Status: I have new method now. So enjoy the new chapter

Fatal Attraction

Together at Last

Thankfully today is a minimum day at school. I can't tell what I'm going to do about Nadine. I'm still thinking about the dream I had about her. The sex was great but, the dance with her was more amazing. However, I'll never forget how she looked in that dress. I leave my home and start walking toward school. I walk by Lawrence's house and he doesn't walk out. I go knock on his door. His mom answers.

“Hello Miguel.” She said
“Hello Mrs. Reshad.” I said. “Is Lawrence home?”
“Yes he is but, hes feeling very sick though.”
“Oh okay. I'll drop by after school to give him his homework.”
“Thank you. Have a nice day.”
“You too.”

I walk toward school by myself. I wonder how Lawrence got sick, maybe it might have been something he ate. I get to school and walk over to my friends. I see that no one else is there but Trish. She gets up and gives me a hug and kiss on the cheek. I look around and wonder where everyone is.

“Where is everyone?” I said
“They're all sick.” She said
“All of them?”
“Yes.”
“How is that possible?”
“I don't know.”
“Well how was your day yesterday?”
“Good. Nadine is a great girl.”
“I had a feeling about that.”
“You like her don't you?”
“I made that obvious didn't I?”
“Yeah, you did. I understand though.”
“What do you mean?”
“Do I really need to explain it?”
“No.”
“I'm not doing anything after school today. Would you like to hangout?”
“Why not. What do you want to do?”
“We could go to the park.”
“Okay.”

The bell rang and we walked to our classes. Trish and I have history together, we sit at the same table and we pass notes to each other. We were caught once but, the teacher let it slide. We sat down at our seats and say that the agenda for today was a game, to help review for the test on Monday.
The teacher tells us that the team with the most points will get ten points extra credit. Trish and I looked at each other and smiled. The teacher Mrs. Jacoyous, was asking questions and calling on tables.

I was asked a question on aviation and I got it correct. Another student was asked a question on the Berlin airlift and got it wrong. After several dozen question the bell rang and my table won. We were given our extra credit and we left the class room. I gave Trish a hug and left for my next class. I walk into my math class and sit down. It's going to be weird without Lawrence here to joke around with. Mr. Romless was handing out the tests again. He stood at the front of the class and went over the questions. I got every question right so I didn't care.
I decided to do the work on the board, while I was doing it. I looked up and saw that Mr. Romless was announcing who got the highest scores on the test. Mine was the highest and Lawrence was second highest. The shock of Lawrence having the second highest test score made me fall out of my chair. Everybody in the class looked at me.

“Miguel, is there anything wrong?” Said Mr. Romless
“Not at all.” I said.
“Then sit down and pay attention.”
“Yes sir.”

The bell rings and I hear that there is no homework and the work on the board I was doing was actually for another class. I get up and head to the locker room to get changed for weight training. I walked up to the weight room and I picked up two twenty five pound dumbbells. I stood with my back against the wall while I did bicep curls. While I was minding my own business I saw Chuck arguing with another student. They were pushing each other and cursing. I put down the dumbbells and go to help out the other student.

“What the hell is going on here.” I said
“Fuck off Miguel.” said Chuck
“You stay away from my girlfriend asshole.” Said the other student
“She wants a real man not a small little boy like you Thomas.” Said Chuck. I stepped in between them.
“Look guys calm down, and settle this some where else.” I said
“Fuck that. I'm going to show this little rat what happens when you talk shit to me.” Said Chuck
“I'll kick your ass Blondie boy.” Said Thomas.
“Bring it small fry.” Said Chuck

Chuck threw a punch at Thomas and I grabbed his fist. He looked at me and threw his other hand at me. Thomas blocked it and tripped Chuck, I almost fell back but I stayed on my feet. I look at the ground and Thomas is hammering away at Chucks face. I pull Thomas off Chuck and he pushes me away to get back to Chuck. Too late, Chuck is already up and grabs Thomas and throws him outside the weight room. I run to separate them but, Chuck sees me and kicks me in the balls and punches me in the face everything blacks out after that.

I wake up in the nurses office and see a ice pack next to the bed I'm lying in. I pick up the ice pack and put it to my head. I sit up and see Thomas in the bed across from me. He doesn't look any better than me but then again, I did take a blow to the head so he might look better than I do. He sits up and faces my direction. We make eye contact and nod.

“How you feeling?” I said
“A lot better than you.” He said
“That's good.” “Where's Chuck?”
“In there. I really let him have it.”
“So what's going on between you two?”
“He's trying to manipulate my girlfriend.”
“He did that with mine. She's with him now.”
“Rose?”
“Yeah. How did you know?”
“My girlfriend and Rose are best friends.”
“Wait, they're best friends and your girlfriend has not told Rose that Chuck is trying to sleep with her?”
“Yeah pretty much.”
“That sucks.”
“Hey sorry about pushing you.”
“It's cool, I should have let you kicked his ass.”
“I did, that's why I got suspended.”
“You're suspended?”
“I don't know yet but after what I did to Chuck, maybe.”
I laugh. “Nice.”

The principle walks in and tells us to come to his office. I get up and can barely stand. Thomas helps me walk. Chuck gets wheeled in on a chair. The principle suspends Chuck and Thomas and tells me I have detention for today and all of next week. Even though I didn't fight I'm still in trouble for getting involved. However, Thomas vouches for me and said I didn't do anything. The principle called in the other students and asked them what happened and they all vouched for me too. So Mr. Butatum decides to let me go. I walk to my fifth period class, Chemistry.

Right when I get in the teacher informs me to go back to the office. I go back to the office and am signed off to go home early. Before I leave I pick up the homework and leave for Lawrence's house. I knock on the door and he answers it.

“Damn. What the hell happened to you?” He said
“I'll tell you tomorrow.” I said
“Do you want to come in and put some ice on that?”
“No, I'll be fine. Here's your homework.”
“Thanks.”
“I'll see ya I have to go change and crap.”
“Why?”
“I'm going to hangout with Trish for a while.”
“Oh okay. Later dude.”
“Later.”

I walk back home and open the door to my house. My parents are still at work. I take a shower and change into some fresh clothes. School gets out in a few minutes I walk back to campus waiting for Trish. The bell rings and I see her walking with Nadine. I give them both a hug. Trish tells me that Nadine will be coming with us. I have no problem with it.

“Miguel. What happened to your head?” said Trish
“I got hit in the face by Chuck.” I said
“Were you two fighting?”
“No he was fighting someone else and I was just trying to break them up.”
“At least you tried to help and not make it worse.”
“Thanks.” Trish turned to Nadine.
“So tell me about Fred.”

My heart sank when I heard that. I'm not giving up now though. I made a promise and I'm going to keep it. We start walking toward the park. Nadine begins on how great Fred is.

“Fred is so sweet.” Said Nadine. “He makes me laugh and I just love our talks.”
“That's cute. You two would make a good couple.”
Damn it Trish. Why do you have to say that? They continue talking.

“I think he is going to ask me out.” Said Nadine
“Are you going to say yes?” Said Trish
“I don't know.”
“You should totally say yes.”
“I think I will now.”

Crap. Why does this only happen to me?

“Can we change the subject please?” I said
“Some one sounds jealous.” Said Trish
“I'm not jealous. I just don't want to hear you two talking about some guy.”
“Sure.” Said Nadine

They walk a head of me laughing and whispering. Now I really made it obvious. I catch up with them and listen to their stupid conversation. Nadine's voice is so sweet that it makes it all the worth while. Trish pulls out her phone.

“Hello.” she said “Oh hi mom. Right now? Okay I'll be over soon.”
“You have to leave?” I said
“Yes.” “Sorry I couldn't stay.”
“It's fine.”

She gives Nadine a hug and kisses me on the cheek. Nadine and I wave good bye to her as she walks away. Okay here is my chance. Don't think to much don't think to hard. Nadine and I continue walking to the park. We stop at the swing sets she gets on one of the swings and asks me to push her. I do and she starts laughing. I start laughing too. While shes swinging she jumps off and lands on her feet. She looks back at me and smiles.

“Think you can beat that?” She said
“I know I can.” I get on the swing and swing back and forth a few times before jumping off. Right when my feet hit the ground I notice I just barely beat Nadine.
“Lucky. I can beat that.” She said
“Go for it.” I said

She rushes back to the swing and gets on the swing an swings back and forth before jumping off. When she does I can see that shes going to land farther than I did so, to prevent this I catch her before she lands. I thought she would be mad but, she just laughs.

“Easy there cowboy.” She said “I'm no damsel in distress.”
“I had to catch the pretty lady before she fell.” I said in a southern accent.
“Well thank you.” she said in southern accent

We went and sat down at a park bench. She looked at my head wound and touched it. I flinched a little. She pulled her hand away and apologized.

“So why did Chuck punch you?” She said
“I tried breaking up a fight between him and another student named Thomas.” I said
“Does Chuck not like you?”
“Yeah. Him and I have a huge problem with the each other.”
“Why?”
“I was with a girl named Rose and well I loved her more than anything. Her and I had a real close relationship. One day Chuck comes to the school and starts flirting with her. At first I thought I had nothing to worry about. However, she started spending a lot of time with him and I found out she cheated on me with him.” I start to get a little teared up. “She left me for him and completely broke my heart.”
“I'm sorry to hear that. She had a guy who loved her more than anything and she leaves him for a sweet talker.”
“I think he's cheating on her.”
“Do you want her back?”
“No.”
“Why?”
“After how she hurt me I can never take her back.”
“I see. So did you you kick his ass for what he did?”
“No I didn't bother fighting him.”
“Lets change the subject.” “What type of person are you?”
“I'm that guy who will never turn his back on you. I like to laugh and listen to music. My friends come to me when they are feeling down, because they know they can trust me with their problems.”
“That's the type of guy I want.”
“To be honest. I don't think that guy is Fred.”
“I know, I was just saying that to mess with you.”
“Wait what?”
“Miguel the moment you and I met I could already tell you're a great guy. The type of guy I want to be with?” she said while putting her hands on the back of my head.
“Are you saying you want to be my girlfriend?” I put my hands on her head.
“Yes silly.”

We then leaned into each other and kissed. She kisses just like she did in my dream, When we were on the hammock. We pull away from each other make eye contact and smile. Then we go right back to kissing. I don't want to stop kissing her. She pulls away and smiles.

“Could you walk me home?” she said
“Sure. How far do you live from here?” I said
“Not to far. Just down that hill.”
“Okay.”

We get up and walk hand in hand lacing our fingers together. I simply can't believe this moment, I'm actually with her the girl I want to be with. Then I think to myself. I don't know anything about her.

“Tell me about yourself.” I said
“Nice girl, loves to draw, likes hanging out with friends, and trustworthy.” She said
“Was that for what I did yesterday?”
“Duh.”

We share a laugh and I walk her home. She kisses me before she goes in. When the door closes I jump up and down celebrating. I did it, now I can fulfill the promise I made to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that this took so long I wanted to make this a good chapter. Expect more drama to come.