Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

A Stabbing Pain in My Back

Alex-

Why am I spending a Saturday morning in bed one might ask? I had a slight lack of motivation today. My heart throbbed knowing that she hated my. My parents were at work, leaving me home alone. I don’t know what hurts me the most right now. Whether it’s the fact that she hates me or that I know I can never have her, I’ll never know. I got up and stared at myself in the mirror. My eyes were bloodshot, dark circles consumed them. Dragging myself down the hall and to the stairs I slowly descended to the kitchen. The quietness of the home seemed to taunt me. I felt abandoned, left out in the cold. Maybe this was how she felt. As for me, I made it worse for her. The front door opened and closed. I looked through the doorway to see Zack.

“You look peachy.” He laughed and sat at the island. “What’s the deal with you?”

“I fucked up.”

“Really? I couldn’t tell.”

“I really like her. Out of all the girl’s I’ve dated or had the slightest feelings toward, she means the most to me.”

“Why weren’t you nicer to her? You could’ve had your chance.”
I sat in my room that night thinking about the past. Debating on what I would do and how I would do it was not easy. Then it hit me. A song. I would write her a song and I would win her heart. I grabbed my guitar, a pencil and a notebook. Unsure of what to write I started playing random chords.

Lights out
I still hear the rain
These images that fill my head
Tell my voice what it takes to
Speak up, Speak up
And keep my conscience clean, when I wake

What was I going to call it? I didn’t want to put her name in there. Wait, I got it. Her nickname was Jasey Rae. That’s it. I’ll call it “Jasey Rae”.

Don’t make this easy,
I want you to mean it
Jasey, (Say you’ll mean it)
You’re dressed to kill
I’m calling you out. (don’t waste your time on me)
Now there’s an aching in my back
a stabbing pain that says I lack

I couldn’t think of anymore. I put my guitar on the stand and notebook and pencil in the drawer. My father knocked on the door.

“Is that a new song?” He asked leaning against the door frame. I nodded. “What’s it called?”

“Jasey Rae.” I spoke quietly.

“A girl?”

“Yeah, her name is Brittany. According to Rian her nickname is Jasey Rae.”

“Why don’t you bring her home? Your mother and I would love to meet her.”

“Well, she kind of highly despises me right now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter for you guys! 20 subscribers, lets get this up to 21? please and thank you. and comments lead to chapters!
love brittany