Status: Completed!

Cold As You.

And now that I'm sitting here thinking it through.

When I woke up again I was stuck between the seat and Kennedy. Some how we were both laying down and he had covered us with a blanket.

My heart instantly raced once I was sure of where I was.My head was on his arm and his free one was wrapped around me tightly.

I breathed in deeply before closing my eyes. I should have sat with Garrett.

I decided to just not make a big deal about it and try to calm myself. I traced my fingers over his forearm and his grasped tightened on me.

"Cassie, are you up?" He whispered.

"Mhm." I mumbled and he chuckled softly, "Does that mean sort of?"

"Yeah."

He brought his hand from my waist to my hair and I looked at him which put his face only inches from mine.

His eyebrows furrowed together as if he was in thought and before I could speak his lips pressed against mine.

This had never happened before.

He would occasionally kiss my forehead but that was as far as it ever went, but now I couldn't even breathe. Of course I didn't hesitate to kiss him back though.

I don't know how long it lasted, but once I felt the van come to a stop and turn off, Kennedy pulled away from me quickly and he was out before anyone was even up.

I sighed and placed my hands over my face. This was getting worse and worse for me.

John begun to wake everyone and he gave me a look as if he knew. Which he probably did.

"Hold me." I whined as I got out of the van. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.

"What happened?" He asked softly as he rubbed my back.

We were now parked at the venue they were playing at but, it was only 5 in the morning.

"I hate Kennedy." I said into his shirt.

"Did he kiss you?"

I nodded and he sighed, "I'll talk to him ok? He doesn't need to be doing that shit regardless of the situation."

"Don't tell Pat."

"Of course not."

"You should get some sleep." I stated and he nodded in agreeance.

The show wasn't until 7 that night so we rented a few rooms across the street so everyone could actually sleep.

I just grabbed my purse and walked with John as the others walked slowly in front of us.

"Ken, we're rooming together." John yelled at him and Kennedy waved his hand as if to say ok.

I sighed and John gave me a grin, "No worries."

"Yeh Kennedy, stay with John and stay away from my fucking sister." Pat said with crossed arms. I noticed he looked a bit peeved earlier, but I thought it was because he was tired. Apparently not...

"What?" Kennedy managed to get out.

"If I see you kissing my sister again I'll fucking punch you. It's that simple." He said seriously and Kennedy rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably.

"It's not that big of a deal." He managed to get out.

Pat looked at me and I knew he wanted to say more, but I pleaded with him as best as I could silently.

"Whatever." Pat grumbled before stomping off. He could have said a lot and I knew that so I was thankful he just walked away.

Kennedy's eyes shot to me and John shrugged, "He's right you know and he will punch you. Check out those guns. He's not fuckin' around."

I groaned and placed my hand over my face. Why couldn't everyone just shut up?

I elbowed John as we reached the hotel. This was getting ridiculous.

"See you later." He said waving as he grabbed a key from Jared and him and Kennedy went to the elevator.

I looked at Pat who was glaring at me.

"What?!"

"You fucking know what! You are just making a disaster! He doesn't like you! Just because he kissed you doesn't mean shit, so stop getting your hopes up and move on!" He yelled at me before he stomped off with Jared leaving Garrett, Kara and me alone.

I breathed in and looked at Garrett who was staring at me already with sympathetic eyes.

"He's a douche." Kara shouted and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Come on." Garrett said reaching for my hand and pulling me to the elevator.

"Oh sure. Put me in a room by myself! Great friend you are!" Kara yelled behind us and Garrett turned around sticking his tongue out at her.

We were silent the whole way to the room and once in, I fell onto the bed.

"He just doesn't want you to get hurt, Cass. You know that right?" He asked as he laid beside me with a yawn.

"Yeah." I whispered although if anything his words seemed to stir something inside me that made me for once think Pat was right.

"I think he does like you." He said pulling me to him.

"I don't think so. Pat is probably right."

"No. Don't listen to him. What does he know?"

"None of us know anything."

"True. But Kennedy sober isn't going to just kiss a girl for no reason. Especially when that girl is you."

"Let's sleep." I said not wanting to discuss it any longer.

He nodded clearly agreeing and we both feel asleep instantly.

Not an hour later my phone began to go off and I groaned as I tried to pull it from my pocket.

"Hello?" I groggily said into the phone.

"Yo. I'm at your room door and there is a very angry Kara staring at me."

I laughed softy, "I'm in Garrett's room."

"Oh. Ok. Bye Kara don't kill me." I heard him say and I giggled as I headed to open the door.

"John you are going on no sleep." I said as I placed my phone back in my pocket.

"So? Do you want to know what I talked to Kennedy about?"

"Not really..."

"Ok..." he said starting to walk off and I quickly grabbed his arm causing him to smile, "Thought so."

I rolled my eyes and pulled him in.

"Tell me." I said as I sat on the bed Garrett wasn't on.

He fell down beside propping himself up on his elbows.

"Well you know, he kind of speaks in riddles."

I rolled my eyes, "Spit it out."

"But what I gathered is that he does indeed have feelings for you."

"But?"

"But what? I don't know!"

I sighed and laid my head on the bed.

"Pat is pissed at me. He yelled at me in the lobby."

"He's just protective you should know that by now."

I sighed as John rubbed his eyes sleepily.

"Go to bed."

He fell onto the pillow and I laughed as he gave me a sleepy grin.

"Here." He said sliding his card to his room to me.

"No."

"Yes. Talk to him. He likes spending time with you." He said closing his eyes.

I sighed as I stared at the card.

"Go." He said seriously and I forced myself off the bed and out of the room.

I stood in front of Kennedy's door hesitantly and finally mustered up the courage to open it.

Once I did so Kennedy looked up from where he was sitting on one of the beds.

"Oh. Sorry. John told me you weren't in here." I lied.

"Why are you here?" He asked with a quizzical look on his face, "I mean, not that I mind." He added quickly. I guess in cause I thought his question came off as rude.

"He stole my bed!" I said falling onto John's bed.

"Oh I see. Was Garrett asleep?"

I nodded, "I would have slept with him but John snores so..."

He chuckled, "Yeah he does."

I kicked off my toms and crawled under the blanket.

"Are you not tired?" I asked and he shook his head, "Slept in the van remember? Surprised you're tired."

"It's still early so regardless I would be tired." I responded trying not to flashback to us in the van.

He gave me a small grin and I held onto the pillow as I watched him.

"You're cute." He said softly and I felt my cheeks grow hotter.

"Why did you kiss me?" I asked boldly and he began messing with his jeans.

"I don't know...you were there and I wanted to see what it felt like." he whispered.

"Why?"

He shrugged and I let out a sigh, "Ok."

"You like me huh?" He spouted out and I looked at him a bit shocked, "What?"

"You like me. I can tell. You are too nice to me, Cassie. You let me kiss you, and hold you."

"Maybe I do Kennedy. Why wouldn't I when you do all of those things?"

I don't know where all this boldness was coming from, but it was needed.

He shrugged and didn't bother looking up from his jeans.

"So what?" I asked and he moved his eyes to mine, "What?"

"Why do you do those things if you already know I like you?"

"I don't know yet." He whispered.

"Greattt. Well, you just let me know when you figure it out." I said rolling my eyes and laying my head back on the pillow.

Did he ever know anything?!

I could feel him staring at me as I closed my eyes to try and sleep. Of course it wasn't long until I felt him pulling the cover back and sliding into the bed with me.

I opened my eyes as he shifted beside me, placing his arm on my waist and pulling me to him. His nose touched mine and I closed my eyes tightly.

"I'm not leading you on, Cassidy. I'm not. I think you're amazing. I just, I have a lot of things to figure out right now." He whispered placing a kiss on my jaw.

"Ok." I managed to get out as his hand messed with my hair.

"Ok." He whispered kissing my nose. I snuggled to him and he played with my hair until I fell asleep.

I was going to be insane or a complete disaster by the end of this tour if this continued.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe? Send hate mail?....just kidding about the last one... :3