Sequel: Take Me With You
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Getting Away With You

Captivated

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
I took the gun and slowly pointed it at Danni’s head, my heart beating furiously against my ribcage, and my breathing uneven as I tried to stop. But I couldn’t. My paranoia had finally taken over. Just as I squeezed my eyes shut, ready to pull the trigger, glass shattered and my eyes snapped open. I brought the gun towards the sound immediately and fired a shot, barely missing one of the two guys that had broken in. I could barely comprehend what was happening, because my mind was completely numb. One man jumped the bed and pushed me back against the wall, and I struggled to try and shoot him, but he grabbed my arm and forced it above my head. Danielle snapped awake, but the other guy slapped a piece of duct tape across her mouth, picked her up, and ran out the window with her. I went to scream for Jimmy or Brian, but the guy that was restraining me put his hand over my mouth.

“Chase has sent someone to pick up you and the other two and they’ll get here in approximately two minutes. Don’t call anyone or it will only make things worse for Danielle. Follow us now and she’ll die.” The man said in a raspy voice, and then let go of me and darted out the window. I resumed firing bullets at him, trying to stop shaking so I could actually hit him, but he was out of sight in less than seconds. The door was kicked open, but I didn’t stop shooting out the open window.

“MATT! MATT STOP!” Jimmy screamed as he ran into the room. He knocked the gun out of my hand, and I just stared at him, holding back tears at what had just happened. “What happened?!” I couldn’t muster up an answer. “Matt!” Jimmy grabbed my shoulders roughly. “What happened?” He spaced out his words, talking much more calmly.

“They took her.” I whispered and Jimmy looked at me with concern filled eyes, as he nervously glanced at the door.

“Who took who?”

“These two guys just broke in and took Danielle. They said Chase is going to send someone to get us in two minutes and if we follow them now they’ll…” I couldn’t hardly bring myself to say the words. “They’ll kill her.”

“Fuck...” Jimmy let his hands fall from my shoulders, a look of worry on his face now.

“What happened?” We both looked over at the door where Brian was standing, blood rushing down his face.

“Oh my god, Brian!” Jimmy ran over to him. “You shot yourself?!”

“I was cleaning my gun and I heard the glass shattering up here, and it scared me and I jumped and accidentally pulled the trigger. It barely grazed me, I’m fine.” He said and looked over at the bed, then at me. “W-where’s Danielle?”

“These two guys just came in and took her.” I said, still shocked at what had happened. “He said Chase would send someone to get us in two minutes.”

“I’ll call Sonny, he can’t be far he’ll-” Brian went to pull his phone out of his pocket but I stopped him.

“No, don’t!” He froze.

“What? Why? We need him to help us! He knows how-”

“That guy said if we call anyone it’ll make things worse for Danni, we can’t.” I cut Jimmy’s sentence off and they both looked at me.

“What are we supposed to do then? We can’t call the cops or Chase will have us all killed before they even get here, so what in the hell do we do?” Brian asked and I shook my head.

“We wait for whoever Chase sent to come get us.” I said and not three seconds after I got the sentence out of my mouth, there was a knock down stairs. We all ran from the room, and nearly tripped over each other going down the stairs. Jimmy got to the door first and he opened it up to a man in a suit. I didn’t recognize him, though I only knew Chase’s drug dealers, carriers, and body guards, I didn’t know any of his inside men, I tried not to know them.

“Do any of you have a firearm, and or sharp object on you that could potentially harm me?” The man asked in a professional tone, watching us intently from behind dark tinted sunglasses.

“No.” I answered, and he nodded.

“I was told to trust you, though I don’t.” He stated. Chase told him he could trust us? That was new. “Are any of you wired?” We all shook our heads again. “Good. Follow me.” He turned and started walking. We followed behind him to an Escalade parked in the driveway. He opened the door and we got in, someone dressed similar to him was in the driver’s seat. The man opened his door and got in, and we pulled out.

“W-where are we going?” Jimmy asked, but didn’t receive an answer. “They don’t seem too friendly.” He muttered to me, and I rolled my eyes.

“We are friendly, we were just informed not to answer questions about the destination.” The driver spoke up.

“Then can you at least tell us why those two guys shattered out a window, scared the shit out of me and kidnapped Danielle?” I asked and they were both silent, apparently not allowed to give me my answer.

“What about why they didn’t go ahead and take us too?” Brian asked, hoping they would give an answer.

“Danielle is going to the same place. But, fear is a key element.” The driver seemed to know more than the other guy.

“Where are we going?” I asked, and I knew I was going out on a limb that had already been broken, but it was worth a shot, even when they didn’t answer. I looked over at Jimmy and Brian and they just shrugged, almost as if saying, ‘What more can we do?’. I just sat back, going silent for the moment. I didn’t say a word the whole ride, and neither did Brian or Jimmy until finally the car came to a stop in an old abandoned parking lot on the outskirts of town. I didn’t know where we were, and just as I was about to ask, the men opened their doors and got out. Jimmy went to open his door and the driver pushed it back, and then they locked all of the doors, locking us in the car. “Hey! What the fuck?!” I screamed, beating my fist against the window as I pulled at the handle.

“Let us out!” Brian yelled, and one of the guys jumped onto the hood and then continued onto the roof. The sun roof opened slightly, and before any of us could try and pry it open further, a can dispensing some type of gas dropped down, and the sunroof was shut back.

“Shit, don’t breathe it in!” Jimmy yelled and we all covered our mouths and noses with our collars, trying desperately to get away from the fumes, but the car was shut tight. Everything began to fog up, and it was impossible not to breathe in the fumes. Brian went down first, falling halfway into the floorboard, and Jimmy was right next to him, stretched over the console from trying to reach the driver’s side door, and I felt my senses go numb as I fell against the window, my world finally going black.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Danielle’s POV*^
I was woken up by a gunshot, and as soon as my eyes opened, the first thing I saw was an unidentified man standing above me, and as he picked me up I went to scream, but he slapped a piece of tape over my mouth, and I struggled in his grip as I looked over and saw Matt was being held up against the wall by another guy. He fled out the window with me, and then I realized we were on the roof. He ran over to the edge and threw me, and I tried my hardest to scream, but nothing came out as I fell. I knew I was hitting the ground, so I squeezed my eyes shut, but instead I fell into a pair of arms, and my eyes snapped open to see the other man climbing down a ladder, and another guy rushed over to me, and ripped the piece of tape off, but before I could even come out of my shocked state to scream, he put a cloth over my mouth, and no matter how hard I tried not to breathe in, I was on the verge of having a panic attack, and I went unconscious before I could comprehend anything else.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*
“He’ll do it. I’ll make him.” A voice slowly brought me back into my conscious state.

“But why? Why can’t you just shoot her so we can get back to California?” I slowly came to, opening my eyes slightly.

“Because, Matthew needs to learn how to let go.” I blinked a few times and sat up straight in the chair, but when I brought up one of my hands to rub my eyes so I could properly see where I was, I found that both of my hands had been bound to the leather chair with rope and tape. “Oh, look, she’s awake.” I looked up at the person who had spoken, and saw a man sitting in a chair not too far away from me. I was in a modern living room, the walls and carpet snow white, everything trimmed with a light gold color.

“W-where am I?” I asked hesitantly, not exactly sure if I wanted to know. “Where’s Matt?” My second question made me panic as I realized he wasn’t here with me. They had only taken me.

“First of all, you’re in my care, sweetheart, so don’t worry.” The man stood up, and came over to me. “Second of all,” He leaned down, placing his hands on top of mine as he leaned down to my face. “Mattie’s none of your concern.” He whispered, his lips mere centimeters away from my ear, his voice sending a chill down my spine.

“What’s going on?” I asked him, hoping he would reveal to me why he had kidnapped me. He stood back up, a smirk on his face as he backed away from me a few steps.

“I’m going to use you to teach Matthew a lesson.” He sat back down, and looked down at his watch before looking back up at me. “They should be coming around any moment now.” I didn’t say another word. He said ‘they’. That fact scared me, but also planted a sense of comfort in me. ‘They’ could mean more of this stranger’s men in black to come and maybe rip me apart, or ‘they’ could mean Jimmy, Brian, and Matt. I could only hope it was the latter.

“Get your fucking hands off of me, dick wad!” I heard Matt’s voice scream at someone and I looked over at the doorway as he came in, a man behind him, taking one hand away from his back. He walked in, and his eyes soon found me. “Danielle!” He started to run over, but the man standing beside the guy in the chair pulled a gun, and Matt froze in place.

“No, no, he’s fine. He’ll let go soon enough.” The man in the chair said, and the guy slowly put the gun away. Matt came over and hugged me as tightly as he could without crushing me.

“I’m so sorry this happened.” He whispered, and I held back the tears trying to make their way out of my tear ducts.

“I swear, if you touch me one more fucking time you’re going to fucking lose that hand.” I heard Jimmy’s voice growl, and once Matt reluctantly pulled away from me, I tore my eyes away from him to see Jimmy and Brian sit down on a sofa against the wall, two more men in black suits stood on either end, staring straight ahead silently.

“Chase, why are you doing this?” Matt turned and looked at the man who I now knew as Chase. This sent anger through me. This was the man that had put Matt and Jimmy through hell, and nearly drove Brian to suicide.

“Because, every time I bring up one of your dead family members or friends, you soften up, and I’m sick of it. You’re staying in my business; I don’t need you to have a heart. Men with hearts are useless to me. You rather toughen up, or I’ll have Ricky here shoot you.” He rested a hand on the shoulder of the man standing beside him.

“So what? That’s why you went through all of this? To tell me I needed to fucking toughen up?” Matt spat, and Chase just chuckled.

“No, I’ve gone through all of this so I can help you.”

“Help me how?” Matt asked, narrowing his eyes, and Chase smiled.

“You’re going to shoot her.” I was frozen in place by his simple words as he pointed at me.

“No. No, I’m not. I won’t.” Matt said, and Chase tugged on ‘Ricky’s jacket and he pulled a gun, pointing it straight at Matt, followed by the other two men in black in the room.

“Yes, you will, or I’ll have no choice but to kill you. Then, since she had seen me kill you, she’ll have to be shot too. Either way she has to go, because she knows too much about us.” Chase stood up and took a gun from his jacket, and held it out towards Matt, but he wouldn’t take it.

“I’m not going to kill her. I can’t.” Matt refused, and it made my heart do backflips. He did care.

“You have to.” Chase insisted.

“I won’t. Just…go ahead and shoot me.” My heart ripped in half.

“No, Matt, what are you doing?” I asked him, and he turned and looked at me, shaking his head.

“I promised you I wouldn’t hurt you. I can’t do it.” He said, sounding hurt by the situation. I don’t think I’d want to live without him, though. He’s become a part of my life, and…and I really care about him. More than my own life.

“Don’t do this for me, Matt.” I felt a tear slide down my cheek. “Don’t. I don’t want to live if I don’t have you by my side.”

“Danni, I’m not going to shoot you.” He scoffed and I shook my head.

“Just, do it and get it over with. I’m not living without you.” I whispered, and he turned fully towards me, and I looked up at him with teary eyes. “I can’t live without you, and I don’t think I could take seeing you get killed because you didn’t kill me. I don’t want you to get hurt.” I couldn’t bear the thought of having to watch that guy kill Matt. I was going to die either way, but at least this way Matt didn’t get hurt. “You have to do this, Matt. For me.” I whispered, and he placed a hand on my cheek, and leaned down and kissed me gently on the lips, a gesture that only made this feeling I had for him grow. I had had this feeling for him all along, but I had suppressed it because I thought he was dangerous. He wasn’t dangerous by choice, I’ve learnt that. Now I know how I feel towards him, and I wouldn’t get rid of this feeling for the world.

“You can untie her if you like, it’s not like she’s going to escape.” At Chase’s words Matt pulled away from me, and quickly ripped the tape off of my wrists and untied them. I wrapped my arms around him as tightly as I could, never wanting to let go of him, in fear that one of us would disappear.

“I-I love you.” He whispered and the words brought a smile to my lips, because that’s what I had been feeling for him; love. A feeling I was afraid of having towards him at one point.

“I love you too, Matt.” I whispered and he smiled sadly at me and kissed me once more before reluctantly pulling away. I just looked down, almost fearing what was about to happen. Matt brushed a tear from my cheek, and I looked up at him.

“It’s- it’s going to be okay.” He managed out, his voice not quite working right. I just nodded. He took a deep breath and walked away from me and over to Chase. He shakily took the gun, and Chase just smiled.

“Matt, you don’t have to do this!” Jimmy yelled, desperation taking over his voice.

“I don’t have a choice.” Matt muttered, and turned towards me.

“Yes you do, please don’t fucking do it!” Brian screamed, and by the sound of his voice it sounded as if he was on the verge of tears. “She’s been through enough already, she doesn’t-”

“Shut up Brian!” Chase snapped at Brian, and he bit his lip to keep from saying more. I could tell he was about to go off at Chase, but luckily self-restraint seemed to be on his side.

“I’m so sorry Danielle.” Matt said and I shook my head.

“Don’t be.” I said and sat back in the chair, my hands grasping the arms of it so tight I thought they would break. I took a deep breath, bracing for what was to come as Matt slowly brought the gun up.

“I love you.” He whispered, and just as he pulled the trigger, someone launched themselves in front of me, taking the bullet and wrapping their arms around me, protecting me as bullets from Chase’s three minions ripped through him at his sudden movement, scarlet erupting from his skin like paint vibrating off of a beating drum. The fire ceased after a moment, and I stared at him in shock as he clung to life by a thread, pulling away from me enough to look at my face. He looked at me with pained eyes, obviously trying not to let go of life.

“You… you didn’t deserve…this.” I didn’t want it to be true as he took one shaky breath, and fell lifeless onto the floor, his chocolate brown eyes staring endlessly at the ceiling. He…he was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

W!ldFire
amodernmyth88
shortygirl
Synderella28

Cliffhangers...my specialty.

xoxo, Saleigh