Status: Going No where

After the Accident Chapter

Chapter 3

1 Month later: I am three months pregnant:
Chuck was out walking Monkey and I was working busily on the computer. Today was a busy day. I had just had my prenatal yoga class. Later, Lily and Serena were going to fly into Honolulu and we were going to meet there for lunch. After, we would all go to my doctor’s appointment. First trimester, blah blah blah, she would tell me how well I was doing hopefully and I would get to see Kira/Charles in my stomach. Right now I was looking for a home. I needed a two to four bedroom place with one more bathroom than bedrooms. It needed to be on the Upper East Side, possibly near St. David’s or Sacred Heart or Spence. Maybe even Nightingale, but that was pushing it. I didn’t want my daughter if I even had a daughter to go Marymount, so that didn’t matter. St. Bernard’s was a little too far up town for me. It should be near St. Thomas Moore because we needed a preschool. Preferably, it would be near Park or Fifth. I could renovate all I needed, but it would have to perfect in order to do that. This was way to stressful.
“Dorota!” I called. “May I please have some more lemonade?”
“Here you go Miss Blair.” Dorota said as she set the lemonade on the table beside me. Her pregnant belly was bigger than mine. She should be home. I wish I could be there to see her baby, but it just isn’t possible. Dorota is leaving tomorrow though, so we are off to a good start.
The golf cart that would take us to the boat beeped outside. Even in Hawaii the sound of a car beep wasn’t pleasant. I sighed. I saved the beautiful house I was looking at to bookmarks. I stood up slowly and I took a sip of lemonade. Chuck came in and dropped off Monkey. I was wearing a silver blue layered frock. It was light and comfortable, besides, it hid my growing curves. Chuck took my hand.
“You look beautiful.” He said. He was constantly complimenting me. I should be really nice to him. He got out of a coma only a couple months ago. The doctor came every weekend. The whole thing scared me. I could lose the only person I ever truly loved and felt loved by in a second. It gave me a whole new perspective. I walked with Chuck to the limo.