Status: completed!

You're a Superhero

you protect the tribe from monsters like them

I quietly shut my door, dropping my jacket on the floor and ran to my bed. I cried into my pillow, hugging the bear that Paul gave me for my birthday a few months back.

I couldn’t understand how Paul got so mad… was it because he was scared? Couldn’t he just hold me, and tell me how scared he was, instead of just yelling at me? He never shouted at me like that before. I sniffled and turned my head to stare at the picture of Paul and me on my dresser. It just made me break down in sobs again. Closing my eyes I squeezed out the fresh tears.

The day I almost die, is the first time Paul made me cry. Shaking my head, I cursed him silently. Of course this doesn’t change the way I feel, I’ll always love him, wolf or not.

With a sigh, I stood up to grab a pair of pajama bottoms, and Paul’s old shirt. I walked out of my room and to the bathroom to change. Now comfy in my pajamas, I looked in the mirror and groaned. My eyes were puffy from crying, my hair ratty and my nose red from wiping it. I sighed as I looked down at my right arm, it was purple and blue. That vampire sure has a grip, I thought wincing as I pressed a finger against it.

With a shake of my head I moved to wash my face and comb my hair, once that was finished I walked back to my room. When I closed my door, I looked at my window silently debating whether I should unlock it or keep it locked—just in case Paul was going to come. Before I took a step I froze, what if another cold one came? What if—no… I shook the thought away; the protectors would be on high alert. So despite my previous worries, I continued to the window to unlock it.

I crawled into my bed, snuggling into my covers with my back was to the wall, and my teddy bear in my arms. Staring at the picture, my eyes stung as tears started to well up again. I couldn’t stop thinking about him. The look on his face when I asked Quil to walk me back home, I didn’t like it.

I had asked Quil because I wasn’t dumb enough to walk home alone without protection (now that I know the truth). I wanted someone I was close with and someone who wasn’t mad at me. And I also knew that he would answer my questions.

Quil explained how Paul was the only one in the pack who had less control of his anger, and has always been volatile since his first shift. But when I came into the picture he calmed down. It was when their natural enemy, the vampire, hurt me that triggered the old anger he had. He also explained that his anger took over any emotion he had and that he’ll be tearing himself a new one for hurting me in the process.

What made me upset was the fact that I’ve never seen this side of Paul before, and I ended up being the receiving end of it. Girlfriend or not, he should have told me about his anger before I got anymore close to him.

I cursed at myself, I was still angry at Paul… but I still wanted him to come and check on me. But he hasn’t, and I’m beginning to think that he won’t. I was the one that walked away, but the stubbornness inside of me was saying that he should be the one to apologize.

The one thing that I was more upset about… was the fact that he never told me about being a wolf, but I guess I could understand that part. It’s not normal for someone to be able to shape shift into a wolf to protect their tribe. So maybe he was scared of my reaction? I don’t know…

Image


I ended up crying myself to sleep, because when I opened my eyes I saw Paul lying beside me. Just seeing him lying there… I felt tears building. When I sniffed, Paul’s arm around me tightened and his eyes snapped open. His sleepy expression changed when he saw me, he looked worried, and then sad.

I covered my mouth when I let out a sob. A pained expression came upon Paul’s face. “Oh baby…” He murmured before cupping the back of my head to pull me closer. Burying my head in his chest, I continued to cry. He rubbed my back and held me tighter, letting out a shaky breath.

I’m so happy he came but it hurts to look at him, knowing that he lied to me, and the way he yelled at me. I shook my head at my conflicted emotions.

“Sam, please-” His voice told me that he was hurting, just as much as I was. I loved him so much, and just seeing him so angry earlier… I don’t want either of us to be that angry at each other again. I didn’t want him to be that worried over me, so worried that it turned him angry. I probably should have just called him and told him that I didn’t have a way to get to Emily’s. We were both at fault here. He, because he could have handled the situation better, and I just didn’t think.

If I had called him, I wouldn’t have had that life threatening encounter with that damn vampire. And I wouldn’t have been crying if he didn’t direct his anger toward me. But when I woke up to see him lying there beside me, I knew that he was just so worried about me. I don’t think that he had so much fear in him before, and that alone scared him.

Maybe fate got frustrated with Paul for taking so long to tell me about this about him, so it threatened my life. A part of me hoped that it slapped him in the face. It was not cool; I almost died for God’s sake.

“Please, don’t cry.” His voice wobbled and that shocked me. It was a whisper, and that alone made it sound like he was about to break down. He ran his hand through my hair, cupping the back of my neck. I felt him lean back and kiss my forehead. “I’m sorry, I’m so fucking sorry. I don’t want to be the reason you’re crying.”

Oh jeez. I shook my head, “No, I’m sorry.” I pulled back only to press my lips together when they quivered; his eyes were now red and shining with tears. Paul is prideful, and strong… I did not think I would ever see him like this! “Don’t, please don’t.” I said, referring to him crying. “I should have called you. If I did then we’d be ok-”

“We are ok!” His quiet reply was harsh, and immediately his expression crumbled. “We are ok, baby. I’m sorry, I- I was just so damn worried about you. I almost lost-” His lips trembled, stopping him mid-sentence. The way he struggled to talk caused my heart to ache. I reached up and grabbed a hold of his strong jaw, stroking the pad of my thumb along his cheek. “I almost lost you today…”

I bit my lip to stop it from wobbling, but couldn’t stop the sob. “You didn’t though. You saved me!”

He moved his head in a slow, hesitate nod, and pulled me in to lay his chin on my head. He was trying to keep steady, as he let out staggering breaths. I sniffled, snuggling closer. We laid there in calm silence, until he pulled back and pressed his lips against mine in a gentle kiss. “I’m so glad you’re alive… I never want to lose you. Especially when you don’t know that I love you.” His expression soft, as his coffee colored eyes stared into mine. “I do… I love you so much.”

It happened. He just told me that he feels the same. I felt my eyes sting with tears. I didn’t hesitate to kiss him. I relaxed against him, and sighed against his mouth when he immediately returned the kiss. My stomach flooded with butterflies, and my mind went hazy. Oh, the effect that he had on me. “I love you.” I mumbled against his lips. His body eased against mine.

This is the worst and best night of my life.

He pecked my lips twice, before he pulled me back in his arms. I sighed in content, and sniffed. As Paul held me against his soft, hard chest, wrapped in his (abnormally high) body heat, I decided that it was a spot I never wanted to leave. I sniffed again. Ugh, but I had to leave my piece of heaven to blow my stupid nose. With a groan, I pushed myself up so I was sitting.

I looked down at Paul, his head lying on my teal covered pillow. He looked up at me with new eyes, his hand playing with the ends of my hair. I touched his cheek, rubbing my thumb over the area I felt. Licking my lips, I searched for the box of kleenex I usually kept in my room. I spotted it on the floor among the clutter of school books in front of the bedside table.

Pulling my hand away from his face, I gestured to the box. “Can you pass me a few?” He turned and looked over his shoulder. Leaning back, his arm outstretched reaching to pull a couple of tissues out before turning back to hand them over.

I blew my nose, and groaned. I hate having a runny nose. When I lifted my hand and tossed the used tissue, my arm flexed and I winced in pain. I didn’t even care that I missed the trash can, the memory of my bruised arm was fresh. Paul stiffened beside me. I looked at him to see his gaze focused on my blue and purple arm.

I hate that vampire, I’m so glad he’s forever dead. I breathed in, trying not to cry. My face felt warm, my eyes felt sore… I needed to stop crying before I get a headache.

Lifting my good arm to run a hand through my hair, I sniffled and pouted at Paul. He looked away from my bruised arm, his narrowed eyes softening when his eyes landed on my mouth. I was happy that Paul told me he loved me, I was still afraid of and angry at the vampire, I was also still a hurt from the earlier spat with Paul.

“Aw, my baby… I’m sorry.” He whined, pulling me with him to lie back down. He brought me into his arms, cuddling me. Just like when he was a wolf, he nuzzled my neck and breathed in my scent. I could tell he was trying to gain control of his emotions. He nudged my forehead with his chin, and when I looked up he caught my lips in a soft kiss. Kissing him wiped my mind, and caused my heartbeat to skip. He moved his kissing along my face, my jaw to my cheek, my nose, and finally my forehead.

He laid his forehead against mine, his eyes closed as he took careful breaths. When he calmed himself down, he moved away and we continued to lie there not saying a word. The only sound was the ticking of the clock in the living room and our breathing.

Paul’s eyes shifted to my arm. I sighed, and stared at him. I was glad that I was lying on my left side, and didn’t have any pressure on my right arm. I didn’t say anything, but continued to watch Paul and his facial expressions. At first he had a flat look, and then little by little he tensed up. His mouth twitched, almost in a snarl. His eyes narrowed. And when he brought my arm to get a closer look, he started to shake.

I leaned forward and kissed along his jawline, he relaxed into the bed. “I swear… if I could I’d bring that vampire back to life and kill him again.” He whimpered slightly, my heart ached when his eyes filled with tears. Instinctively I moved closer to him. “I hate that he hurt you. I’m sorry I didn’t get there sooner-”

“Shh…” I murmured. I pressed my lips against his, silencing him. “It’s ok… I’m ok. My arm isn’t broken, just a little bruised.”

“I still don’t like it.” His voice thick with pain, he continued, “Sammy, you have no idea how I felt. I was so scared, so scared that I wouldn’t reach you on time. I never had that fear in me before. And I didn’t know how to handle it. I got mad at you, and I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

My heart hurt, I was still a bit upset about that… but hearing him talk with his eyes watering upset me more. I didn’t want to interrupt him, so I just let him talk.

“I never want to lose you. Just the thought of it...” He shook his head and swallowed, his jaw clenched. He breathed through his teeth, “I never... just the thought-”

I silenced him with a heated kiss. He leaned into it, and sighed as the tension washed off his body. He moved his lips against mine in a steady rhythm, his mouth opening mine to deepen the kiss. I hummed when his tongue briefly touched mine. He pulled back, his teeth tugging my bottom lip. I pulled away, shaking my head my lips brushing his. I mumbled against him, “Don’t think about it.”

“Baby… you do know me.” He mumbled, pecking my lips once more. He was talking about my earlier comment when we were fighting, when I said that I didn’t know him, because I didn’t know about his wolf. “You do know me. I’m still me… I’m still your Paul.”

My lips curled in a gentle smile, my heart fluttered at those words and the fact that it was his voice saying it. “You’ll always be my Paul.”

Image


We didn’t move from the bed as minutes passed. Paul kept me close to him, occasionally kissing me here and there. I guessed that it was his silent way to tell me he was glad I was alive.

I finally stopped crying and sniffling, thank God. I brought my good arm and cupped his chin, rubbing his jaw with my thumb. My attention shifted when Paul lifted my right arm and started leaving gentle kisses along the blue and purple spots. I breathed out when I remembered our phone conversation before the incident.

“Paul?”

“Hm…” He hummed in response.

I nibbled on my bottom lip, “What did you need to tell me?” Was he going to tell me about him being able to turn into a wolf? Or was it something else?

“Huh?” He put my arm on his side to hold him, and shifted closer to me. He leaned back against the pillows, turning his head to face me. He brought his thumb up and tugged my lip from my teeth.

“On the phone… you said that you needed to tell me something.” I mumbled against his thumb.

He was quiet for a moment, and then his eyes caught mine. “Sam, I just want you to know that I planned on telling you about me, about the pack… about us being able to shift into wolves a lot sooner. I swear. I was just- I didn’t want you to look at me any differently.” His eyes shifted away from mine, and placed his hand on my waist. He started running his hand up and down, his gaze following.

I pulled away from him, shocked. “You knew how I felt about the tribe legends. I wouldn’t have looked at you any different.” Okay, that might’ve been a lie. I would have looked at him in a whole new light, a positive light. He was a warrior. It was incredible, the idea of it all. It was like from movies, or books… or something.

But… he didn’t see it the way I did. I frowned when he let out a harsh breath. He swallowed. “It’s just- I hate it. I never wanted to become this, I’m a monster!”

He said ‘this’ in a disgusted tone. I shook my head, “No, don’t think like that! You’re not a monster. A monster is that- that stupid vampire, a dead-living thing that sucks the blood out of people. You and the rest of the… er- wolf pack?” I questioned, not knowing what to call them, “—are not like that, you protect us. You protect the tribe from monsters like them.”

He was still looking away from me, ashamed. I shifted, bringing my hand up to his face, gripping his chin forcing him to look at me. “Paul…” I grinned, “You’re a superhero.”

He snapped his gaze at me, his eyebrows raised, amusement swimming to the surface. When he saw how serious I was, he laughed—though he was careful with the volume. He beamed at me, and leaned in to kiss me. I sighed into his mouth, kissing him back. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into me, deepening the kiss. He shifted so he hovered above me, opening my mouth with his. My heart pounded when he groaned into my mouth when his tongue met mine. I smiled, nipping his lip and leaned further into the pillow, pulling away.

I couldn’t stop the blush warming my cheeks when I saw the way he looked at me. Like I amazed him, and had him wrapped around my finger, and he wouldn’t have it any other way. I shifted my eyes downward, and mentally shook my head when he smiled at the action. He leaned forward to give me a soft kiss. He mumbled an ‘I love you.’

I mumbled a ‘so much’ against his lips. Rubbing my nose against his, he pecked my lips once before pulling away. I glared at him, with a small smile. “So... you were going to tell me about the legend being real?”

He nodded with a huff. “Yeah… I was. I swear that I was.” He stopped to think of something, and I saw him run his tongue over his teeth and shifted his eyes. He was nervous. He always looked away when he was nervous. “Do you remember the part of legends, about the wolves having soul-mates… called Imprints?”

I sucked in a breath, ok, calm down… stay calm. I breathed out, and nodded in response. Licking over my lips, I waited.

“Well… you’re mine.” He scanned my face, before focusing on my eyes. He smiled. “You’re my soul-mate; my imprint. And I was also planning to tell you that I love you, but I already did that.”

I was tearing up again, but this time it was for something positive. “I don’t mind hearing it again.” I grinned up at him. He brushed away the fallen tear and kissed me.

“I love you.”

“You’re such an ass.”

He pulled away from my lips, laughing. I smacked his chest lightly, “Why didn’t you tell me this sooner!”

“I’m sorry, sweetheart.” He grinned down at me, his eyes glinting. “But now you know that I love you.”

I hummed and leaned up, my lips just brushing against his, “I love you too.” I whispered against his lips, he growled before pressing his lips against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there, it's finally done!

Happy (early) Birthday Sam! (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥
I love you and I really hope that you liked this. Have a wonderful day! xoxo

I hope you guys enjoyed it!
Comment!
edited: Dec 4, 2014