Lily Baby.

Chapter 35

Frank’s POV

I stared at the nurse, my mouth agape, “Huh?”

She looked at me weirdly, “I’m sorry Mr Iero… the person you are referring to died today…”

I sat on the edge of Lily’s bed and rubbed my temples before looking at the empty stain where Mary once stood.

“Are y-you alright, Frankie?” Lily asked, tentatively, rubbing my arm gently.

“Y-yeah… I’m fine…” I said, mainly because I should be more concerned about Lily than myself. She nodded slowly and sank back into her bed, closing her eyes as she did so. I grabbed her small fragile hand.

“What happened?” I whispered as the nurse left us alone.

She barely opened her eyes as she replied, “I don’t know… one m-minute I-I was r-running, a-and the n-next I wasn’t…”

I nodded as she struggled to say what she meant. It scared me that her speech had deteriorated slightly but ignored it as we heard a knock on the door.

“Miss Way?” a doctor in his late thirties opened the door tentatively, looking at the pair of us as he entered, “Ah, you’re awake.”

She nodded briefly as he introduced himself as Dr Johnson. He shook my hand gently but Lily’s eyes were closed and she seemed to be ignoring us.

“Sorry, she’s probably a bit tired…” I apologised for her as he looked at her in annoyance. It wasn’t her fault she didn’t want to talk to him.

“That’s okay, anyway, I came to try and get some sense out of her but obviously she’s not cooperating…”

“What is it you want to know?” I asked, squeezing Lily’s fingers every now and then to insure she knew I was still there.

“Well, I wanted a detailed account of what she remembers of the incident, but I highly doubt someone like her would be capable of something like that,” he said brusquely.

“Excuse me?” I was outraged. Someone like her? “What are you implying?”

Don’t hit a doctor Frank… for the love of God. Do not hit a doctor…

“Well its not often you get an intelligent answer from people of Lily’s intelligence,” he replied.

“Look buddy, Lily doesn’t remember what happened okay? Just lay off, she’s obviously in a lot of pain…” I said, my fists clenched.

“Well, does she even remember anything about her attacker?”

“Attacker…?”
♠ ♠ ♠
CONGRATULATIONS TOASTY. FOR WINNING THE BANNER COMPETITION.
She gets my pretend prize :D
And, thank you to: We'll Carry On, Lucy_Goosey and Bella Muerte for judging the contest. I had nothing to do with the decision making process- kill them instead.

A very special shout out goes to xAxBeautifulxLiarx for sending me not one, not two but four banners all of an excellent standard and also for being lovely, bless her, i'm gonna think of something to give her as a reward... Seriously though, all of your entries were absolutely excellent and i'm overwhelmed by the talent of my readers. I was really scared I'd upset you all but I will keep my promise and I will post all of the banners I recieved in this story once I've decided how to format it, I'll probably put them in author's notes or something... And, who knows, maybe I'll do a banner competition for the sequel :D I'll keep you posted.

Comments? Sorry it's such a terrible chapter. More later today I think...