Status: End. Completed.

That Crazy Cheapskate is Mine!

chapterOne: Far house on the left

He stood still in the backyard, with eyes fixed on the bushes of flowers admiring the beauty of the orchard and soon shifted them to the tiny bridge connecting a mini waterway to the beautiful lake. Sometimes a place where you can find peace, even though it was just simplicity, was where your heart belongs. He knew this very peace was what he desired, and he knew this was the place he wished to call home. His moments of peace were broken by a firm but feminine voice asking, “What do you think, Mr. Anderson?”

“This house is perfect…” he agreed.

And so, paperwork were signed, terms and agreements were agreed, the house were placed under his name – Eric Anderson. Just as she was about to leave, a soft knock on the door alarmed the agent, and she excused herself from Eric to answer the door.

“Hi, I’m Alley, Alley West. Is Ms. Perkins here? Her assistant said I could find her here…” asked a woman of about 5’3 tall who just entered the door. She had a long brunette wavy hair with fair skin, looked elegance in her white coat and mini skirt. She stretched her hand out to shake hands with a woman before her.

“Hi, Ms. West. I’m Angelina Perkins…” The agent smiled as she shook her hand.

“Yes of course,” Alley agreed. “I have an appointment with Wallace today, but the office said he is on leave at the moment. That’s why I needed to see his authorized party…”

“I’m sorry Ms. West, but Wallace is in a comma, he had an accident yesterday,” Angelina said as her expression turned gloom. Obviously, Alley was staggered but she expressed her regret in a way. Angelina shook her head and wondered, “Well, what can I do for you Ms. West?”

“Oh yes, yesterday Wallace and I just settled the documents. He said he would meet today to give me the keys and the full authorization to the house I just bought, so I assume you will take charge on that,” she said.

“Yes, of course, let’s have a seat,” she brought her to the living room where Eric was waiting.

Eric stood up, and shook her hand. A smile appeared on his face as he saw the beautiful lady before him. Any man would do the same if they saw her for the first time, and of course they won’t deny the beauty in her face. He cleared her throat and introduced himself, “Hi, I’m Eric, Eric Anderson.”

“Of course you are. I’ve heard so much about you. Big man with big money and big heart,” she stated as she smiled.

“Awe, people said that about me? I should give them something to show my appreciation,” he awed as he lingered in the compliment. The pure smile changed to forceful smile as she locked a glare on him. He swiftly asked her name.

“Alley, Alley West, pleasure to meet you,” she said.

“Alley West! You’re the Alley West?! I’ve heard about you… The ch…” he stopped.

“The ch…?” she repeated, hoping to hear the end of it.

“You know what, I maybe was just thinking of somebody else,” he said, defending himself of his mistake.

“Oh yeah, then let me give you something to think about…” she said pulling up her sleeves.

“O…Kay… Let’s get back to business…” Angelina stopped the arguments before it start. She pulled out a portfolio from her briefcase. She handed them to Alley, and asked her, “Here, these are the collections of the cottages here in this town. Have you selected which cottage you interested in?”

“I believe you misunderstood me, I have settled everything with Wallace, for this very cottage we’re in,” she explained. She pulled out a document from her handbag and handed it to her. Angelina accepted the document, looked all over it, page by page and line by line, she cleared her throat.

“What does she mean by that?” Eric interrupted.

“It means I owned this house,” Alley stated.

“You can’t own this house,” Eric assumed.

“Actually she can, its here on the paper…” she showed him the paper stating the same ownership he had just a few minutes ago. Alley leaned closer to Eric and the paper in his hand. With a slight smirk and nodded, she said, “Oh yes, actually she can…”

“I’m sorry, Mr. Anderson, it seems like Wallace haven’t got the chance to give the copy of this paper to me yesterday…” Angelina apologized, “Let me make it up to you, let me offer you another cottage, see if you’re interested…”

“No, I’ve visited all the cottages here and only this one has the feel,” he said, “Why didn’t you offer this young lady here another cottage?”

“Oh no! I’ve visited all of the cottages here myself and this one is the CHEAPEST!” Alley interrupted and she emphasized them.

“See this cottage here, it’s almost the same price as this one…” he said, showing her the portfolio. Eric even offered to pay the remaining of the payment and asked her to pay just the same price as the cottage. No words could express the anger in her mind when he offered.

“You buy it if you’re so RICH!” she enraged, “I’m taking this house!”

“Why does it matter?” he asked.

“Why does it matter so much to you?”

“Because I love this place, it’s where I want to be,” he said calmly, “Don’t you ever feel that when you’re in a place, you know it’s where you belong.”

“I know that, that’s why I wanted it too. What is he? A mind-reader?” she muttered.

“What did you say, my lady?” he wondered, though he clearly heard what she just mumbled, he couldn’t understand why he was keen to tease her.

“I am suing.”

“What?” Eric raised his voice, repeated by the agent who has been in silent for quite a while now. The agent was anxious now, thinking the best way to redeem the angered beast. Eric took a deep breath, exhaled slowly as he wrapped his arms around Alley’s shoulder and offered a bargain, “You wouldn’t want that, you’ll be WASTING your MONEY if you do.”

Alley locked a killer glare to the guy, thinking of the righteous in his words. She wouldn’t want to waste money on unsure things that she might or might not be satisfied. Still looking at the guy, she said, “I’m suing YOU!”

“Me? What did I do?” he asked.

“You…” she stopped, thinking of the best thing to argue with him. Suing a guy for wrapping his arms around her shoulder will make her the biggest fool of herself.

“You wouldn’t want to WASTE MONEY on fighting me, don’t you…” he said, winking to her.

“So if you’re so clever, any suggestion on how to solve this problem?” she mocked.

“Well, they have THREE rooms here,” he smirked, looking slyly to her.

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“Let’s live together?” he took a shot.

“WHAT!” She raised her voice, wondering what was resting in the head of the man before her.

“As roommate?” he asked again.

“Are you out of your mind?” she mocked. She pointed her finger to herself and changed her voice, “I planned to stay here, and live with my future husband and family!”

“So, are you married? Involved with anyone?” he asked.

“No,” she said, “Not that its any of your business. NO, I’m not involved with anyone.”

“Who knows you might be marrying me tomorrow…” he muttered.

“WHAT?” she asked.

“I said who knows I might find some other place tomorrow…” he smiled.

“Why not look for one now?” she asked.

“It’s raining. I don’t want to go from one place to another, soaking wet. Unless…” he stopped, giving them a moment to look out the window watching the very evidence of his statement. He knew Alley wouldn’t want to waste the money for the dry cleaning and not long after he shrewdly gazed into her eyes. Alley noticed that her heart skipped a beat as she drowned into his eyes. Then he continued, “…you wanted to pay for my dry cleaning, just as a gesture for me giving up the place.”

Alley shook her head, realizing the moment of silence between them, after a while, she agreed, “Fine! It’s just for tonight!”

He smiled in satisfaction, leading the innocent agent out the door.

***


Alley walked down the stairs to get some water when she saw him lying on the couch. There was a peaceful expression on his face, so peaceful that she couldn’t take her eyes off him. She just realized that he had long eyelashes and a very long and pointy nose, not leaving the healthy lips, clean from smoking. She was lost in this beautiful being resting before her. Not to her conscious, she was just few centimeters away from him. She shook her head and headed to the kitchen. A smile appeared on the guy’s face, and gently he lifted his eyelids open, sitting on the couch.

She was surprised when she saw him, looking right at her. She poured another glass of water and offered him. She sat beside him, and smiled mockingly as she offered, “I’ve been thinking…”

“Yes?” he asked.

She took a deep breath, exhaled heavily and she finally said, “Stay…”

“Sorry,, I thought I heard you say STAY” he wondered, hoping he heard her correctly.

“Just stay… I know you love this place as much as I do,” she said, “I was just surprised this afternoon that I lost my temper…”

“And…?”

“Look, you agree with the offer or not?”

“What do you want in return?”

“How do you know I was going to add condition to the offer?”

“I’m in the business for a long time, honey. I know the road well enough,”

“Fine, here’s the drill!” She shoved a piece of paper printed lots of wordings to his face. He widened his eyes, staring sharply on the paper, reading every line. He exchanged his vision to the paper and to her simultaneously. After a long thought, he exhaled.

“Fine!” he agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope it's not very long of a chapter. This chapter is a bit dull since it's a beginning, the first meet up, cliche stuff. lol
Please tell me what you think about it.
Thanks for reading! <3