Status: active.

Harmonies

Eight.

Arabella rubbed her eyes and forehead. She was so tired but Lennox had got her up and insisted she feed him something. Eight hours later, the four hours of sleep that she had gotten was completely wasted. Making dinner was not an option. Mondays just weren't her day.

Steven Regly called her everyday at around five o' clock. She never answered. After her encounter with Ben, she had not even thought of Steven. He only crossed her mind when he called. Arabella smiled thinking back to that night. He hadn't even known her name and yet he still left his number in her book. She looked up from her thoughts when Lennox giggled and clapped his hands together.

He had been obsessed with watching television since he had got there. Their mother had obviously been more interested in finding money for drugs rather than a television bill. Although, she wasn't sure that was why Lennox was now in her care. That was yet another thing she had yet to do. She didn't want to read the file and relive all of the terrible times from her childhood.

By six o' clock, Lennox was begging her to go get pizza. "Pizza!" he screamed over and over, parading around the apartment and clinging onto Arabella's leg. He had his back turned toward her as he marched around the couch. The girl smiled as an idea popped into her head. Running to where he was and scooping him up, she held him against her side like a football while she went to her bedroom. Lennox was screaming with laughter as she put him on the bed.

"Again! Again!" he said, laughing. His eyes were twinkling. Arabella looked over his appearance. There was a sauce stain on his yellow shirt from lunch earlier, but his jeans were still clean. Digging through her drawers, she pulled out a blue long-sleeve shirt and a matching hat only big enough for the little boy.

Picking up her cell phone, she found her book in the mess of her bedroom and dialed the number on the front page. "Hello?" Ben's deep voice answered.

"Hey, this is Bella. You know, the pianist from your dad's party the other day?" She hoped he still remembered who she was.

"Oh, hey. Decided to call, huh?"

Arabella, hearing the smirk in his voice and the boost of confidence, smiled a little. She liked that. "Yeah. I just wanted to know if you wanted to meet me and Lennox for some pizza."

"Pizza!" Lennox shouted again.

The brunette pinched the phone between her shoulder and ear. Benjamin laughed on the other end of the call. "Of course. I'd love to. I'll pick you up?" She pulled a pair of jeans out of her closet, setting them on the bed as she listened.

"No, I'll meet you there. Lennox has to sit in a car seat and everything. How does Brooklyn Joe's sound in about thirty minutes?"

"Fantastic. I'll see you there, Bella." The phone clicked. Throwing it to her bed, Arabella focused on getting dressed with an outfit approved by her little brother.