Status: Completed! Check out the sequel! (:

I Never Told You That I Can't Take Another Disappointment

"I've been away for a long time such a long time And I miss you there."

I stared at Ben from the little stage in the coffee shop. I bit my bottom lip as the chords droned into the sound of the rain from the open front door. His support made me smile. He didn’t want that life for me but he was still at every gig I had.

I sang,” I guess that’s why they say every rose has its thorn. Just like every night has its dawn. Just like very cowboy sings a sad sad song. Every rose has its thorn.”

I never once took my eyes off of him. You always here to never look at your friends because they’ll probably make you laugh but Ben was always the one to keep me from getting nervous. After I got done performing he made his way up to the stage and escorted me out of the coffee shop.

We stepped out into the pouring rain letting laughter escape from our lips. The littlest things in our lives were milestones. We had a memory literally all over this city. He pushed my lightly underneath a little piece of cover from the rain and shook his head.

The water from his hair got all over me so I pushed him back into the rain. I grabbed his shirt before he fell onto the street and I pulled him into a kiss. He pulled my whole body closer to him. When we stopped kissing he stated loudly over the rain,” When my band gets somewhere and we make some money. You and I, are going to get married. Then we can travel the world together. Me playing guitar for a world famous band, and you being my wife.”

I smirked,” Oh. I’m just your wife? No aspirations for me.”

He smiled against the rain drops on his face,” You’re my family Alexandria, always were and always will be.”

Despite him avoiding the subject we fought about, I let it go after hearing his statement. We WERE each other’s family and we would support each other no matter where life takes us….


The sound of Ben dropping the guitar woke me from memory lane but our lips still had yet to leave the others. Sure what we had talked about when we were eighteen never happened but we were given a second chance to try again. No matter where life had taken us, we were brought back together.

I felt light headed as we unlocked lips. The look on his face was priceless. It was joy and shock and happiness all in one. I wiped the last tear that fell and I found myself smiling. I blinked a few times and looked up at him through my eyelashes. He smirked,” I can’t tell if I should be sorry for that. But I’m not sorry.”

I was still kind of speechless. I wasn’t sorry either. Kissing him reminded me of so many good times. I hadn’t had this feeling in a long time. Ben got off the table and helped me off too. He motioned towards my bag,” What is that?”

I replied,” More clothes.”

He arched his eyebrow,” Planning on staying the night?”

I looked around embarrassed. He smiled,” You can if you want. I won’t mind. I mean it’s been forever and…”

He seemed more nervous than I did. I cleared my throat,” I just brought them cause I wanted to hang out with you, I didn’t care how long I was here for.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww (: