Status: Going No where

After the Accident Chapter

Chapter 2

One Month Later:
We needed to have a serious conversation. Chuck and I needed to have a VERY serious conversation.
“Chuck?” I called.
“What Blair?” He replied, walking into the room. He was wearing a red silk robe with black pants. I couldn’t stand it, but I couldn’t tell him exactly what to do all the time. I was wearing an indigo and white paisley top over gray leggings. I would be sweating outside, but the air conditioner was on high. I was draped over a deep sofa that was white. There was a matching sofa facing it with a stone coffee table in between. The set up was in a circular room that was enclosed in glass. You could see the beautiful ocean and plants growing all around. It was the opposite of New York City. There were glass doors on either side of the room. One leaded outside and the other lead into the rest of the house. The floors were dark wood; a big white fur rug was placed beneath the sofas. Not my style, but fabulous.
“We need to talk seriously.” I said. He sat down on the sofa next to me.
“About what?” he replied.
“About life.” He gave me a look that told me to keep on going. “Baby names first off.” I said. Chuck looked nervous. “I was thinking Charles if it’s a boy, and Eve it’s a girl.”
“Eve is like my mother’s name, Evelyn. I don’t want to be reminded of her.” Chuck responded to my ideas. Chuck’s mother had died when Chuck was born. Chuck had survived his whole life without a mother and he had a neglecting father. It was hard to be reminded of that.
“Okay, what about Charles Waldorf Bass Jr.? We could call him Charles or Charlie or little Charles or-“Chuck cut me off.
“Wait, will the last name be Bass?” He asked. I took a moment to think.
“Yes.” I said. “I don’t care if you are not the biological father. He or she will be your daughter or son, so it will have your last name. Louis is the biological father, but I don’t want Louis to be a part of my child’s life. If they want to reunite later in life they can, but you, Chuck, will make sure he doesn’t have an empty space in his need for a loving father. He or she shouldn’t want to find a father that is going to love it, it will have that already.” I took a deep breath. Chuck had his eyes closed.
“Blair, I can’t believe you trust me so much to be such a good father. I have a horrible father. I don’t know a thing about good parenting. I am so scared.”
“That is why I know you will be perfect. I know that you hated not feeling loved and not loving. You know it’s a horrible feeling, and you will do your best to prevent a child from having that feeling. I don’t care what it takes; you will legally adopt the baby if that is what it takes. You will always be its father. Legally and emotionally, maybe not biologically, but everything will work out for the best.” I said. “I am scared to.” I added quietly.
Chuck took my hand. He squeezed it tightly. “I love you.” He whispered in my ear.
“What about Kira if it’s a girl?” I asked. Kira Waldorf Bass sounded really good. Kira Bass was perfect in my opinion.
“I love it.” Chuck replied. “I also think Charles is perfect.” Good. So it was decided. Little Kira or Charles Bass was going to be my child. Chuck gave me a look that made me want to melt.