Status: Active

Sharp

Dreams

We arrived to our destination after hours flying by plane, a long car drive and then we rode on a carriage powered by oxen. We were somewhere in Asia. No idea where, just somewhere there. Probably in the middle of it all.

The bumpy vehicle was going through many hills with paths of dirt carved along the side of the hills. I held onto Nathaniel's hand so if I do somehow fly out, I would have him either pull me back or go down with me. It would suck if I got lost here alone.

After another two hours of this, we finally arrived to a small house. It looked really cute. Like something you would see out of a fantasy story where a fair maiden lives in.

And that fair maiden came out running to Nathaniel, hugging him and speaking some language I couldn't understand. They seemed really happy to see each other. That made me just a tad bit jealous.

"This is Vicky. Vicky this is Mia," Nathan said. I shook her hand and smiled at her while she smiled brightly.

"Any friend of Nathan's is a friend of mine," she said. I was suppose to say that!

"Well, I believe we are more then just friends," Nathan said, giving me a sly look with a smirk and I just blushed and smiled.

"Oh! How adorable!" She ushered us into the cottage that smelt of burning firewood. An elderly woman was baking bread the really old fashioned way. It looked good. I didn't know if it was sanitary or anything, but it looked good. If people from around here can eat the bread, then I'm sure it's safe?

"Have a piece my dears," the elder woman said, handing Nathan a piece. When she reached over to hand me mine, her eyes met with mine and she gasped, dropping my piece. "You!"

"Me?" I said, confusedly. Why do I feel like she is very familiar to me? Her eyes were a really light blue that almost turned white. She was still gaping at me.

"Madame? Is there a problem?" Nathaniel asked, placing a hand on her fragile shoulder. She looked at him and snapped her mouth shut.

"Just a complication with the entire plan, that's all."

"What is it then?"

"I can't say, because you'll find out," she said, smiling at Nathan and locking her gaze with me. "Victoria, please come and sit. I'll get you a new piece of bread."

She handed me my piece and sat on a chair across from mine, scooting it closer to where our knees were almost touching. She leaned forward with a bright look in her eyes.

"You remind me of someone long ago who made quite a mark in our world."

"Shakespeare?" She laughed and settled back down.

"No, honey. Not your world. Our world. The Otherworld."

"Oh." I bit down on my piece of bread to find it to be really good. I thought it looked a bit dry, but I was completely wrong. You didn't even need any jelly or cheese with it!

Nathan sat on the chair that was beside me while Mia took the seat across from him.

"So this person, good? Bad?" I asked her. She was just staring at me. It was just awkward.

"Depends what happens and what decisions you make. Tell me, have you had any bizarre dreams before?"

"Um. I've had a dream where I was being chased by a polar bear, and then when it cornered me, I was like, 'Aw Hell Na!' and started beating up the polar bear." Nathan and Mia laughed for a bit when the elder woman just smiled some more. When they calmed down, she made a motion with her hand for me to continue on.

"I had another dream where I was being chased by a tiger, so I ended jumping up on buildings and started doing flips in the air." They giggled again while Madame ushered me on.

"Another one I had was in a very empty place that just had blue skies, green grass and a big white building with a pool. My family, friends and class mates were there and we were celebrating something. Then many airplanes were just falling from the sky. My friend and I thought if we reached this fence, the chaos would stop. We were doing moves like in The Matrix when Keanu Reeves dodges all those bullets, but they were actually planes. Then we reached the fence and everything was alright."

"Who's Keanu Reeves?" Mia asked. "And what's a Matrix?"

"Keanu is an actor in the movie The Matrix," Nathan answered for me.

"Oh. Okay."

"Any other dreams?" the elderly woman asked.

"Well, there is this one that I kind of find to be dark and freaky," I said. She waited with bright eyes for me to tell. "A group of people in black, including me, went downstairs into this basement. There was a fish tank that was green from this type of mold. A guy started reading this book, and I was doing something silly. Something started to glow within this tank.

"Then all of a sudden we were back upstairs, heading down to the basement. I thought this time that it was just repeating over and over, like in Groundhog's Day. This time, though, when the guy was reading the book, a little light just flickered. Then I saw a pair of red eyes looking at me. I was tackled down onto the ground with some type of demon dog at my neck, snapping at it. But he didn't bite for some reason. I told it just bite me to get it over with, but then I woke up.

"And when I did, I still felt the dog there, threatening and it made me panic. I just froze there, and then after awhile, I calmed down went into the living room to just watch TV to get my mind off of it."

"That's quite a strange dream," Madame said. I glanced over at Mia and Nathan and they were looking at me curiously. The elderly lady asked Mia is some other form of language a question. Mia was thinking until she got an epiphany and started freaking out, heading for another room in a rush.

"What is it Madame?" Nathan asked. He leaned forward and put a hand on my hand that rested on my leg.

"I need to ensure this is the girl. Deary, please give me your hand," she asked. Her hand was out, waiting. I placed mine gently in hers and didn't feel much, but she retracted her hand so fast, it was as if I shocked or burned her. I smelt some burning flesh too, which really concerned me.

"Madame!" Mia said, coming to her side. Madame spoke to her again and she got up to go get something.

"Okay, well from what I did see, she is the one. So you two need to head to the portal North of here immediately in the morning." Mia came back and handed her a jar of some green liquids. Madame stood, with Mia in tow, and left.

"What was that about?" I asked Nathaniel. He shrugged. We sat there, not knowing what to do. He pulled at my hand and I got up and sat down on his lap, cuddling close to him as he wrapped me up tightly in his arms.

"Well, there's no doubt now. No room for arguments. You are suppose to come along with me. Are you sure you don't mind? It's a very dangerous place, and I don't want you to get hurt at all," he whispered in my ear.

"Nathan, it's fine. This is our destiny. I never thought I would have a quest like this, especially in the twenty first century, but I also didn't think wizards and men who turned into cats existed either." He chuckled a bit. We stayed like that until Mia came back, speaking rapidly in that other language. It's something I have never heard before. Probably Arabic? Some Otherworldly language?

She yanked open drawers, ranting, and started throwing tools on the floor. She finally found what she needed and ran back into the room Madame was in.

"Is Madame okay?" I asked Nathan. He nodded.

"Mia is just very concerned for her, but Madame is really tough. Besides, it's not much a burn you put on her hand."

"How did I even burn her in the first place?"

"I don't know. She is being really quiet about whatever she thinks about you. We just have to trust her. She knows what she is doing."

We stayed like that for a long time. I feel asleep and was awakened when Nathaniel was pulling the covers over me in a comfy, thick bed.

"Get your rest, you'll need it," he said and kissed the top of my forehead. I hummed and allowed my eyes to close, drifting off again.

I was running up this black hill. I was panicked and in a rush. I had to reach the plain wooden building before time ran out. My feet were smacking against the ground, trying to find as much traction as possible. In any normal situation, I wouldn't have been able to run so fast on this steep hill. I managed to defy the laws of physics.

The world around me was shaking and some monster was growling loudly; its growls echoed in the dark red sky.

I reached the building and kicked open the nailed door. It took a few tries, but I was able to get through it. I found a little girl in a very long white dress standing in the middle of the room, looking down at the ground.

"Come here sweetie. I'm here to rescue you. We have to go now," I told her, carefully walking towards her.

She glared at me with eyes that held no pupils. I was taken back a bit, but had to still take the girl with me.

"There isn't much time to waste. We have to go before he manages to get up this hill. I promise, I won't hurt you."

She barred her fangs at me and leaped at me. I quickly dodged out of the way, only to be tackled from behind.


I quickly sat up and looked around the darkened room. Nathan still had an arm around me, sleeping quietly. I slithered out of his limp grasp and walked to the main room to find a candle lit beside Madame.

"Had a thrilling dream?" she asked, sipping on some sort of drink.

"Yeah." I took the seat across from her and twiddled my thumbs.

"I have something very important to tell you. I assumed since you're up now and fully awake, I should tell you now." I nodded and waited for her to continue.

She took another sip and set her drink down. "I had a vision of Nathaniel and you falling asleep together. When you wake up, he'll be gone."

I stared at her for awhile, pondering. "So, he's going to leave me?"

"No, he is going to be taken away from you."

"When?"

"I don't know."

"Where?"

"In a place that is surrounded by green."

"Any more details?"

"Hmm. You were wearing his shirt."

"So, do you think this will happen on our journey?"

"I don't know."

"Okay, I don't see the importance of this. So he gets taken? By the police or by some Otherworldly creature or villain or what?"

"I don't know. All I saw was how distressed you were that you couldn't find him. You ran everywhere in search for him, but he was no where to be found."

"So he is just going to disappear?"

"Maybe." For a lady who was suppose to be all psychic, she was giving me a lot of lame answers.

"Well, thanks, for warning me. I'll be on the look out for that. I'll make sure not to sleep in any area where there's green and not to sleep in his shirts anymore," I told her. She smiled at me.

"It's going to happen one way or another Victoria. You can't change your destiny."

"I could if I tried," I told her. She laughed and shook her head. "I'm going to bed. I got a lot of questing and stuff to do tomorrow. So, see you in the morning, Madame."

"Good night."

I crawled back in with Nathan after peaking around our room for any traces of green. I just saw a lot of brown, yellow and orange. He woke up a bit and just snuggled closer to me, falling back to sleep instantly.

After perhaps another hour, I managed to fall asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah... sorry for the very late update.

I had a lot of school stuff to do (and a whole bunch more now with the SAT just two days away and AP tests coming up just around the corner, and and my birthday, and half my friends' birthdays and prom and yeah... busy busy busy). Oh, and also I had a minor writer's block.

I'm back though, hopefully, and I'll try to get the next chapter out ASAP.

Okay? Okay.

Thank you my lovely five subscribers for following this story! :D I do love yall!

And special thanks to karen's evil twin, Ice_Cat, and Trig-ger for your comments! :D