Status: Finished

Venemous Turn

Chapter One: The Cabin (Avery's POV)

“You can’t come can you?” I asked Leon.

"Babe, I’m sorry I don’t want to cancel on you again, but…” he started to tell me but I cut him off.

“I know you don’t want to. Don’t bother explaining what came up I’m sure you have a good reason. It’d just be nice to see my boyfriend every once in a while.” I said sighing and just hanging up the phone. I didn’t want to hear his excuses for bailing on me.

Maybe I shouldn’t call it bailing but it sure felt like it. Something always seems to come up whether it was work or he had other plans. All I wanted was to see him and this was my best chance. We were supposed to go to a cabin me and some friends had rented for the weekend. Tonight it was just suppose to be us and everyone else would come up on Saturday. I didn’t care I had planned for an extra night so I drove out to the cabin by myself. I wasn’t too much of an experienced wilderness person but I figured I knew enough to survive for one night on my own. I mean I was 20 already. I heard my phone ringing as I pulled to the side of the road to answer it. Surprise, surprise, it was Leon.

“Hello,” I answered trying to not sound as mad as I was.

“Avery where are you? Lacy called me saying you weren’t at home and she was wondering if we had left yet.” He questioned as if it was so difficult to see what I was doing.

“Well, we didn’t leave anywhere. Me, on the other hand am off to the cabin as planned. So you can tell Lacy that and everyone else. Just because you canceled, as always, on me doesn’t mean that I have to throw all my plans out the window. So I have to go so I can get there before dark.” I said snapping the phone shut as Leon tried to make a protest against what I was saying. I didn’t want to hear it though. I couldn’t hear it tonight.

I didn’t understand how all the love we once had and held so dearly had seemed to shift down a few gears. I always thought that love was the one thing that mattered more than anything, but lately I couldn’t prove it because I was trying to prove it alone. My mind was clouded and distracted as I started on the dirt road that led to the cabin. I tried to focus knowing I had to be careful but it felt so hard. I hated feeling like Leon and I were on such different pages lately. I came to a sharp curved turn and underestimating my car I went into the turn a little to fast. I tried to regain control but I lost the battle as I heard the rear end of the car ram into a nearby tree.

Before I knew it the car was spinning more out of control and it turned over and over rolling down the hill of the turn. The crunching of glass rang as I felt my skin tearing in small cuts with the glass. Then finally all stood still as my head met the roof of the car. I unbuckled the seat belt and tried to get out of the car. It was completely totaled as the trees on the downturn had reshaped it. I don’t see how I managed to be crawling to the nearby rock when it seemed I should have been dead instead. I couldn’t bring myself to really stand as I lay down by the rock for what felt like a few hours. I didn’t bother to check my cell because I knew that I had no signal and the only landline was in the cabin. I didn’t even know which way the cabin was as I looked around. My car had done minimal damage to most of the trees it hit so I couldn’t tell where on earth I had come from. I tried to stand but I was more leaning trying to hold on from tree to tree. I walked for what seemed to be more than what my injured body could handle. I felt the blood dried all over my skin and my head was throbbing but I tried to carry on in what I hoped was the direction of the cabin. Finally my body couldn’t handle any of it anymore as I collapsed to the ground as I saw nothing but the surrounding trees as my eyes closed to darkness.