Only Curious

Chapter Two.

"Holy shit, this is delicious. What do you call this again?" Carrie asked, leaning against the bar with Kyle's newest potion in hand. The colour green that was presented made me dislike it at first glance and Kyle needed someones opinion so I thought Carrie would be a suitable tester.

"It doesn't really have a name. I just kind of made it. We had leftover rum and food colouring I stole from Vanessa's cupboard." Kyle explained.

I gaped at him and shoved his shoulder, "That's where my food colouring went!"

"You know you should put this on the menu," Carrie said, "I'd totally-" She stopped at the sound of the classic piano piece the Entertainer.

She happily answered the call, "Hey Babe," She set the green concoction on the bar, "Alright, I'll be there soon." And she hung up.

I glanced at her, "The Entertainer?" I said with a smile.

"Mike wanted to have a personal ring tone on my phone and he insisted it. And Scott Joplin is a genius. He's the reason we have pop music today." She winked, "See yeah!" And she walked out.

"I like her." Kyle said with a nod.

Image

It's been almost a week since I walked into the Bridgestone Arena and Kyle said that Carrie hasn't come by for a drink since then. I decided that it was most likely a one time thing. I should of gotten her autograph while I was at it. I'm sure I'd get a few bucks online.

"Thanks for coming in today. We've been down ever since Jason quit." Kyle said as I tied my apron around my waist.

"Ah, no problem. Overtime means more money and less time with my roommate." I joked, giving Kyle a thumbs up.

I wouldn't say I hate my roommate. Hate is a very passionate, strong, immense word. I prefer to say that I wouldn't mind stabbing her in the face. She's the kind of person who gets by with her daddy's paycheck and the gifts from her many lovers. She chose the word lover, not me.

"Hey look, it's Carrie!" Kyle pointed at one of the TVs in the corner with Carrie jumping with her arms up in a box seat as Mike landed a few uppercuts.

"Look at Underwood, cheering him on. That was quite the game." The sportscaster said, "I like her enthusiasm. On the other hand, the star of the game, Pekka Rinne. Whatta guy. This is his third shutout of the season and some great saves. Oh goodness!" A collection of the goalie's saves replayed across the screen.

My attention was redirected when the doors banged against the door stoppers on the wall as they opened wide, "Drinks on me to celebrate the win and Mike's successful fight!" Carrie screamed.

I could help but laugh as I watched Carrie lead a group of tall, muscular men to the bar.

"Drinks on you means drinks on me." Fisher said with a huff.

Carrie smirked, "Same thing."

I rested my elbows on the bar, "Alright, what'll it be?"

Carrie smiled, "The usual," She said casually.

Mike rested his arm around her shoulders and eyed her, "You've been here before? I haven't even heard of this place."

"That's assuring!" Kyle waved his hand as he walked by.

"Alright, that's one Green Goblin," I glanced at everyone else, "and..?"

"Just a beer each for the rest of us."

I quickly counted and grabbed twenty-two beers from the cooler and got started on Carrie's drink.

"So Kyle decided with Green Goblin?" Carrie asked as she watched me make the drink.

"Yeah, Green Lantern wasn't cool enough." I joked.

"Oh, I remember you now! You're that girl who fell asleep in Bridgestone!" Geoffrion said, pointing a finger at me.

I was about to counter him when the TV went a tad loud, probably because Weber was turning up the volume, "Let's get back to Rinne. Now this guy is on fire!" The same sportscaster said, making everyone cheer, "This guy was second to Timmy Thomas in the Vezina award last season and I would bet a note that this guy will win it for himself this year." The guy on the TV slammed his finger down to the desk.

I slid a Tequila Sunrise to the guy getting pats on the back who I assumed was Rinne, "On the house." I said.

"I just heard someone say on the house!" I heard Kyle yell from the back, "I'm the house! Nothing is on the house."

"On me." I corrected sarcastically.

"Thanks," He smiled with his pearly whites.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi guys. dontcha love it? lawls jk. idk if you like it. but please tell me if you do.
the more loves the more chappters~! LOL. i feel like a little girl.