Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

Forget About Me

Brittany-

I watched as Alex played with Madelyn. Something about it seemed so natural. It was as if he was her biological father. She yawned and looked up at me. I picked her up and carried her to my room. She was fast asleep as I put her down. I shut the door partially in case she woke up and would cry. Alex stood outside the door. He followed me out to the kitchen.

“So how are things with you and your boyfriend?” He asked trying to start a conversation. “Devin, right?”

“Yeah, he’s not my boyfriend. He met Maddy and was like a dick because I have a baby so I told him to get the fuck out. If he doesn’t love Maddy then he’s nothing to me.”

“You know,” He put his hands on the counter on both sides of me to prevent me from escaping. “I love the both of you. That’ll never change.”

“Alex, I- I don’t know…”

“Don’t know what?” He cupped my face gently. “I mean it.” Before I could speak he placed his lips to mine in a tender kiss, as if I were made of glass. I snaked my arms around his neck as he moved his to my waist. As with every kiss we shared there was the same amount of love and passion.

“How do I know you’re not going to be an ass by tomorrow?” I pulled away.

“You know I love you two. And I know sure as hell you felt what I felt in those kisses.” He put his forehead to mine.

“Fine, if you love us then prove it to me. Before we’re anything, I want to know you love Maddy.” I hoped that what he was saying was true.

“I can handle that. So, this Saturday, before our show, I’m taking you and Maddy out for the day.” He smiled. Something about the way his eyes would light up when he spoke about her told me he was being completely truthful. “Before I go and do anything. Food allergies?”

“No, Maddy doesn’t have any.

“Do you?”

“Just certain fruits I can’t eat. It’s no big deal.”

“Like?”

“Peaches just can kill me, pears make it hard to breathe and apples make my mouth
itch like crazy.” He nodded before pulling me over to the couch in the other room. He sat
down and pulled me on his lap. We sat in utter silence. His arms wrapped around my waist as his head was in the crook of my neck. The warmth of his breath was enough to give me goose bumps. Alex looked up and his chocolate orbs met mine. He kissed me once more. Just as the kiss start to heat up, a knock sounded from the door. I looked out the window to see our friends standing behind it.

“Brittany!” Jack jumped on me nearly sending me to the floor but Alex caught me.

“Easy Barakat. And be quiet, Maddy is sleeping.” Alex said as he wrapped his arms around me from behind. Our friends stared at the two of us. Alex simply pecked my cheek and looked back at the three in front of us.

“Uhm, something you’re not telling us here?” Zack pointed to Alex’s arms around me.
“Did your balls finally drop?”

“They dropped a long time ago buddy. If anyone’s balls need to drop they’re yours. You
need to ask that Sevie chick out.” Zack turned red instantly.

“Alex, leave him alone! he can like whoever he wants. And no, there’s nothing going on between us. I told him I’d give him a chance but he has to prove that he really does love
Maddy and I.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Jonathan Cook, and more comments mean more chapters! :) this is almost over, it has maybe 5-9 chapters left. tell me if you want a sequel!
xxxxxxxBrittany