What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

First Date

****Max's p.o.v.****


The class ended and Linda was waiting for me at the library doors. I packed up my things and was about to leave when Ronnie caught my arm.

"You never gave me an answer." He said.

"To what?"

"My offer for Friday."

"Oh, yeah that. My answer is no." I said.

"Oh, well I-"

"My answer is no because I'm busy on Friday. I'm free tonight and Thursday." I explained.

"Oh well, if that's the case you want to come over to watch a movie or something tonight?" He asked scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah, sure. I don't know how to get to your house though."

"I'll come pick you up say around 6?"

"Sure. See you then." I smiled.

"Yeah, see you then." He smiled a crocked smile making me smile more. I said bye and walked over to Linda.

"Have a nice chat?" She asked. I glared at her and we walked back to the apartments.

I did anything to keep myself busy before my date you could say. I did my homework which took about two hours. I even finished my half of the science project which only took another hour. So, it was now 5 o'clock and I still had an hour to wait before Ronnie would pick me up.

"What's got you all nervous?" Linda asked walking into the living room.

"Um, don't get mad at me, okay?" She nodded. "I'm kinda going on a date soon." I said.

"Who's the lucky person?" She asked.

"Ronnie." I mumbled.

"Who?" She asked again.

"Ronnie." I said a little louder. She stared at me for a second not able to understand what I had just said.

"This can't be happening." She muttered pacing the room.

"Linda, this isn't a big deal. Its-"

"No! Shut up! This is a big deal! This is a huge deal! I-I need some air." She muttered before walking out the room. I contemplated going after her, but she would probably just run away from me. I didn't see what the big deal was. It was just a date. I sighed. She was just being difficult I guess.

Time seemed to take longer to wind without Linda here to occupy my thoughts. It was almost six, and the seconds seemed like hours. I don't know why I was so nervous. I've been on dates before. Hell, I've had boyfriends and girlfriends before. I don't get why this one date was so nerve racking.

I jumped when I heard a knock on the door. Here we go. I opened the door, and Ronnie was standing there with all his glory.

"Hey, sugar. You like nice." I felt heat rise to my checks. God he said two sentences and I was already blushing.

"Thanks. You don't look to bad yourself." He smiled.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah, but where are we going exactly?"

"Back to the pack house to grab some dinner and maybe a movie. Sarah, Oli's sister, her cooking is to die for." He explained while walking me to his car. He opened the car door for me, and I slipped in. He got in on the other side. I shifted in the seat uncomfortably.

"You alright?" Ronnie asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm not used to cars. It's just a little weird."

"Oh, well how do you get around?"

"Linda and I either walk or train hop."

"People still train hop?"

"Yeah, it's usually just hobos with a death wish now. it's extremely difficult, but Linda and I kinda got it perfected."

"Well, hopefully you won't need to use that skill anymore." Ronnie said putting his hand on my knee.

We pulled up to the pack house, and Ronnie opened the door for me. I wasn't used to this kind of chivalry. It was nice. He lead me to the porch with his hand on the small of my back. He unlocked the door and we walked inside. I immediately heard people screaming at each other, and tried to back up. Ronnie stopped me with his hand on my back and gave me a reassuring smile. He lead me through the house, and the screaming got louder. We stopped to what I guess is the dining room where a bunch of people were shouting and throwing food at each other. Ronnie rolled his eyes and kept walking to the kitchen. Oliver and a girl who looked a lot like him was standing in the middle talking.

"Oli, you need to control your pack." Ronnie smirked.

"I do. They just take after their beta." Oliver scoffed.

"Yeah, yeah. Just get them to shut up in there. My ears were practically bleeding walking through there."

"You just have sensitive hearing." Oliver said walking into the dining room. I heard a loud whistle and him shouting for them to be quiet or sleep in the dirt tonight. Ronnie laughed and pulled out a chair at the small table in the kitchen.

"You don't want to eat with your pack?" I asked sitting down. He sat down across from me.

"Well, if you want we could, but that seems a little over whelming for the first date." I nodded.

"So, Sarah what's on the menu for tonight?" Ronnie asked the girl.

"Well, I could tell you the actual name of it but that would confuse you. So, it's meat and vegetables." She said.

"Sounds delicious." Ronnie said as Sarah sat plates in front of us.

"Thanks." Ronnie and I said in unison.

"No problem boys. Have a nice date." She said walking off.

"So, Max where are you really from?" Ronnie asked once Sarah was out of sight.

"Well, the last city I lived in was New York, but I'm really from Vegas."

"Why did you leave?" He asked shoving some food into his mouth.

"Um my parents died when I was young so I went to live with Linda in Virginia. Well, turns out my uncle is a son of a bitch and he beat on Linda and her mom for a long time. One night, I got into a fight with him and when it got physical Linda protected me. We ran away that night, and two moths later Linda changed for the first time. Me a few weeks after. Ever since then we have been jumping town to town." I noticed Ronnie's fork was bent into half the side it used to be.

"You okay their Ronnie?" I asked. He looked at me and then the fork.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine just mates are very protective." I nodded my head and continued eating.

"So, did you grow up in the pack?" I asked after a few minutes.

"No, actually, I grew up in a neighboring pack. My father was the alpha over there, but my older brother would get the title. One day, I accidentally ran onto Oli's land over here and he said he wouldn't kill me if I became beta and made peace with my dad's pack. That was a year or two ago."

"How long has Oliver been alpha?" I asked.

"I think he became alpha when he was around twelve. Don't know why though. He's never said."

"Whoa, that seems kinda young. I mean I've never been in a pack but don't they usually become alphas when they turn twenty or so?"

"Yeah, most of the time. I think he had a special situation." I nodded.

We finished up our dinner, and went to the living room to watch a movie. It was some cheesy horror film, and Ronnie and I just made fun of the terrible graphics and crappy plot line. Somewhere through the half of the film Ronnie put his arm around me. It was kinda nice, and he smelled good. When the movie ended Ronnie drove me home, and we laughed about how stupid the movie was. He walked me to the apartment door. I unlocked the door before turning back to him.

"I had a really nice time tonight, Ronnie." I said.

"I'm glad. I'm actually surprised we didn't get interrupted by the pack at all." I nodded.

"So um, I'll see you tomorrow at school then?" Ronnie asked.

"Of course."

"Okay so bye I guess." He said turning to walk back to his car.

"Ronnie, wait!" I called after him. He turned around and looked at me. "I thought a guy like you would kiss his date good night."

He smirked and walked back over to me. He wrapped one arm around my waist and the other on my check. His lips ghosted over mine for a few seconds before giving me a peck on the lips. He detached himself from me and started walking back to his car.

"That wasn't a real kiss!" I called after him.

"I got do something to keep you coming back. Don't I?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me longer than expected.