Sequel: Remembering Sunday

I Still Hear the Rain

The Common Sense and Confidence

Alex-

The cold wintry wind blew throughout the cemetery. The ground beneath my feet was hard, frozen. My hands were stuffed into my pockets of my jacket in an effort to keep them warm. When I arrived at my destination I stared at the headstone. Gaskarth . My older brother Tom was my best friend. I might have been significantly younger than him, but I looked up to him. His death shattered my family as any death does to people. The fact that it was intentional made it worse. I sat down in front of him.

“Hey Tom.” I started. “I really need you right now. You would know what to do. There’s this girl, I really like her, but I was a jerk to her and she hates me. I wrote her a song to tell her how I feel. But it’s just- I don’t know. I want to change it so badly. I just don’t have the confidence.” I heard rustling across the courtyard. There she was. I watched as she put flowers in front of a headstone. I got to my feet and approached her slowly, keeping my distance.

“Hey Dad.” She said. “It’s me.” She spotted me.

“Uh, hey.” I said quietly.

“Hello.”

“Why are you here alone?” I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

“Visiting my dad, you?”

“Brother.” She looked at her converse. Silence and awkwardness consumed us. “You were right, you know.” I looked at her sincerely. She nodded before walking toward the gates.

Brittany-

I sat on the stage of the bar room. All Time Low had a show here tonight. Zack joined me.

“I saw Alex today. At the cemetery.”

“Oh? He goes there often.”

“He was different. Like it was awkward.” I fell back. Zack did the same. “I don’t get him.”

“No one does.” Rian, Jack and Alex joined us. They laid across from us.

During the show we stood off to the side watching as the other bands played. It was finally ATL’s turn to play. I took my spot with my camera. I first focused on Jack. Then Zack and Rian. And lastly, Alex. As I looked up at him, his eyes met mine. For a brief second, I saw through him. Like I could see a sweet side of him. He winked. My cheeks burned and I looked away as I rolled my eyes. I told myself not to fall for him. After their set we stood outside in the chilly February night air.

“Are you All Time Low?” A middle aged man asked.

“Yeah.” The front man raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

“I’m Dan, with Hopeless Records. You guys have potential. Ever consider sending in a demo?” Alex nodded. “Here’s my card, call me and we can set up a meeting.”

“Thanks, will do.” He smiled as he took the card. The man walked away and the band simply stared at the card.

“Did this seriously just happen?” The guitarist’s voice shook in excitement.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter! thanks to everyone who comments and subscribed!
xxx Brittany