hire a tutor." Neil suggest, I smile.

"Thanks."

Terri's eyes light up, "Why don't I home school you? I only work part time, I'm off for the next month anyway."

"What do you do?" I ask her, trying to change the subject. I've never been comfortable with the talk of education and stuff like that, I don't know why.

"I'm a college professor."

"Oh wow, that's cool. I'm gonna go get dressed." I put my plate in the sink.

"We'll leave to go shopping in about an hour." She calls as I walk up the spiral stair case.

"Okay." I answer, when I get to my room I look through my small collection of clothes and picked out the only decent looking outfit I owned. I know hoped that Aunt Terri was serious when she said that she was going to buy me a new wardrobe.

I put on my clothes and put on the necklace my dad gave me when I was little, then a bracelet my best friend Jami gave me. I missed her a lot, I missed Mrs. Charles, damn I even missed my parents.

I pulled my hair up, letting some of it hang down in various places. When I looked in the mirror I didn't see either of my parents, I didn't look anything like either of them. As I stared at myself in the mirror I realized that I looked just like Terri. Almon shaped green eyes, heart shaped face, long insanely curly reddish-brown hair, and full lips were not traits that either of my parents had but that was exactly how Terri looked.

Plus both of my parents were tall and skinny, my mother was 5 ft 9in. and my dad was 6ft 3in. My mom was very skinny, with no curves and small breast. She was beautiful, most definitely model material. I was only 5ft 3in. and I was curvy with full breast, my body almost resembled that of Marilyn Monroe. My heart pounded as I came to this realization, all of my siblings looked exactly like my parents.

I walked down the stairs and tried to push the thought out of my mind, after all it was pretty absurd. Terri smiled as she looked me up and down, she looked beautiful. I wondered if I was as beautiful as her since I looked so much like her, her lips were painted red. Most people would've looked funny with their lips that red but it perfectly matched her olive complexion.

"Okay, are you ready to go?" She asked, studying my dazed expression curiously.

I nodded, not able to find any words that fit. I followed her outside silently, my only thought was how to bring it up to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long since I updated! Please still love me! Tell me what you think! Oh I also changed the layout! You like?