Status: c'est fini.

The Nerd Boy

If I just saved you;

Image

I hadn’t planned to have Francis over, but I couldn’t just send him back home to his father. I couldn’t believe that anyone could be treated like that, no matter what anyone says. If that was my dad, I would be so extremely pissed off with him that I’d possibly never talk to him again. Although, my dad would never do anything like that, but that’s not the point.

Emma saw us in the hallway, and she grinned at me when she saw Francis. She seems to like him, but I knew from her eyes that she was giving me that sisterly look where she was being embarrassing and deciding to tease me. I stuck my tongue out her as she giggled and disappeared back into her room. She was the best sister in the world, seriously. Francis looked at me, confused as to what had happened.

"Did I miss something?" he asked and I smirked, pushing my bedroom door open.

I had a sofa on the right side of the room, which was used mainly for any guests I had round. Kennedy used to hate that sofa with a passion, he'd end up face flat on the floor in the morning, groaning about it being like sleeping on a bed of nails. I never really bothered to replace it.

"You can sleep there," I told Francis, pointing at the bed as he eyed it rather disapprovingly.

"Really? I'd rather sleep with you." Then he gave me this most cutest puppy dog eyed look I've ever seen on anyone's face. I think I just melted thirty times over. How can I say no? I can't and he knows it.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, "I'll just warn you that you'll probably be hit in the face. I'm a restless sleeper."

He really didn't seem to care in that matter because he shrugged, a smile on his face. It wasn't late enough to go to sleep immediately, so for the next few hours we did a variety of stuff. We watched Harry Potter (which is an absolutely incredible movie, in my opinion) and then ended up playing a game on my Nintendo Wii.

I learned how competitive Francis can be, especially when he is losing. He got in a mood with me after he lost for two seconds flat (he's a sore loser) and then I decided to kiss him because Francis being in a mood with me is like someone shooting you with a gun, repeatedly.

I laid back on the floor, the music that I had turned on for the sake of it blaring in the background. I closed my eyes, enjoying this very moment with everything I had.

"What do you plan to do after we leave school?" Francis asked me, out of the blue.

I turned myself around to look at him and noticed he was gazing into the distance, his mind somewhere else.

I hadn't exactly thought of what I would do, I've been trying to keep it at the back of my mind because in some ways I really do not want to move on. I love how things are now and I wouldn't change it for anything. But I know that this won't last long, we'll be going to different places, and we'll all have different futures. That idea scares me, it makes me realize that nothing lasts forever.

"To be honest, I haven't thought of that yet," I admitted, "My parents want me to go to college but I don't know. I'll probably end up doing that."

He nodded, looked away and then looked back at me. Something was iffy about the way he was acting, suspicious even. I sat up, curious to why he was acting this way.

"What do you plan to do?"

It's not like we had talked about this before with each other, we haven't. I haven't exactly talked about it with anyone for that matter. I vaguely knew that Kennedy wanted to become a photographer, but we hadn't really spoke further on that. But I didn't even have a clue what Francis wanted to do.

"I wanted to travel."

"Travel?"

"Yes, as in travel the world. I was thinking I could maybe be an archaeologist or something," he answered.

Oh, oh. He wanted to travel the world while I was stuck in little old England. So that's why he wanted to talk about this, he was informing he wasn't going to be here forever, it was like a wake up call. Having understood this, the happiness that I had had earlier was beginning to seep out of me. Francis noticed the change in my emotions as he rested his hand on my shoulder in an almost comforting way.

"What are you thinking about? You're frowning," he poked at my forehead as I batted his hand away from me.

"You're going to leave and I'll be left here all by myself...without you," I mumbled. What was wrong with me? I felt so miserable about this and we still had a while until that time came when this year would end.

His facial expression softened, as he kissed me again soft and slow but ever so brilliant.

"You'll never be alone because I will always be right here," he poked twice where my heart was.

I was transfixed by his eyes, they made me believe that he was right that I would always have him with me. I've really fallen hard for Francis and I think he's made me fall for him even more from what he had just said.

Saying I love him was like stepping into new territory, it was scary but exciting at the exact same time. So did I love him? Yes, with everything.

-

Kennedy wasn't letting me in on the whole bet thing with Carson, in fact he was trying to keep it a secret. He was grinning all the way to school the following morning, which only made me more curious to find out what exactly he had planned for the poor boy. We saw Carson locking up his bike and Kennedy ran over to him, the biggest grin on his face I've ever seen.

"So are you ready then?" he asked Carson cheekily, receiving a heated glare from the other boy.

He flipped him off and walked ahead of us and that's when I noticed it.

Holy fuck.

Carson was walking in a funny way, in a limp almost and from the glowing expression on Kennedy's face, I guessed why.

"Did you two fuc-" Kennedy clamped a hand over my mouth before I could finish that sentence.

"Yes, yes we did. Although I only asked for a kiss, but it kind of escalated."

Obviously. I was gaping at him, and then back at Carson who had now entered the building, disappearing from sight. It's not like I wanted to hear about Kennedy's affairs but I was happy that he had sort of moved on, that's just what I wanted for him.

The disbelieving expression disappeared from my face as I smiled at him. "So are you two going out now?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? You must know."

Kennedy gave me a look that clearly said 'stop talking for a second', as he explained this whole weird thing to me.

"We haven't really talked about it, I mean, I want us too but there's complications."

He told me about Carson's crush on the teacher and how he still didn't know whether he had gotten over him or not yet. He also told me how Carson still has this weird idea that he's a replacement for me, but Kennedy objected to that. He's moved on, thank god, but Carson doesn't seem to think so.

"You know what, I'll help you to get him," I told him as his eyes lit up like light bulbs.

I should have told him about the conversation Francis and I had the night before, but I chose not to. Kennedy's happiness was more important at this point.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really should stop leaving this story for months on end.
But anyway, here's a chapter :)

hyrule.
trixcereal
A T T A C K !
La Rawra!
The Lucky Ones
rainier
Renavelia
Clb4ever
imperfecktion
DoYouEvenCare?
matthuee.
polka dot perfection (omg, i am obsessed with your stories xD !)
grape1
Hot Chelle Rae
love ya!
Comment and Subscribe?
Don't be a silent reader :)

The next chapter won't be that long now, I promise.