Status: Ongoing. Currently my only active story.

Hollow Mills Academy.

On the outside, Hollow Mills Academy seems exceedingly ordinary. It’s known as one of the top ranked private schools in the country, letting in an average of only a hundred students per year, throughout all four grade levels. But with the elite come the secrets.
The first groups of Protectors, a race made out of mutated genes, were created to watch over humans and keep them safe. The Originals eventually turned into witches in order to keep the race alive and the gene healthy and active.
Rumors of the Protectors spread among humans who took to calling them Angels and Gods. Though most saw them as being heavenly creatures, other believers saw them as a threat and thought they were to be killed off. Though it seemed impossible to kill them at the time, the truth eventually came out. The benefit of having powerful strength brought the downside.
Exceedingly strong or not, every creature needed to die to balance out nature, so the witches paired them up to another Protector. When two partners were near each other they were in their most vulnerable state. Able to be killed, and not quite able to kill. It was decided it would be safer for partners to be kept hidden from one another.
The means of secrecy about the fact that the Protectors only had one kryptonite had worked, and everything had been peaceful.
Until now.