What Big Teeth You Have My Dear

Lunch with the Pack? No Big Deal!

****Max's p.o.v.****


I woke up and stretched my body hearing cracks and pops from the unmoved limbs. I was still dead tired because I only had three hours of sleep. Staying up till 2:00 a.m. because you were worried about your cousin and then waking up for school at 5:30 will do that to you.

I walked out of my plain bedroom and saw Linda sitting on the couch. She was ready to go to school already and seemed in a daze. It was weird, she usually never got up this early, let alone ready this early.

"Good morning." I said grabbing the cereal out of the cupboard. The living room was clearly seen from the kitchen seeing as we lived in a tiny apartment.

"What's so good about?" She muttered. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Did you sleep well?"

"That implies that I slept at all. What about you?"

"Not too well. Didn't get enough sleep."

I poured my cereal and sat down on the couch next to Linda. I quickly ate it trying not to spill any.

"You don't need to choke yourself. We got ten minutes before we have to go." Linda muttered.

"Yeah well, you never know how long it will take to get to school."

"Are you sure it's school you want to get to?"

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"I'm sure the only reason you want to get to school is to see Ronnie." The mention of his name made a blush creep up to my checks.

"I mean sure I want to see him, but school is exciting too isn't it?"

"Not to us. " I chuckled and got up to put my dishes in the sink before getting dressed.

I got dressed in my usual clothes. Old, worn out skinny jeans, a band shirt, and some cheap tennis shoes I got from a guy on the New York street corner. It wasn't the most expensive clothing, but it would do. Linda on the other hand worn terrible clothes. She would wear only two different pairs of black pants, three different t-shirts that were plain, and a pair of tennis shoes that she's had for too long. At least, I had enough clothes for a week.

Linda and I walked to school in a slow fashion. The silence seemed deafening. I had tried to break the ice, but Linda would just nod and kept walking. I knew she was upset. I just couldn't tell if it was because of my date or why she was out till the early hours of the morning.

I barely talked in English or history. There wasn't anyone to talk to. Linda seemed in a trance the entire time doing the minimal amount of work to show the teacher. In science, I was thrilled that at least Madison would be there to talk to. But, because the universe hates me, she was absent today. Science dragged on for hours and hours. I jumped out of my seat the second the bell rang and ran to Linda's chemistry class was. Ronnie walked out before Linda and I instantly blushed when he smiled at me.

"Hey, Maxie." Ronnie said leaning against the lockers.

"Hey, Ronnie. How ya' doing?"

"Pretty good, better now." He smirked, and I blushed more. A tomato would be jealous of my face right now.

"You look cute when you blush." Ronnie said, his smirk widening, making me blush even more.

"Wow, you sure now how to embarrass a guy, don't you?" I said hiding my face.

"Not really, just you." Ugh, he just wants my head to become permanently red.

"Um, do you know if Linda is coming out any time soon?"

"She actually has to stay after class to talk with the teacher."

"Oh well, um, I guess I'll see you in mythology then." I muttered turning around to walk to the library. Ronnie caught my hand.

"Do you want to sit with me at lunch? Since Linda can't." He asked.

"Sure, it be nice to actually talk to someone new." I replied.

We walked to the cafeteria. Ronnie's hand never leaving mine making me a blushing mess while walking. When, we entered it seemed to be one of those cliche movie moments when everyone's head snapped towards us and the cafeteria went dead silent. In reality, they only looked for a second, and the talking didn't cease. Ronnie lead me to a table with only about seven people sitting. We sat down the the conversation stopped everyone looking at Ronnie.

"Everyone this is Max. Max this is Greg, Shawn, Christy, Fred, Tulip, Phillip, and you know Oli."

They were an intimidating bunch. Greg is big and stalky with bright red hair and an awkward stubble. Shawn is scrawny with spiked black hair. Christy is tiny and short with pink and blue hair that was long and straight. Fred is muscly and had a short brown buzz cut. Tulip has short, curly hair that was brown. She was kinda tall and lanky. Phillip, there is something wrong with Phillip, he had askew hair and unmaintained facial hair that looked like something lived in it. He was tall and thin, you could probably see his ribs. And Oli was just Oli.

They all said hello in greeting and I shyly waved.

"So your the new rogue in town?" Shawn asked.

"Um, yeah. Me and my cousin just moved in." I muttered.

"So are you the big, brown wolf or the psychotic one?" Phillip asked. Oli shot him a look. I didn't know for what though.

"Uh, the brown one. Linda is the white wolf."

"So, you're the guy that bit Greg over there on the neck. I thought you would be bigger." Tulip chimed.

"So did I. Got him pretty good, deep too. He practically threw a fit when I tried to clean it." Fred said.

"At least you didn't have to hear him complain all night. You put me in a rut, Max. It's bad enough I have to sleep next to a werewolf, but a werewolf being a little bitch is terrible." Shawn said.

"I was not being a bitch. You're the bitch in the relationship, remember?" Greg said. Shawn just gave him a pissed off look.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I kinda thought I was going to die, so yeah." I muttered.

"No worries. It's completely understandable." Greg said. I nodded looking down.

"You okay there, Max?" Phillip asked.

"Yeah, I've just never been around so many werewolves at one time." I said nervously. Ronnie put his hand on my knee, giving me a reassuring smile. I instantly felt better.

"You've never lived in a pack?" Christy asked.

"Um, no not really. Linda did at one time. That didn't end too well, so we just try to avoid them as best we can. Didn't work out too well this time I guess."

"Yeah, well we aren't like other packs. After a while you will never want to leave." Tulip said.

"It's not me I'm worried about." I muttered. No one seemed to notice besides Oli who gave a look.

The rest of the lunch we just chatted about nothing in particular. At the end, Ronnie walked me to English. He said that it 'was on his way to class'. Yeah right. Linda came into class late, and when she sat down she gave Oli a look. I didn't know what it meant, but I didn't really pay attention because I actually listen in class. She didn't say anything to me in class but she did apologize for missing lunch after class. We briskly walked to mythology.

"Um, Linda is there something wrong? You have barely said a word at all." I asked sitting in my seat.

"Yeah, just thinking about stuff."

"Alright, as long as you're sure. " I muttered.

I couldn't argue with her. What proof did I have? She probably just didn't want to talk to me about the whole mate situation. That or she actually had a lot to think about, but every time this happens we run away. I don't want to run away this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just dyed my hair bright red, so I wrote this.