Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

Counting all the scars you made.

The drive home was silent although his hand stayed linked with mine which at least proved he wasn't mad at me over something.

Once inside his apartment he threw his keys on the table and I watched him as he let out a sigh and fell onto the couch.

"Kennedy." I said softly as I sat in his lap. His eyes hit mine and I brought my hand to his hair, "What's wrong?" I asked yet again.

"Nothing really."

"You're lying."

"Maybe I am."

"Kennedy!"

He breathed in before speaking and I just stared at him patiently waiting.

"I hate feeling like I'm competing with Garrett."

"Why do you feel like that?" I asked seriously and he shrugged, "I just do. Your parents love him, you two know each other so much better and I don't know." He mumbled.

"My parents have always liked you."

"It's not the same, Cass. I know they do."

I sighed and kissed his cheek, "Who cares, Kennedy? I love you."

"I love you too..."

"Then there's nothing else to say."

He shrugged, "I just think there needs to be some boundaries between you and Garrett..."

"What do you mean?" I asked seriously and he shrugged, "The way you two act...I don't know."

I narrowed my eyes at him and I honestly felt myself growing a bit mad at him.

"So, since we are together it makes you uncomfortable although we've acted this way for years?" I asked standing up from the couch.

He sighed, "You're mad."

"Mhm, what made you think that? The fact that you don't want me near my best friend anymore or something else?"

He groaned, "Come on Cass, that isn't what I said."

"I'm not going to watch every move I make around him, Kennedy. We do nothing wrong."

"Really? So you'd be ok if I was all up on some girl?!"

"Um, this is different. Garrett is your friend too and I don't like him like that! You act like we molest each other!"

"Forgive me for not wanting my girlfriend all up on someone else!" He said loudly and I rolled my eyes, "Oh stop being stupid! It's Garrett! You act like it's a stranger! Ugh! Whatever, I'm leaving." I said grabbing my phone up quickly.

"You rode with me." He said calmly and I shrugged, "I'll just call Garrett apparently." I responded throwing the jacket he got me into his lap.

He rolled his eyes, "Come on Cass, don't be like this."

"You started it." I said grabbing my purse from the table.

"Mature."

I stifled a laugh, "of course." I responded stomping to the door and leaving without saying anything else.

I instantly dialed Garrett's number and he answered as cheerful as I wish I was since it was still Christmas.

"Hey princess, what's up?" He said and I instantly felt my chest tighten.

"Where are you?"

"John's. Cassie, what's wrong?" He asked his tone changing immediately.

"Never mind I'll call Pat..."

"No, no. Cassidy, what is it?"

"Nothing. I just...."

"Come here. Where are you?"

"Kennedy's."

"Want me to come pick you up?"

"Don't be stupid. It's right down the road."

"I don't want you walking. It's cold..."

"I'll be fine. See you in a minute." I responded before hanging up and I started walking to John's. I couldn't get over how Kennedy acted. As much as I loved him I don't think I was willing to push everyone aside for him. It wasn't fair.

Once I reached John's house I didn't even have to knock more than once before the door flew open revealing Garrett looking as worried as ever.

"Cass..." he spoke and I quickly threw my arms around him.

"What happened, princess?" He asked softly rubbing my back as he dragged me into the house.

I shook my head burying my face into his shirt as he pulled me down onto the couch.

"Cassie..." he whispered brushing my hair back.

"Kennedy sucks."

He chuckled, "Could've told you that. What did he do?"

"He doesn't want me hanging out with you."

I felt him stiffen beneath me and I looked up at him.

"What? Why?" He finally asked and I shrugged, "He thinks we're too friendly I guess."

"Well you are." John said from his seat where he was playing a video game.

"No we are not. Plus, we've been the way we are forever!" Garrett said defensively.

"Hey, don't get mad at me. I know. I'm just saying, I can see why others would think differently."

"He's not others. He's been around us forever also."

"Just saying..."

Garrett sighed and looked down at me, "What do you want to do about it?"

"I don't know..." I whispered and he kissed my forehead, "Should we just, I don't know, not spend time together as much?"

I frowned, "No. We shouldn't have to! Kennedy needs to stop being stupid!"

"Maybe I can talk to him." John said.

"Thanks dad."

He chuckled, "who knew I'd be the logical one..."

"Not me." Garrett responded.

"Yeah, yeah. Well, guess I'll spread more christmas joy and go get it over with. Be back. Don't have sex on my couch. Never mind, close friends don't do that do they?" He asked with a smirk and Garrett glared at him causing him to laugh as he left.

Garrett's eyes shifted back to me and he gave me a grin, "Don't worry. It'll be fine. I'm flattered I mean so much to you though."

"Of course you do, Gar."

He smiled and kissed my cheek, "You mean just as much to me Cassie, I promise. Enough for me to tell Kennedy to shove it."

I chuckled and he pulled me to him, "hoes before bros..." he joked.

"I'm not a hoe..."

"Too bad..."

I glared at him and he laughed, "Kidding. I like you how you are."

"Thanks Bruno Mars..."

"When I see your faceee..." he sang and I started laughing.

"At least I made you laugh." He said with a grin as he brought his hand to my cheek.

"He'll apologize. He's not stupid."

I shrugged and he smiled, "If he lets you go that easily he doesn't deserve you, Cass."

I laid against his arm and he stared down at me, "If he doesnt, I'll gladly take his place." He whispered.

I just stared back at him unsure what to say to that and lucky for me John barged into the front door.

He gave us a strange look and I sat up, "so what's the verdict?"

"He's pretty pissed at you."

"He has no right to be."

"You left..." he said seriously.

"So?"

"...to see Garrett, whom the argument was about..." John said like I should be catching on to what he was trying to say.

"Because he started it! Then basically called me immature!"

"He's a douche." Garrett grumbled and John rolled his eyes, "Don't add on to it, Gar."

"Apparently it's my fault anyways!"

"It's cause you're so cute." I said patting his cheek and John rolled his eyes, "Stop. Go talk to him."

"No. He's the jerk here. He needs to apologize."

He sighed, "ok, if I get him down here will you?"

"Sure."

He groaned and pulled out his phone, "I'm over being Dr. Phil."

"You have more hair than him anyways."

Garrett snickered and John ignored my remark as he texted away.

"He's coming. Jeez. Now I'm going to finish playing my game. Leave me alone."

"Grump much?"

"No. You two are just ridiculous."

"Let me move." Garrett said removing his arms from me and scooting down the couch.

"Yeah you do that or he might hit you." John said and Garrett shrugged not phased by it and John shot him a look, "So help me Garrett, if you are thinking what I think you're thinking I'll let Kennedy hit you because you'll deserve it."

"Huh?" I asked giving them both a confused look.

"Nothing." Garrett mumbled crossing his arms. I looked from him to John who was still giving Garrett a serious look until the front door flew open and Kennedy walked in.

I was now confused about a lot more than Kennedy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh. Garrett might have a crush. :3

Thanks to;
Austin.Carlile (Ha thanks!)
LovelyHope (well you nailed that on the head...haha.)
For commenting! :)