Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

Don't Make This Easy

Brittany-

Today I refused to get out of bed. As usual, I was left home alone. I didn’t mind it, I actually enjoyed it. This was the only time I wasn’t getting abused. Ever since I was little, my mother would hit me. When I was fourteen, I was molested. I was raped nearly every day since. One day, I got pregnant. I now have a one year old daughter, Maddy. She lived with my grandmother. Or until I graduated. I saw her every day. I made sure of it. There was a loud knock at the door. I crawled out of my bed to look out the window to see who it was. I saw the familiar skunk haired boy. Slowly I made my way down to the door. Dreadfully I opened the door to be face to face with him.

“Jack?”

“Uh, yeah. I just came by to apologize for last night. We were way out of line. So I’m gonna go. See you at school.” With that he turned on his heel and walked down the path. I shut the door behind him before walking to the kitchen to get something to drink. My stomach growled. I ignored it. I was hungry but refused to eat. That’s another thing. I’m anorexic. Another knock came from the door. I looked out the window to see Rian, Jack and a little boy.

“RIan? What are you doing here?” I asked as I opened the door.

“I wanted to make sure this one apologized. And to see if you’re okay.” My eyes wnet from RIan to Jack. I was about to say something when I saw the boy clutching to his leg.

“I gotta go potty!” He whined. Jack groaned.

“Bathroom is around the corner that way.” I pointed. He mouthed a ‘Thank you’ and hurried to the bathroom. I let Rian in and we stood in the hall awkwardly.

“Lovely home. Rian said breaking the silence.

“Hah. Nice one.” I muttered under my breath. Rian looked at me cautiously. He opened his mouth to speak but the child came running back in the room.

“Nathan, calm down.” The skunk haired boy told the young child who was nearly bouncing off the walls.

“NO!” He screamed.

“You guys can sit down if you want. Would you like anything to drink?” I offered.

“Thanks.” Jack said lightly.

“There’s soda and water.”

“Soda please.” The two said as they sat down. As I came back I watched the child kick Jack. Right where it counts. I suppressed a laugh and went to him.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah I think so.” He choked.

“Well Jack, karma’s a bitch.” I winked. I got to the kitchen and got some ice for him.

“Hey, we have band practice later, you should come.” Rian smiled. Yeah, so you can hurt me more?

Rian-

I waited for an answer patiently. I was trying to be a nice guy and all, hoping to make her smile. I mean Jack and Alex torture her so I wouldn’t blame her if she said no.

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t want to do you?” I asked.

“No, it’s just-”

“Alex?” Jack finished. She nodded. I glanced at her wrist. I nudged Jack and pointed to it. She must have noticed us looking because she pulled her sleeve down. Jack and I looked at each other.

“Come on, don’t worry about him.” I tried to persuade her. “He’s an ass at times. Don’t let him get to you.”

“Fine. If I say ‘yes’ will you stop nagging me?”

“Yes.”
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you to jennabobenna, livinthedriversseat, carey21, Jonathan Cook, and socoollikewhoa124! im still working on the next three chapters i owe you guys! Six subscribers in a matter of hours made me very happy! thank you guys sooo much!
xxxBrittany (and i will answer your questions too)

jennabobenna asked:will you be switching from Alex to Brittany throughout the story?

answer: yes, that's what i'm aiming for but some times i will throw in someone else or have both POV's it was just tricky in this one.