Sequel: Take Me With You
Status: Complete. Thank you for reading. :)

Getting Away With You

Fed Lies

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Lisa’ POV*^
“Is this where they’re at?” I asked Henry as he pulled the big black SUV up to a warehouse.

“Yes, this is the address that showed up on the computer. Your daughter should be inside that building.” He said and I could feel the hope rising in my heart as Gavin tightened his grip on my hand and I smiled at him. “Follow me, but stay a distance behind. This man is very dangerous, and possibly armed.” Henry said, and we nodded as the other two SUVs pulled up in the lot as well. We all got out, and Gavin and I followed Henry towards the building. I could only think about getting my daughter back in my arms.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Gavin’s POV*^
Something wasn’t right here. I could feel it. Something was about to happen and that’s why I kept such a tight hold on Lisa’s hand. We shouldn’t be following him into the building if this man and his two accomplices are dangerous and armed. We should be staying back at the car, while him and his men go in and arrest them and free Danielle, not following him into the place. Henry opened the door, and I hesitantly followed, basically being drug in by Lisa, and as soon as we got in, our hands were ripped apart as Lisa screamed and someone cuffed my hands behind my back, and did the same to her.

“What the fuck is going on here?!” I screamed, trying to break free of the cuffs.

“Oh don’t worry, everything’s going to be fine as long as your daughter and Matthew come and save you two.” Henry said and I looked at him, anger in my eyes. I charged forward at him, but just before I could jump I was shoved to the ground.

“Gavin!” Lisa cried as I felt a gun being pressed to my head. I sighed, closing my eyes for a moment before opening them as I was pulled off of the ground.

“Please do try that again, I’d just love to get rid of one of the people that brought Danielle Taggen into the world.” He laughed; a laugh that made me sick to my stomach.

“Who are you really?” I asked, now aware that he wasn’t a member of the FBI, come to help us save our child from three criminals.

“I’m Chase. I’m the drug lord. I’m the one who pulled Matthew, James, and Brian into my game, and let them play with their lives. I’m only telling you this because by now, with Fred’s failed attempt at killing your daughter, I’ve had Bruce go ahead and kill him, and his sister, and I’ve already got plans to do the same with you two. I do kind of feel bad about poor Rachael and Fred, they were good kids, but they’re both useless to me, especially since I’ve been trying to get rid of that liability of a bitch named Danielle ever since I learnt that she had run away with Matthew to this god forsaken town. I’m going to go ahead and be frank with the both of you,” Chase paused, looking between Lisa and I for a moment. “Your daughter is going to have to die, one way or another, and while I’m in the joyous mood, I’m going to go ahead and be rid myself of the both of you, too.” He smiled.

“Are these guys even as dangerous as you’ve portrayed them to be?” Lisa asked, her voice obviously stating that she was disgusted by this man. I was too.

“Not really. Matthew’s softening up, and letting the hard cold outer shell of his heart crack, James is doing the same, and my step son Brian has just given up on life altogether. He said something about how he was sick of killing people for a living a few months ago, if I recall correctly. Though in my defense, I did try and give him his wish of death. I let my men fill him with bullets, but he survived and I paid him a little visit in the hospital, pulled an alarm on the floor below to evacuate, then I went up and replaced his IV with Acetic acid, but that damn brat just won’t go away.” He shook his head with a sigh.

“You’re sick. You’ve taken three guys who are probably harmless and turned them into uncaring soulless monsters who kill people and kidnap teenagers.” I said and he shook his head.

“No, Matthew didn’t kidnap Danielle, the security camera I had in his car showed that he was going to drop her off, but she ran back to him and got in his car, simply begging him to take her with him.” He grinned. “She said something about her parents going down, and taking her down with them.” I let my head drop at his words. That was one reason why she ran away. She couldn’t take mine and Lisa’s constant fighting and arguing. But we’ve changed. These past days have made us realize that we both need each other, and when we fight it just doesn’t only affect us, it affects those we love as well.

“Why are you doing this to her, though? Why did you send that Fred guy to try and kill Danielle?” I asked, looking up at him and he took a deep breath.

“Because, she’s fallen…” He gave a disgusted look. “’In love’ with Matthew, and she knows too much about us. Plus, he’s become so attached to her that I’m going to use her to teach him to harden back up and stop acting like child.” He answered quickly. “Now, Dayle, Harlin, please follow me, and bring them as well.” He said, to the man that was holding a gun to my head, and the man that had a gun to Lisa’s head as well. The man behind me, who I suppose was Harlin, pushed the gun into my back, forcing me to move forward, and I did without a word. This man had betrayed us, after we needed someone to trust in a hard and troubling time in our life, and we gave our trust to this crook, who only fed us lies.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Danielle’s POV*^
“Hey, you guys, wake up.” I cracked my eyes open at a familiar voice, and once I saw who it was I jolted up out of Matt’s arms, and tackled him in a hug. “Woah, shot multiple times, remember?” He chuckled and I loosened my grip on him some.

“What are you doing here?! You’re supposed to be in the hospital!” I scolded him, not wanting him to be out of the hospital right now, but also glad he had found a way to break out.

“I couldn’t let you guys take on Chase by yourself, and when I heard he had you parents I just…my care for you guys wouldn’t let me stay there and let you go through him on your own.” He said and I smiled.

“You’re great.” I said, and then got curious. “Wait…” I trailed off, looking at him. “How did you get in without a card?”

“After showing the lady at the desk my driver’s license, ID, and pinky promising her that I was Brian Haner, she walked me up here and let me in.” He said and I nodded. “They sure are secure around here, aren’t they?”

“Actually, Jimmy told her to not let anyone by the name of Brent in, and she agreed, and then he told us that when Chase goes to a hotel he uses the name Brent, so…” I trailed off, and he nodded, his mouth in the shape of an ‘o’.

“Got it.” He said and I nodded and looked at Matt, still asleep. “Were you two up a while last night?” Brian asked, and without even looking at him I could hear the smirk in his voice, hinting at what we could have done the previous night, and I turned and gave him a look that told him I wasn’t amused.

“Brian, seriously? We’re both still in our clothes from yesterday, and we both were so tired we barely made it to the bed before we both passed out.” I said and he shrugged.

“It was worth a shot. You guys just cling onto each other so much, I mean, it’s about time.” He said, and I rolled my eyes, punching him playfully in the shoulder.

“I think they gave you too many meds before you left.” I said as I walked towards the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
^*Matt’s POV*^
“Jimmy stop.” I swatted my hand through the air, rolling over to face the other direction, but Jimmy wouldn’t stop poking my shoulder. “Jimmy, fucking stop!” I swatted my hand once more, aiming for his face, but he ducked, and fell onto the bed. After a moment I felt two arms wrap around me, and then realized who I had been blindly trying to hit. “Shit, sorry Danni, I’m just tired.” I muttered, rolling over and wrapping my arms around her as I kissed her gently on the lips. I let my hand trail down to her hip as I brought her closer to me.

“Matt, Matt, you’re scaring me! Danni! Danni, he’s groping my ass! He’s trying to get into my pants! How do I get him to let go?!” I immediately jolted awake and opened my eyes at Brian’s voice, taking my hands from the waist of his jeans and pushing him away from me as I scrambled back, falling head first off of the bed and crying out as my head hit the end table.

“Oh my god, Brian, I-I thought you were Danielle, I-I fucking swear I did. I didn’t-I didn’t even know you were- oh my god.” I stuttered as I sat up.

“Dude you were trying to fucking-” He looked at me wide eyed, not even finishing his sentence. “My god, he’s been doing that and you still wake up fully clothed in the mornings?!” Brian asked, looking at Danni who was in the kitchen. I got up and ran at her, hugging her as tight as possible.

“Don’t hug me, go hug your new boyfriend.” She said nonchalantly, and I pulled away, kissing her as I wanted to get that thought out of my head. I pulled away, still holding her face as I looked into her eyes.

“I love you, but why in the hell did you let that lunatic in? I accidentally kissed him, Danni. Not on the cheek, either. Just...why?” I asked, and she laughed lightly and pecked me on the lips.

“Because he broke in, I couldn’t stop him. Apparently he left the hospital AMA, and convinced the lady at the desk downstairs to let him up here.” She said and I nodded, looking back at him as he scrubbed his lips with his hand. “You kissing him isn’t my problem.”

“Sorry, Brian, really, I had no clue.” I said, still holding Danielle, and Brian shook his head.

“Oh no, don’t mention it, and least now I know I remind you of your girlfriend. So what does this mean? Since I’m like her if anything ever comes between you you’re coming after me?” He asked and I shook my head, hugging Danni tighter.

“Don’t say that, Brain. I am not going to go after you. Never.” I said and he chuckled, as did Danni.

“You’re delirious.” Danielle said, pushing me away, as she went back to doing whatever she was before I ran in here and tackled her in a hug. I walked over and sat down on the couch, my head hurting slightly from slamming into the nightstand.

“Morning guys.” I heard Jimmy say with a yawn from the doorway. “Brian?” He then questioned.

“See, Matt? That is how you’re supposed to greet me, not with a kiss on the lips and an ass groping followed by trying to get your hand into my pants. I mean, that was a really close call, just a few more inches down and you would’ve-”

“Oh god, don’t say it, Brian!” I begged, and he just laughed.

“I take it Matt’s moved onto soberly hitting on you now?” Jimmy asked and Brian sighed.

“You wish. He woke up apparently thinking I was you, and then he kept trying to hit me to the point where I lost balance and fell on him, so I decided to drag him out of bed, but then he must’ve thought I was Danni, because he wrapped his arms around me, kissed me, and began groping my ass before trying to get his hand in my pants. That was a really close call. Not the best ‘Welcome back’ in the world.” Brian said sarcastically, but I didn’t hear anything from Jimmy. I looked back at him, wondering why he wasn’t laughing, but then I saw why. He was kneeled down in the floor, his face red as he gasped for air.

“Sure, ignore the mental scarring taking place over here.” I said and he just shook his head, standing back up as he took a deep breath, still trying to breath.

“The shit that happens around here when I’m not around…” Jimmy trailed off, wiping tears from his eyes as he came and sat down next to me.

“I have never been so thankful that I wore a belt this morning.” Brian said, shaking his head.

“Are you alright?” Jimmy asked, looking at me, and I nodded.

“I guess.” I said, and Danni came into the room, with two cups of coffee. She handed one to me, and kept the other for herself as she sat down on my left.

“If you guys want coffee it’s in the kitchen.” She said, and I took a sip of mine before sitting it on the table.

“I’m good, I need to cut back on the caffeine.” Jimmy answered.

“I’m already awake.” Brian said, and sat down in the chair.

“Alright, let’s get down to it.” I said, and leaned forward. “Chase arrived in town yesterday, and he has Danni’s parents.” I looked at Jimmy, then at Brian, both of their moods changing. “And you two know what I know.” I said, and Jimmy looked down, knowing what I was talking about way too well as his words were dark, and dripping in sorrow.

“He’s not going to let them live forever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all of the readers, subscribers, and special thanks to the commentors:

shortygirl
amodernmyth88
W!ldFire

xoxo, Saleigh