Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

I Was Your Chance to Get Out of This Town

Brittany-

I was in my room changing into my dress. Maddy sat on the floor in front of the mirror watching me. I picked her up and carried her down to the kitchen so I could get my hair and makeup done. As I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw, Sevie waiting in the kitchen. The makeup artist stood there as well talking to Mrs. Johnson. As the seconds grew to minutes the anticipation grew stronger. I was going to find out who the secret admirer was tonight. It was finally that time. Everyone met in front of my house by the limo. We stood in front of the garden for our group photos and our date photos. Since Alex, didn’t have a date, I posed with him.

“You look amazing.” He whispered. His mother and Mrs. Johnson each took a picture.“Where’s Maddy?” He Jogged over to her and scooped her up before returning to me.

“What are you doing Alex?”

“Mom, can you get a picture of us?” He called to his mother Isobel.

“Yes, dear.” She smiled back. “Well aren’t the three of you just perfect together?”

“Mom…” Alex groaned as he turned a faint pink. She as with everyone else laughed.

“Yeah, Alex. You three are perfect together. I better see a ring on that finger soon.” Jack said in a girly voice causing everyone to laugh harder minus Alex and I. We were all in the limo on our way to our senior prom. Alex sat next to me while Jack and his date sat on the other side of Alex. Sevie and Zack sat next to Rian and his date across from us. It was finally here, the final part of senior year. This was the last landmark before graduation. Two weeks to be exact. Then we would be done. Once we were at the venue, I looked at my phone to see that it was nearly seven. I pulled Jack out to the patio to wait with me. At exactly seven o’clock, I saw a person emerge from behind the fountain. It couldn’t be. The person approached me.

“Look, I know you might be disappointed that it’s me. But I started this before you and I ever started to actually get along. What I wrote in those notes to you were things I was too afraid to say in person. When I say I love you, Brittany, I seriously do mean it. I love you and Maddy with everything in me. You and Maddy are the two best things that ever happened to me. You don’t have to say yes to being my girlfriend, but all I’m asking is for you to spend one night with me. So I can prove myself to you.”

“Alex, I- I had no idea it was you. I never thought it would be you. Never in a million years. But you know that you could’ve just said that to me in person. If you did, we could’ve been together by now.” He looked at his feet. I put a hand on his cheek. “But I will tell you that I’m very happy that it is you.” I stepped closer, placing a light kiss on his lips. It didn’t take but a second for him to kiss back.

“Tonight, there’s a prom after party.” He held up a room key card. “You and me.”

“Alex, I have Maddy to take care of. You know that.”

“Already taken care of. My parents are watching her tonight.” He smiled as he put his hands on my waist. “So… what do you say?”

“Fine, I’ll go.”

“Good. Now let’s go inside so everyone can see this smoking hot chick I have for my date.” He winked. I pushed him playfully. The night went well. Alex and I spent most of the night dancing together which resulted in over half of our class staring at us. We didn’t seem to care about any of it. Just the person in front of us. We sat at out table for the dinner. Alex’s hand found mine under the table. He laced our fingers together as he smiled down at me.

“So how’s your night going future Mr. and Mrs. Gaskarth.” Jack joked again.

“Good.” Alex and I said in unison. The night came to an end. The final thing to do was announce prom king and queen, their dance and then the final dance of the night.

“May I have your attention please.” The principal spoke. “I am happy to announce the
Delaney High School Class of 2006’s prom king and queen is… Alex Gaskarth and Lisa Ruocco!”
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks again to Jonathan Cook! yes we are wifey! i loves youh!!!!
and thanks to everyone who's subscribed so far.
sad to say that this only has like 7 more chapters left!
looks like there is a good possibility for a sequel..
follow me on twitter? @Hey_Brittanyyy

xxxxxBrittany